Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Death confirmed linked to the chase
10-12-2017, 08:03 PM,
RE: Death confirmed linked to the chase
(10-12-2017, 07:56 PM)admin Wrote: Many people have died chasing who haven't hit the news. Look up man who died at great sand dunes....yes Beaver Creek in west Yellowstone. More River deaths too I've heard of. Sad... strange it's only been since Randy. All those prior years and nothing.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

That is an interesting observation. I have never thought of that before. How many deaths do you think there have been chasing? I know about five, but seems it may be as a high as 8-10?

What do you think changed in this last 1-2 years?
10-12-2017, 08:42 PM,
(10-12-2017, 08:40 PM)waveseeker Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:03 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 07:56 PM)admin Wrote: Many people have died chasing who haven't hit the news. Look up man who died at great sand dunes....yes Beaver Creek in west Yellowstone. More River deaths too I've heard of. Sad... strange it's only been since Randy. All those prior years and nothing.

That is an interesting observation. I have never thought of that before. How many deaths do you think there have been chasing? I know about five, but seems it may be as a high as 8-10?

Good question Kpro, maybe the publishers can change the forward of the new book to brag about how many people have died in the Chase.

As I write this, seven of those nine hundred years have passed, a hundred thousand people have looked for the treasure, and three have lost their lives in the search

Maybe publish the book online so there's a running counter?

Regards,

ws

Wow, you shocked me a bit with this post.
10-12-2017, 08:44 PM,
Complete agreement admin! What we see in the press is not the whole story, and honestly I don't want the whole story. But the ones who passed did it doing something they wanted to do, instead of waiting for a light to change per say. That being so I don't think FF should feel the blame but feel proud of giving people a reason to get out there and take that risk.
10-12-2017, 08:50 PM,
(10-12-2017, 08:44 PM)Sledneck Wrote: Complete agreement admin! What we see in the press is not the whole story, and honestly I don't want the whole story. But the ones who passed did it doing something they wanted to do, instead of waiting for a light to change per say. That being so I don't think FF should feel the blame but feel proud of giving people a reason to get out there and take that risk.

Exactly
10-12-2017, 08:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 08:54 PM by John Brown.)
(10-12-2017, 05:29 PM)Sledneck Wrote: Dear John, You make a snide comment, then accuse me of being snide, oh the irony. I am sorry if the reality of my job is too much for your delicate senses, I will consider that before I post in the future!

What did I say that was snide? I simply asked you if your friend was not going to protect people who were immune to natural selection. How is that snide? I don't have particularly delicate senses. I simply see no need to attack the dead. I understand that you feel the need to attack the dead. I pity you.

(10-12-2017, 06:14 PM)Sledneck Wrote: I get the feeling I am meeting the ones who stuck a finger in the hotspring and got fussed at by a ranger.

No. You are getting fussed at by someone who spent about 200 hours looking for Randy's corpse and who has no patience for glib assholes.
10-12-2017, 09:07 PM,
(10-12-2017, 08:44 PM)waveseeker Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:42 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:40 PM)waveseeker Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:03 PM)Kpro Wrote:

Good question Kpro, maybe the publishers can change the forward of the new book to brag about how many people have died in the Chase.

As I write this, seven of those nine hundred years have passed, a hundred thousand people have looked for the treasure, and three have lost their lives in the search

Maybe publish the book online so there's a running counter?

Regards,

ws

Wow, you shocked me a bit with this post.

Kpro, it's different when there's a long-lost treasure from centuries ago. But there are living relatives of those who lost their lives searching. Just strikes me as hugely insensitive...

Regards,

ws

I think you took what I said as insensitive? If so, I apologize.

I actually try to post threads like this to ensure it is on our minds. Not only for those not will us , which we need to respect, but not ignore the issues of safety.

I think there should be tribute pages. But to even get a thread pinned during a search of a searcher missing is not something that was granted,though I requested.

Again, my apologies if what I said comes off curt or inappropriate, I didn't mean the number matters, but I think the number is one thing and each person, their life, their journey needs to be respected. And I do that, though i might not say it right.
10-12-2017, 09:18 PM,
Obviously some emotions are in play here, I meant to hurt none of them! AND I AM NOT FORREST FENN!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is this death #4? debbiedowner 3 578 07-31-2017, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Shadetree
  Forrest on Randys death. deb 17 2,847 08-12-2016, 11:27 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  final solve confirmed BiggaB 14 3,452 02-23-2016, 09:00 PM
Last Post: HarryFool
  Death First, Chest Second Halogetter 32 2,554 06-15-2014, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Eldorado