Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Poll: Was there ever an IOU in the chest? If so, did Forrest remove it?
This poll is closed.
There was an IOU in the chest, and he took it out
41.67%
5 41.67%
There was an IOU in the chest, and he left it in
16.67%
2 16.67%
There was never an IOU in the chest
41.67%
5 41.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
$100,000 IOU in the chest?
10-12-2017, 03:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2017, 03:18 PM by FennMaster.)
$100,000 IOU in the chest?
I like those surveys and I have a couple of questions that I was wondering about related to Forrest and the chest. So here goes with the first one.

The following is what I believe to be a full quote from Forrest regarding the $100,000 IOU he may or may not have put in or taken out of the chest:

“There’s something that I don’t know whether it’s in the treasure chest or not. It was a crazy idea… But did I want to know if somebody found the treasure chest? so I said yeah, I do. One reason is so people won’t be spending money looking for something that isn’t there any more. So I put an IOU. I wrote an IOU; take this IOU to my bank in Santa Fe and collect a hundred thousand dollars. I figured for a hundred thousand dollars the guy that found the treasure chest would not want to keep it secret anymore. I think I took that IOU out, but I don’t remember whether I did or not. It’s in there in spirit.”

I wonder if he said he took it out of the chest(and it was never really in there) to use the "It's in there in spirit" as motivation for the person who finds the chest to contact him.
10-12-2017, 03:22 PM,
RE: $100,000 IOU in the chest?
I think the extra suprise is a large cash sum that when collected will let fenn know the treasure was found. thats how he will know it was actually found.
My DM's are open, follow me on twitter @zombiecupkake
10-12-2017, 06:36 PM,
He took the iou out and put the silver bracelet in. 1 to aid the seekers as an additional hint and plus, you will still get the 100k, u just havve to return his bracelet
10-12-2017, 08:22 PM,
(10-12-2017, 08:21 PM)waveseeker Wrote: Some people don't care about the IOU. They're going to take a picture of the chest, melt down the contents, and move on with their lives.

Regards,

ws

I agree, so I think there is something more that would make it impossible to not tell ff or that he would not know.
10-12-2017, 08:26 PM,
(10-12-2017, 08:25 PM)waveseeker Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:22 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:21 PM)waveseeker Wrote: Some people don't care about the IOU. They're going to take a picture of the chest, melt down the contents, and move on with their lives.

Regards,

ws

I agree, so I think there is something more that would make it impossible to not tell ff or that he would not know.

Excellent point Kpro. We're all meant to be here for each other's entertainment, right?

Regards,

ws

Most of the time Smile.
10-13-2017, 07:57 AM,
I still think his "better way" of giving the finder $100k is that he hid $100k near him and the olive jar contains directions to this spot. Somehow just by looking at this spot he can tell if somebody retrieved the money. When the time is right he'll pass this information down to his grandson to be the "watcher".
-= 12 inch club =-
10-13-2017, 08:11 AM,
(10-13-2017, 07:57 AM)SimonSays Wrote: I still think his "better way" of giving the finder $100k is that he hid $100k near him and the olive jar contains directions to this spot. Somehow just by looking at this spot he can tell if somebody retrieved the money. When the time is right he'll pass this information down to his grandson to be the "watcher".

So you think Shiloh will be the one who takes over?
10-13-2017, 09:07 AM,
Google Earth (satellite imaging) doesn't go down that far if it is buried, but if the spot can bee seen from GE you can't hide digging unless you make an effort and even then it takes a couple of years for plant life to recover. Satellite images can be purchased aside from GE and doing it anonymously is probably not difficult. If the Blaze is such that there is only one orientation and the inscription can only be read from 12' or less the exact hiding spot wouldn't be hard to find. Look quickly down, at your feet.
10-13-2017, 09:41 AM,
(10-13-2017, 09:07 AM)ChasingScant Wrote: Google Earth (satellite imaging) doesn't go down that far if it is buried, but if the spot can bee seen from GE you can't hide digging unless you make an effort and even then it takes a couple of years for plant life to recover. Satellite images can be purchased aside from GE and doing it anonymously is probably not difficult. If the Blaze is such that there is only one orientation and the inscription can only be read from 12' or less the exact hiding spot wouldn't be hard to find. Look quickly down, at your feet.

And that has to do with the $100k IOU how?
-= 12 inch club =-
10-13-2017, 10:36 AM,
(10-13-2017, 09:41 AM)SimonSays Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 09:07 AM)ChasingScant Wrote: Google Earth (satellite imaging) doesn't go down that far if it is buried, but if the spot can bee seen from GE you can't hide digging unless you make an effort and even then it takes a couple of years for plant life to recover. Satellite images can be purchased aside from GE and doing it anonymously is probably not difficult. If the Blaze is such that there is only one orientation and the inscription can only be read from 12' or less the exact hiding spot wouldn't be hard to find. Look quickly down, at your feet.

And that has to do with the $100k IOU how?

More to do with the IOU is there in spirit. The IOU may be to the persons spirit the blaze is dedicated to. An important person in history that has been entirely forgotten, without whom Forrest life would have been different. It was a pivotal moment in Forrest life when he lay at the French soldiers marker, unnoticeable in the middle of nowhere. If I'm right, I'm not sure how he pulled it off, but the right map has a large 17'-X marking the spot. Or, I will be just like a hundred thousand others, no chest. c'est la vie!