Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Poll: Was there ever an IOU in the chest? If so, did Forrest remove it?
This poll is closed.
There was an IOU in the chest, and he took it out
41.67%
5 41.67%
There was an IOU in the chest, and he left it in
16.67%
2 16.67%
There was never an IOU in the chest
41.67%
5 41.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
$100,000 IOU in the chest?
10-14-2017, 11:55 AM,
RE: $100,000 IOU in the chest?
(10-14-2017, 11:34 AM)waveseeker Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 11:00 AM)FennMaster Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:21 PM)waveseeker Wrote: Some people don't care about the IOU. They're going to take a picture of the chest, melt down the contents, and move on with their lives. There are motivations other than money :-$.

Regards,

ws

Are you saying you're one of the people that doesn't care about the IOU,
and that if Fenn made it very clear he would give the finder $100K for coming forward that you would not call him?

What would be your motivation for looking for a $2 million treasure in the first place, other than money?

It's quite simple. So I can give it to my best friend who never had an opportunity in life. His grandparents had to take him in at two weeks old because his crack-addicted mother poured acid on his leg, and his father was in prison. Despite all the adversity, I still marvel to this day: How does this man wake up happy and optimistic every day and give joy to so many people? I can't think of anyone more deserving, and he would do the right thing. It's a storybook ending that most would not anticipate.

Last year, we went searching together in Wyoming and Montana. Picture an inner-city kid who's never been to the mountains before. We're hiking up to Wraith Falls, and he decides to climb the face of the falls to the top. He took some beautiful video footage from the top, and it's a moment I'll never forget.

Regards,

ws

That's a good story. I know melting down the treasure and turning it into money will help, but I'd suggest asking for the $100K too, sounds like your friend could use it.
10-14-2017, 11:59 AM,
(10-14-2017, 11:57 AM)waveseeker Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 11:55 AM)FennMaster Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 11:34 AM)waveseeker Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 11:00 AM)FennMaster Wrote:
(10-12-2017, 08:21 PM)waveseeker Wrote: Some people don't care about the IOU. They're going to take a picture of the chest, melt down the contents, and move on with their lives. There are motivations other than money :-$.

Regards,

ws

Are you saying you're one of the people that doesn't care about the IOU,
and that if Fenn made it very clear he would give the finder $100K for coming forward that you would not call him?

What would be your motivation for looking for a $2 million treasure in the first place, other than money?

It's quite simple. So I can give it to my best friend who never had an opportunity in life. His grandparents had to take him in at two weeks old because his crack-addicted mother poured acid on his leg, and his father was in prison. Despite all the adversity, I still marvel to this day: How does this man wake up happy and optimistic every day and give joy to so many people? I can't think of anyone more deserving, and he would do the right thing. It's a storybook ending that most would not anticipate.

Last year, we went searching together in Wyoming and Montana. Picture an inner-city kid who's never been to the mountains before. We're hiking up to Wraith Falls, and he decides to climb the face of the falls to the top. He took some beautiful video footage from the top, and it's a moment I'll never forget.

Regards,

ws

That's a good story. I know melting down the treasure and turning it into money will help, but I'd suggest asking for the $100K too, sounds like your friend could use it.

I don't think melting the treasure down was ever a consideration, more about what certain people are thinking and saying.

Regards,

ws

Look at your first post in this reply?
10-14-2017, 12:05 PM,
(10-14-2017, 11:54 AM)waveseeker Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 11:51 AM)Copper Wrote: Cool WS-Being motivated by wanting to help others is awesome. I hope you are close. If I find it, I'll donate 20% to your friend. There are too many people to count who could use the financial help. Your friend sounds like an incredible person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Side bar:I probably won't find it. Just so you know.Smile

Thanks Copper. Sometimes it's tough to be a stats guy because you don't want to think about the real odds.

Regards,

ws

Just think it in the binary mode only. Lol, otherwise it is just sad to think about.