Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unbelievable Forrest Fenn Quotes?
10-14-2017, 05:47 PM,
RE: Unbelievable Forrest Fenn Quotes?
(10-14-2017, 03:58 PM)FennMaster Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 03:49 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 02:34 PM)FennMaster Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 02:18 PM)fallingrock Wrote: http://dalneitzel.com/2013/08/31/scrapbook-thirty-nine/

Yikes!

(10-14-2017, 11:23 AM)TrapperJ Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 10:59 AM)FennMaster Wrote: What do you think it hints at, chasewise?

It makes me think about the secrets he is keeping. Did he find out the location of the Fenn Cache? That would be a secret with a dead guy. Was the hidey spot known by someone who has passed?

Up until you said "Was the hidey spot known by someone who has passed?"
I thought you were implying Fenn told someone and killed them.
Living out the old saying "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you". Smile
Glad I kept reading to the end. I hope you weren't implying that(passed by natural causes?).

Read as much as you can about King Midas. Especially after he got mule ears. It might answer the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what you're implying with that story.
I can say, I've seen Forrest Fenn without a hat.

I was taking it that it meant that the mishap made him want to kill himself and he did.
10-14-2017, 06:05 PM,
(10-14-2017, 05:47 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 02:34 PM)FennMaster Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 02:18 PM)fallingrock Wrote: http://dalneitzel.com/2013/08/31/scrapbook-thirty-nine/

Yikes!

(10-14-2017, 11:23 AM)TrapperJ Wrote: It makes me think about the secrets he is keeping. Did he find out the location of the Fenn Cache? That would be a secret with a dead guy. Was the hidey spot known by someone who has passed?

Living out the old saying "I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you". Smile
Glad I kept reading to the end. I hope you weren't implying that(passed by natural causes?).

Read as much as you can about King Midas. Especially after he got mule ears. It might answer the question.

I was taking it that it meant that the mishap made him want to kill himself and he did.

No, before Midas went into the wilderness to live as a starving hermit, he had to tell his secret, and that's what I think pertains...

Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
10-14-2017, 06:11 PM,
(10-14-2017, 06:05 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 02:34 PM)FennMaster Wrote: Yikes!

No, before Midas went into the wilderness to live as a starving hermit, he had to tell his secret, and that's what I think pertains...

Interesting. I do find mythology and the gods very interesting.
10-15-2017, 12:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 12:48 PM by FennMaster.)
(10-14-2017, 02:34 PM)FennMaster Wrote: Yikes!

I read(skimmed) the wikipedia page about Midas.
I'm pretty sure it said his barber let the secret out, but probably not relevant to what you're trying to say.

But it looks like you're saying Fenn won't be able to stand the pressure of being the only one who knows where the TC is and he is eventually going to tell someone?
And then (two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead) he'll have to kill them?
Or ?
10-15-2017, 01:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-15-2017, 03:58 PM by Mindy.)
(10-15-2017, 12:46 PM)FennMaster Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 03:49 PM)Mindy Wrote: Read as much as you can about King Midas. Especially after he got mule ears. It might answer the question.

I'm pretty sure it said his barber let the secret out, but probably not relevant to what you're trying to say.

But it looks like you're saying Fenn won't be able to stand the pressure of being the only one who knows where the TC is and he is eventually going to tell someone?
And then (two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead) he'll have to kill them?
Or ?

Midas went through a few barbers until there was just one barber left. This last barber knew what happened to the other barbers who told the secret (Midas had them killed), and he was desperate to tell the secret without getting killed. So he went to a meadow, dug a hole in he ground and whispered his secret. Reeds (look up etymology of many poem words and canasta) sprang up over the hole and began whispering the secret.

In another version, the barber is instructed to go to the first tree he comes to after a crossroads and whisper his secret to it. The barber did as he was told and the first tree he came to was... a willow.

Interesting to note that Midas also had a daughter named Zoe, and that a wagon figures prominently in the tale.

The connections to the chase include how two can know a secret if one of them is dead (tree, rock, hole in he ground, etc).

And that the "trees know..."

Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
10-15-2017, 02:42 PM,
Very nice follow up Mindy. Perhaps one will learn a secret once Old Man Fenn passes.
= : = : = : = : = : = : = : = : = : = : =
Self-proclaimed Fennprentice
= : = : = : = : = : = : = : = : = : = : =
10-15-2017, 02:52 PM,
(10-15-2017, 01:05 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 12:46 PM)FennMaster Wrote:
(10-14-2017, 03:58 PM)FennMaster Wrote: I don't know what you're implying with that story.

Or ?

Midas went through a few barbers until there was just one barber left. He knew what happened to the other barbers who told the secret (Midas had them killed), so this barber was desperate to tell the secret without getting killed. So he went to a meadow, duh a hole in he ground and whispered his secret. Reeds (look up etymology of many poem words and canasta) sprang up over the hole and began whispering the secret.

In another version, the barber is instructed to go to the first tree he comes to after a crossroads and whisper his secret to it. The barber did as he was told and the first tree he came to was... a willow.

Interesting to note that Midas also had a daughter named Zoe, and that a wagon figures prominently in the tale.

The connections to the chase include how two can know a secret if one of them is dead (tree, rock, hole in he ground, etc).

And that the "trees know..."

Thanks for the explanation.

I hope Fenn's barber isn't reading this.
10-16-2017, 01:53 PM,
(10-15-2017, 02:42 PM)fallingrock Wrote: Very nice follow up Mindy. Perhaps one will learn a secret once Old Man Fenn passes.

Unlikely, since Fenn plans on taking the secret with him to his grave.
10-16-2017, 02:29 PM,
(10-16-2017, 01:53 PM)FennMaster Wrote:
(10-15-2017, 02:42 PM)fallingrock Wrote: Very nice follow up Mindy. Perhaps one will learn a secret once Old Man Fenn passes.

Maybe the final spot exact location (I doubt that too), but I don't beleive that all of a sudden nothing, at all.

Fenn has said a lot of things that seem to be exact opposites of each other, so how does one figure out what is true and what is not?
10-16-2017, 02:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-16-2017, 02:34 PM by FennMaster.)
(10-16-2017, 02:29 PM)Kpro Wrote:
(10-16-2017, 01:53 PM)FennMaster Wrote:

Maybe the final spot exact location (I doubt that too), but I don't beleive that all of a sudden nothing, at all.

Fenn has said a lot of things that seem to be exact opposites of each other, so how does one figure out what is true and what is not?

KPro,

That's a good point, fallingrock did type "a secret" not "the secret".
I was in tight focus with "the secret" (i.e. the treasure chest location).
You are right.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Fenn Quotes decall 56 2,444 Today, 01:02 AM
Last Post: admin
  can not find a couple quotes from FF admin 4 1,338 03-21-2017, 08:47 AM
Last Post: mrmagicarovrumrebel
Lightbulb FF Quotes Mindy 12 4,699 09-17-2015, 07:08 AM
Last Post: viper244