Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Puzzles, logic and keys
10-17-2017, 05:13 PM,
RE: Puzzles, logic and keys
(10-17-2017, 04:18 PM)muset Wrote: Hi Barbara.

I have determined (IMO) that the poem consists of 24 full-line anagrams. I can actually prove it; but I don't feel like having anybody catch up to me, or getting one for free, or determining what is and how to use the key word.

There are many additional rules that need to be discovered and applied in order to resolve the correct set of anagrams. The most basic rules being that no letters can be left over and spelling counts.

Anagrams make the puzzle a fun game and provide something to work towards solving (instead of guessing).

Have fun!

I applaud your patience. I did take a turn at anagrams. I like them, actually, just not as a solve anymore (doesn't mean I'm right about that). I agree with your rules too. I wish you luck.

-Barbara
10-18-2017, 12:50 AM,
I've been thinking lately about the now (seemingly) forgotten work people did "back in the day". Check out the old thread "Codes and Ciphers". In particular, find the post about "Yeats Edited". That comes from applying a skip code (2 Pi) backwards to the poem and using 7 characters per line. The whole thing is laid out in "Teachers with Ropes". I should probably write an update post on the topic to more clearly explain it all.

Anyway, that's a skip code, arrangement, word search, and book code all in one.
10-18-2017, 06:38 AM,
Remember the thing ff said about no knowlege of ciphers, head pounds,etc. etc. would help? Maybe the poem includes some of all of them on his list?
10-18-2017, 11:00 AM,
On the topic of that "no ciphers, head pressure, etc..." scrapbook, it is itself a cipher. If you apply the 2 Pi skip code forward on the list, put 7 characters per line, and do the word search (horizontal and vertical) you find a crossing at "US Cedes Dams". If it was intentional then it's probably a reference to the Panama Canal, which was ceded to Panama on Jan 1st, 2000.
10-18-2017, 11:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-18-2017, 11:16 AM by TrapperJ.)
I have thought about the Panama Canal being associated with heavy loads and water high. US Cedes Dams," does not make sense because it's not a dam. It's a series of locks.
10-18-2017, 11:22 AM,
(10-18-2017, 11:10 AM)TrapperJ Wrote: I have thought about the Panama Canal being associated with heavy loads and water high. US Cedes Dams," does not make sense because it's not a dam. It's a series of locks.

Why would you give any thought to the Panama Canal with regards to the chase?
I'm sure you have a reason, just curious what it is.

".... When these guys are making a mistake I don’t want to interrupt them." -ff
You Should Know By Now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAm2wBoKsAE
10-18-2017, 11:28 AM,
But I thought the chase poem was written prior to 2000? I think I remember it was announced a couple of years prior to 2000 but not sure; I guess it might apply to the chase but what?
just saying ss
10-18-2017, 11:34 AM,
It's just the way I approach the chase. Maybe the way my brain works best. I take everything in and then the stuff with the most connections rises to the top.

I would say it's possible for clue locations to be outside the search area. Only the TC needs to be in the 4 states.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Logic of F’s Truth Mindy 3 897 09-09-2018, 09:38 PM
Last Post: McFly
  Surfaced; a not her/another; one time=1 pm; in peek; 2 keys DeeepThnkr 1 245 07-24-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Riddlemethat
  This puzzle ranks among the sweetest puzzles ever, scary hard DeeepThnkr 29 3,037 07-14-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  What logic most people are missing out on djjmciv 20 3,698 02-05-2015, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  Friends of Fenn as Keys true north 5 2,165 12-09-2014, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Tim Nobody