Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tight focus with a word that is key
10-25-2017, 03:52 PM,
RE: Tight focus with a word that is key
I like this one:

There's a world of difference between truth and facts. Facts can obscure the truth. Maya Angelou
10-25-2017, 04:39 PM,
(10-25-2017, 10:50 AM)delayah Wrote: What is the best overall theory for the searchers that are in tight focus with a keyword?

My theory;

> the keyword is a place on earth
> the folks that are in tight focus with it are very close to the TC and are "under the lens".

n'est-ce pas?

This is a good topic. Thanks. This is from Jenny Kyle's Six Questions of 2014:

http://mysteriouswritings.com/six-questi...rest-fenn/

"Q1: ..What are some of your thoughts about the flurry of activity over the past year? Did the excitement towards the Chase surprise you in any way? Does it make you think the chest might be found earlier than first thought?

A1: Many have given serious thought to the clues in the poem but only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key.”

http://mysteriouswritings.com/weekly-wor...19th-2016/ (Jenny's site)

"*Your destination is small, but its location is huge

My immediate impression from that Q & A was that a few people were making progress. I inferred that Forrest phrased his answer to provide the rest of the searchers a new hint about the nature of the puzzle in the poem.

I think the phrase "..in tight focus.." meant that the few leaders are part of the many who have found the first 2 clues. Whether I think wwwh is the first clue or not, those few must have found the starting place, and accordingly their Google Maps are focused on the correct general area. But how vast is the correct general area? Probably the whole local mountain range or forest, I think.

I interpreted the phrase "..with a word that is key" as an intentionally provocative hint. To me it implies that there is some kind of puzzle in the poem, other than the straight-forward text. I think the puzzle probably augments the nine clues in the text. What is the nature of the puzzle? In the famous Scrapbook 62, Forrest rules out more possibilities than I could have brainstormed, save anagrams:

http://dalneitzel.com/2014/04/26/scrapbook-sixty-two/

"APRIL 2014
Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map.f

http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...agramming/

" [Q] Forrest, many people entertain themselves by anagramming words, would you consider this just tomfoolery?...

[A] Loco, If someone is entertained by anagramming words I will not say it is tomfoolery.f"

Hmm. Are anagrams a subset of ciphers? I think no. Ciphers require a decipher to work, and a single word would not work a decipher. The Q & A from Jenny's site left the door open to go either way.

But we did discover that there is a word that is key and we need to find out what it is and how to use it. If anagrams are involved, how could a key word help to solve them?

http://dalneitzel.com/ (yes, I mean the home page)

" ...Forrest himself is a master of the double entendre. He chooses his words very deliberately..."

Ah ha! Just a little bit of research into anagrams revealed to me that the good ones are double-entendre one-liners that relate back to the original phrase with two contexts. Maybe the key word defines a context. The Chase is a family affair, so potty-mouth contexts are probably not on the list of possibilities. My first guess was "poker", but I don't believe that is correct any more.

Probably it takes a lot of incorrect solves to finally get the correct one, but I have all winter..
10-25-2017, 04:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2017, 10:21 PM by dejoka.)
(10-25-2017, 11:03 AM)LuckyLove Wrote: Hi dalayah, I think there's a lot of ways to take the statement,

Personally, I think there's searchers that are in tight focus with that particular word but they don't know for sure that it is or that they are. If they did then they would, imo, know how to use it, as in exactly where and how to apply it to the solution.

Feb 2014
"It is interesting to know that a great number of people are out there searching. Many are giving serious thought to the clues in my poem, but only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key. The treasure may be discovered sooner than I anticipated." f

LL - For almost four years the few have successfully kept the word and it's application a secret, if you find the word and it's application will you tell everyone?
10-26-2017, 02:57 AM,
(10-25-2017, 12:06 PM)I am Mark Wrote: I think it was an acknowledgement towards a couple of searchers who are on the right track and went looking for the treasure in a packed Ford Focus.

Were they dressed as clowns?
10-26-2017, 05:56 AM,
(10-25-2017, 08:34 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 11:34 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: "Many are giving serious thought to the clues in my poem, but only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key."

Only a few of the clues are in tight focus with a word that is key.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

RT, good thinking.

I remember Cynthia posted that she asked f about the word that is key after f made his statement about it. She said he replied that almost every line in the poem has a word that is key (this is off the top of my head). I probably have a screenshot of that post somewhere.
-.-..The keeper of the key
10-26-2017, 08:12 AM,
(10-26-2017, 05:56 AM)fundamental design Wrote: I remember Cynthia posted that she asked f about the word that is key after f made his statement about it. She said he replied that almost every line in the poem has a word that is key (this is off the top of my head). I probably have a screenshot of that post somewhere.

I'd like to see that.
10-26-2017, 08:47 AM,
(10-26-2017, 05:56 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(10-25-2017, 11:34 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: "Many are giving serious thought to the clues in my poem, but only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key."

RT, good thinking.

I remember Cynthia posted that she asked f about the word that is key after f made his statement about it. She said he replied that almost every line in the poem has a word that is key (this is off the top of my head). I probably have a screenshot of that post somewhere.

http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=6161

FD,

I did not read all 26 pages of that thread but, I did see that the 'Cynthia Thing' was also mentioned by you in that thread.

You stated there (paraphrasing), that you had posted pertinent information elsewhere, that relates to the comment by Cynthia, but that you weren't willing to show where you posted it at and that people could do their homework and find it themselves.

Do you still hold that position, or are you willing to direct us to the information you posted ?

Personally, I've not spent even a moderate amount of time pondering about 'the word that is key'.

I do a boatload of research though.
I don't share all of what I find, but I share quite a bit.

Most of the gems I come up with are a result of my own thinking.

But, if I use information or quotes from other searchers, then I never see any reason to not share the same with everyone here.

So, Cynthia made a comment publicly, you know where it's at, but you aren't willing to share that with the rest of us ?

What is the big secret ?

It's not like most of us don't do our share of research.

But, why require us to search for something that is not really a big secret, seeing that it is already posted somewhere on a public forum ?

I find that just a bit curious.
10-26-2017, 09:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-26-2017, 09:54 AM by fundamental design.)
(10-26-2017, 08:47 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:

RT, good thinking.

FD,

I did not read all 26 pages of that thread but, I did see that the 'Cynthia Thing' was also mentioned by you in that thread.

You stated there (paraphrasing), that you had posted pertinent information elsewhere, that relates to the comment by Cynthia, but that you weren't willing to show where you posted it at and that people could do their homework and find it themselves.

Do you still hold that position, or are you willing to direct us to the information you posted ?

Personally, I've not spent even a moderate amount of time pondering about 'the word that is key'.

But, if I use information or quotes from other searchers, then I never see any reason to not share the same with everyone here.

So, Cynthia made a comment publicly, you know where it's at, but you aren't willing to share that with the rest of us ?

What is the big secret ?

But, why require us to search for something that is not really a big secret, seeing that it is already posted somewhere on a public forum ?

I think you are over complicating this. I posted earlier today that I remember reading that Cynthia posted that comment by f when she asked him about the word that is key. Since at the time I posted that earlier today I can’t remember where I saw that I relayed the best info I had about it at that time. That’s me sharing what I can at that time. Hopefully others would remember the same thing and add to it.

I can take my best guess and say that Cynthia probably posted her comment on Dal’s. I have no interest using their search function to find the post if there. Like I said earlier today, I probably have a screenshot of the quote but that would take about 4 months to find in my collection of 6,000 screenshots. I will chip away at trying to find an easy way to find that info. I’m not gonna look into what you shared a link of as I’m looking for the quickest way to find the relevant post. I’ll try to google it.

Edit to add...I might have remembered where I posted that quote from Cynthia and why I didn’t release the info where before. It might be in my book. I can’t remember so I’ll look in my book when I get time tonight.
-.-..The keeper of the key
10-26-2017, 10:23 AM,
(10-26-2017, 09:49 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(10-26-2017, 08:47 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:

RT, good thinking.

FD,

What is the big secret ?

I think you are over complicating this. I posted earlier today that I remember reading that Cynthia posted that comment by f when she asked him about the word that is key. Since at the time I posted that earlier today I can’t remember where I saw that I relayed the best info I had about it at that time. That’s me sharing what I can at that time. Hopefully others would remember the same thing and add to it.

I can take my best guess and say that Cynthia probably posted her comment on Dal’s. I have no interest using their search function to find the post if there. Like I said earlier today, I probably have a screenshot of the quote but that would take about 4 months to find in my collection of 6,000 screenshots. I will chip away at trying to find an easy way to find that info. I’m not gonna look into what you shared a link of as I’m looking for the quickest way to find the relevant post. I’ll try to google it.

Edit to add...I might have remembered where I posted that quote from Cynthia and why I didn’t release the info where before. It might be in my book. I can’t remember so I’ll look in my book when I get time tonight.

Well, that's got to be the biggest load of BULLSHIT I have read in a while.

How the hell am I 'over complicating' this by questioning something that YOU have stated here and elsewhere ?

You, from above :
"I can take my best guess and say that Cynthia probably posted her comment on Dal’s. I have no interest using their search function to find the post if there."

You, from the link I posted :
"10-17-2016, 11:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-17-2016, 11:17 AM by fundamental design.)

fundamental design
Breakfast Thief

Threads: 10
RE: Im rooting for you all...
Yep, you're shady that you can't back up the fact I already presented my evidence that you still to this day haven't been able to refute at all. You saying it's all conjecture is a joke.

Fact- I sent ff an email before February 4, 2014 explaining I found what I think is a keyword and what it does for a solution in the poem. Put your money where your mouth is and bet me this isn't a fact....

Fact- FF made a public statement on Feb. 4, 2014 about a few searchers in tight focus with a word that is key.

Fact- I presented all my evidence, except my email to ff, here on ChaseChat. Even showed where ff wrote another searcher privately that the poem takes a key.

Fact- I showed on this thread that Cynthia asked about all the word that is key hoopla after ff released his statement. He told her that much of the poem lines have a word that is key (paraphrasing). I have her post somewhere in my notes.

Fact- I have released my email and what it says to the public. You just have to find it...I'm not gonna hand everything to other searchers that can't even conduct a decent debate because all they use are bad assumptions, no research into easily found archives and opinions and think that holds up to facts.

Oh and no one ever said that a word that is key is one of the clues. So, your quote of above doesn't apply.
-.-..The keeper of the key "

In that comment, you said EASILY FOUND ARCHIVES, but now, you're not going to look into the link I provided ? You want to tell others to search for the source but you aren't willing to use the same search function ?

You talk about FACTS and EVIDENCE but are now unwilling or unable to show those facts and evidence, and then have the audacity to say that I am the one who is complicating things ?

I'm using YOUR comments as grounds for the question I am asking.

So, if you see that as complicated or confusing, then imagine how confused the rest of us are when you say you have facts and evidence that supports your comments, but you are unwilling or unable to show us those facts or that evidence.

I'm not the only one here who would be interested in seeing a source for what you have claimed.

And just to be clear, I'm not saying that you can't provide a source for your comment.
I'm simply saying that I would like to see the original.

Sometimes, it helps to be able to see it within the surrounding context of the discussion where it took place.

Take your time.
10-26-2017, 10:49 AM,
12-03-2016, 01:39 PM,
Offline cynthia
Threads: 5
RE: Forrest Fenn vlog #2 - warm waters

(12-03-2016, 01:25 PM)mdc777 Wrote:

(12-03-2016, 12:08 PM)cynthia Wrote:
mdc777, I wasn't going to make any more comments today on any threads here, but i thought your initial diagram that you displayed in this video was awesome. Everyone should click on the link and watch it because it was a great example of how our minds automatically suggest what we think should be next in a puzzle or sequence. And the next piece of that puzzle is indeed something less obvious, but still makes total sense once it is pointed out. Since I watched your video, I've thought a lot about the poem, the hints in the ttotc book, and how Fenn has said many times it could be helpful to find the hints in the book to "unlock the clues in the poem". Someone posted within the last six months that in an email to him they said they had the combination to unlock the clues and he replied to them you don't need a combination, you need a "key". (paraphrased). A lot of us including me have tried to use the 9 clues (whatever one chooses those 9 clues to be) to figure out the warm water, canyon down, heavy loads, water high, no place for the meek, brave and in the wood, etc. You know, we try to find names of places that fit the 9 clues or actual geographic features that fit the 9 clues. After watching your video, maybe we need to unlock the secrets of every line that does not contain one of the nine clues (I agree the first line and first stanza is of utter importance and needs to be solved and may, or may not, be one of the 9 clues) but what about the 5th and 6th stanzas? So I'm saying we need to unlock ALL the non-clue lines or non-clue words to find the "where" he kept his secret and the "where" warm waters halt. Once you find that, you follow the warm water to the treasure chest, just like the contiguous order he said the 9 clues are in. I'm sure dozens of you have already done this or are doing this. So, IMO, after watching this, we need to solve the non-clues in the poem. The diagram turned the light bulb on in my head! Thanks for sharing your video...I'm looking forward to the next one.

Is the "key" statement you are referencing when FF said some are in tight focus with a word that is key or something else he said?

This is my other dilemma...I'm not sure if the two are the same meaning. Fenn said publicly "only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key." The person who commented on CC regarding his exchange of emails said fenn replied (paraphrasing) "You don't need a combination...you need a key." What is your take on these statements? Is the "word that is key" the same as "you need a key"? I don't know.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  tight focus lostowl 3 1,252 05-31-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: lostowl
  Fun with "tight focus" E.C. Waters 31 14,961 01-20-2017, 11:07 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Are you in tight focus with a word that is key? GoneAlone 3 2,742 07-19-2016, 01:13 PM
Last Post: deb
  Lets focus... romeofoxtrot 34 14,708 06-19-2016, 12:02 PM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot
  tight focus with a word that is key. liv42dy 6 4,931 02-25-2016, 12:25 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Tight grouping BrazenBull 2 1,154 12-09-2014, 03:24 PM
Last Post: will197532