Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It is buried! Right from the horses mounth
10-28-2017, 01:09 PM,
RE: It is buried! Right from the horses mounth
Objection! Leading the witness!
-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes
10-28-2017, 01:27 PM,
(10-28-2017, 12:52 PM)The Count Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 12:44 PM)timberwolf Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 12:18 PM)The Count Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 11:55 AM)John Brown Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 11:24 AM)The Count Wrote: If he misspoke once its less likely to believe but when it happens more than once makes you really wonder....

I've made the same slip more than once. In any event, I do believe you have to crack the puzzle down to the level of several feet. I have used a metal detector. I don't know if it is needed or not. He did say at the CW event in 2013 that a metal detector would help you if you were right at the spot. At about 33:10 he says with no ambiguity that a metal detector will help you if you are in exactly the right spot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsTdZRwnydw

This statement elicited a good bit of laughter from the audience but the "if you are in exactly the right spot" is a throw away. I think the laughter was because people felt that "if they were at exactly the right spot" why would they need a detector?
If it is buried or "leaved" or whatever, you might well want a detector. If you get down to the level of a few dozen feet and it is somehow hidden there, a metal detector is going to be your fastest way to search a few hundred square feet.
Yeah, I've personal had a lot of luck finding old relics while using a metal detector in the Rockies, but that was also because I knew the general area to search.

If your trying to search a large area, dangerous terrain, or a place that is difficult to get a metal detector to it would not be practical.

I hope the "old relics" weren't older than 100 years. Then it would be illegal to remove unless on private property with the owners permission. Anything over 100 years falls under the antiquity act. That includes old tin cans, bullet casings, bullets, turds, nails... whatever. Ya gotta love our laws that have been created by elected/appointed/employed government imbeciles.

JMW2C

--TW
Sorry didn't know how old all the stuff was my carbon dating machine was broken...
But since you put it that way my uneducated guess would be 99 years old.

(Laughs) Interesting, expected, but wrong answer.

Ignorance is no excuse. Especially when it comes to the Feds. Uneducated guess will get you in trouble. It will never hold up in federal court. You must do your due diligence and KNOW exactly how old the relic is or leave it where is was... and exactly how it was. Then notify the government agency in charge of the area, the exact location, so they can "properly" record and recover the "old relic." Don't like it? Then change the laws. Believe me, I disagree with the laws, but people should know what the laws are and never post on the internet what they find. IMO.

I feel these laws are nuts and only leads to; making good folks criminals, the black market, and keeps "relics" hidden/private from historians. England has a much better policy.

Here in AZ there is a stricter antiquities law. 50 years. Really? That turd and TP I left under a rock 51 years ago is now an artifact protected by law???? I wonder what that will bring on the black market, LOL.

Gotta love it!

JMW2C

--TW
10-28-2017, 01:38 PM,
(10-28-2017, 01:27 PM)timberwolf Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 12:18 PM)The Count Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 11:55 AM)John Brown Wrote: I've made the same slip more than once. In any event, I do believe you have to crack the puzzle down to the level of several feet. I have used a metal detector. I don't know if it is needed or not. He did say at the CW event in 2013 that a metal detector would help you if you were right at the spot. At about 33:10 he says with no ambiguity that a metal detector will help you if you are in exactly the right spot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsTdZRwnydw

This statement elicited a good bit of laughter from the audience but the "if you are in exactly the right spot" is a throw away. I think the laughter was because people felt that "if they were at exactly the right spot" why would they need a detector?
If it is buried or "leaved" or whatever, you might well want a detector. If you get down to the level of a few dozen feet and it is somehow hidden there, a metal detector is going to be your fastest way to search a few hundred square feet.
Yeah, I've personal had a lot of luck finding old relics while using a metal detector in the Rockies, but that was also because I knew the general area to search.

If your trying to search a large area, dangerous terrain, or a place that is difficult to get a metal detector to it would not be practical.

I hope the "old relics" weren't older than 100 years. Then it would be illegal to remove unless on private property with the owners permission. Anything over 100 years falls under the antiquity act. That includes old tin cans, bullet casings, bullets, turds, nails... whatever. Ya gotta love our laws that have been created by elected/appointed/employed government imbeciles.

JMW2C

--TW
Sorry didn't know how old all the stuff was my carbon dating machine was broken...

Ignorance is no excuse. Especially when it comes to the Feds. Uneducated guess will get you in trouble. It will never hold up in federal court. You must do your due diligence and KNOW exactly how old the relic is or leave it where is was... and exactly how it was. Then notify the government agency in charge of the area, the exact location, so they can "properly" record and recover the "old relic." Don't like it? Then change the laws. Believe me, I disagree with the laws, but people should know what the laws are and never post on the internet what they find. IMO.

I feel these laws are nuts and only leads to; making good folks criminals, the black market, and keeps "relics" hidden/private from historians. England has a much better policy.

Here in AZ there is a stricter antiquities law. 50 years. Really? That turd and TP I left under a rock 51 years ago is now an artifact protected by law???? I wonder what that will bring on the black market, LOL.

Gotta love it!

JMW2C

--TW
Good thing I didn't take a pocket full of dirt, I know that is over a hundred years old. LoL
And good thing there's a difference between finding old relics and taking them....

down with the evil twin

10-28-2017, 01:49 PM,
Thanks for the post this was an interesting interview I hadn't heard before. At 10:52 he also says there are some subtle hints in "the text" of the book that will help you with the clues. He didn't mention pictures or illustrations.
10-28-2017, 01:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 02:07 PM by timberwolf.)
If it is buried, then it must not be on NFS land. The NFS treasure trove laws are such that if you wish to dig up buried treasure you must first put in an application with the exact location. The NFS will then evaluate whether the treasure is located on a site of antiquity, cultural historic, or archeological value. Additionally they will determine whether the site is on an environmental protected area. Then you must file a Plan of Operation and let them know exactly how you plan to excavate and restore the site. Once approved, with permit in hand, you may then dig.

Here is the irony for NFS. You cannot dig for any reason without a permit, with one exception. Gold. You may dig for gold whether dust or nuggets... as long as it is not on someone else's claim. Yes, you can dig to prospect, though to do so with equipment other than pick or shovel, usually requires a Plan of Operation. So, dig for minerals with a shovel, no problem. But do not use anything to dig for treasure (coins, jewelry, etc.) without a permit.

Since Fenn stated he consulted a lawyer, and would not likely purposefully make the finder a criminal, we can safely say it is not buried on NFS land. Check individual states for laws concerning digging on State Land. Here in AZ you cannot dig nor remove ANYTHING from state and State Trust lands without a permit.

JMW2C

--TW

(10-28-2017, 01:38 PM)The Count Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 01:27 PM)timberwolf Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 12:18 PM)The Count Wrote: Yeah, I've personal had a lot of luck finding old relics while using a metal detector in the Rockies, but that was also because I knew the general area to search.

JMW2C

--TW

Gotta love it!

JMW2C

--TW
Good thing I didn't take a pocket full of dirt, I know that is over a hundred years old. LoL
And good thing there's a difference between finding old relics and taking them....

LOL, you are correct, finding is different than taking them... as long as you do not have to "dig" on NFS or NPS or Wilderness or Indian or National Monuments or antiquity or archaeologic land to "find" but not remove them.

Enjoy YOUR "public" lands folks!!! Just don't do ANYTHING while you are actually on them as you enjoy them. Look but don't touch!!

JMW2C.

--TW
10-28-2017, 02:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 04:20 PM by The Count.)
(10-28-2017, 01:58 PM)timberwolf Wrote: Since Fenn stated he consulted a lawyer, and would not likely purposefully make the finder a criminal, we can safely say it is not buried on NFS land. Check individual states for laws concerning digging on State Land. Here in AZ you cannot dig nor remove ANYTHING from state and State Trust lands without a permit.

JMW2C

--TW

Well Fenn must of felt there was some sort of legality(either hiding or finding the chest) or he would not of consulted a lawyer over the topic of the chase. So eliminated a area based on this premise may not be correct especially if Fenn knows where the chest could end up by putting it on certain land, a good example would be tribal land, regardless who found it, if it is found on tribal land it belongs to the tribe of those lands.

This will fall under the premise of finding the chest and legally keeping the chest may be 2 entirely different things.

Edit: been reading older stuff and found this seems to go with the topic of this post

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nm-warns-trea...46563.html

down with the evil twin

10-28-2017, 03:28 PM,
How do you justify the "Second, I have not said that a searcher was closer than 12’ from the treasure. It is not likely that anyone would get that close and not find it," comment. If the chest were buried then it would be possible to be within 12 feet and not find the treasure.
10-28-2017, 03:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-28-2017, 03:41 PM by Chris Yates.)
if you've read my comments on this blog last couple days then you would know how easy it is to justify it

edit: as an aside, imo the hint he dropped here by saying this was his "Second" answer, is that getting you within 12 feet is because the treasure location is given in the poem down to the seconds

and within 12 feet would mean down to the tenth or twentieth of a second

10-28-2017, 04:06 PM,
(10-28-2017, 03:28 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: How do you justify the "Second, I have not said that a searcher was closer than 12’ from the treasure. It is not likely that anyone would get that close and not find it," comment. If the chest were buried then it would be possible to be within 12 feet and not find the treasure.
not likely
Probably means only one reason anyone would be at the location of the chest, because the poem lead them there regardless if the chest is buried or not.

down with the evil twin

10-28-2017, 04:50 PM,
(10-28-2017, 02:10 PM)The Count Wrote:
(10-28-2017, 01:58 PM)timberwolf Wrote: Since Fenn stated he consulted a lawyer, and would not likely purposefully make the finder a criminal, we can safely say it is not buried on NFS land. Check individual states for laws concerning digging on State Land. Here in AZ you cannot dig nor remove ANYTHING from state and State Trust lands without a permit.

JMW2C

--TW

Well Fenn must of felt there was some sort of legality(either hiding or finding the chest) or he would not of consulted a lawyer over the topic of the chase. So eliminated a area based on this premise may not be correct especially if Fenn knows where the chest could end up by putting it on certain land, a good example would be tribal land, regardless who found it, if it is found on tribal land it belongs to the tribe of those lands.

This will fall under the premise of finding the chest and legally keeping the chest may be 2 entirely different things.

Edit: been reading older stuff and found this seems to go with the topic of this post

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nm-warns-trea...46563.html

Im going to skip a few steps cause i think.... I think he contacted a lawyer not because of who the chest belongs to if it was found but the gold... City of gold?! Becaise its not on the surface but IN the mountain itself... That, he would need some explanations for... The chest itself he could just look up laws pertaining to how/where he hid it!

youre welcome lucky love! I like the way you dig!

And as far as where he said at the 10 minute mark "subtle hints in the text", thats what ive seen the entire time... He said hes never put things in there intentionally which means hes not alyerinf photos or anything like that... Some people just have a hard time seeing the hinys in the text so they concentrate their focus on photos... Which isnt a bad thing at all, becaise i feel thats how a child can help you, i just dont see hints in the photos.

I am rereading all of his books, started a couple days ago (bit have been tied up with assassins creed origins lol) and have been sticking those little sticky note tabs off the right side of the pages that have hints that i CAN explain, and tabs off the tops of the pages that i THINK MAY contain hints, that i want to look in to... When im done.... Ill number each tab and put together a template with with micrsoft word that contains everything about said hints with urls, pictures and sources...

Im like 99.99999% sure im right about the chests whereabouts, cause im telling u guys, theres quite a bit of hints if you know exactly what youre looking for... That spanish revolution one in hia moby dickens vid when he says he wrote ww1 on purpose to see who was paying attention.... That is a solidifiying key right there! Smile

anyways i posted that interview for you guys cause i felt it was important.... Theres 2 other ones lucky love has up too... They pretty much cover the same stuff as the other interviews youve all seen though! Anyways, have a great rest of your day and. I hope you all enjotly the new book if you got it! Still waiting on my copy.... Uhhhh