Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
It is buried! Right from the horses mounth
11-14-2017, 08:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 08:40 AM by Umbra.)
RE: It is buried! Right from the horses mounth
(10-28-2017, 08:44 AM)McFly Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hZCYjy-DIRM

About a minute in! Good stuff lucky love! Youve found some hard to find interviews ive never heard before...

Yep, he says "buried it" alright, but then what do you make of his comment where he said it was unlikely someone would be within 12 feet of it and not find it? Something seems fishy.

I was really hard on Milan about this once because of that statement, which was rude of me and I apologized once already but I don't know if he read it. I looked at it as faulty reasoning, but Fenn did say buried unless that was edited. Still, those statements still don't add up for me unless someone has an idea as to how they would both apply.

It kind of sounds like it was punched in. I suppose I could rip a sound bite and run it through an audio editing program, like Audacity or ProTools and look for a patch to see if it was. Not sure I'm motivated to do that at this point, but it's possible to do.

Oh yeah... In advance I want to say that I am not at all accusing Lucky of editing it.

I'm editing this minutes after my post. He says it in the original too, so unless, in the unlikely event the station punched it in, he said it. http://wgnradio.com/2013/03/06/wednesday...6-2013-pm/
11-14-2017, 02:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 02:24 PM by Sourdough.)
(11-01-2017, 09:03 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 08:36 AM)PL289 Wrote: IMO and only IMO

it would be easy easy easy for f to say it's not buried underground or he didn't dig a hole/take a shovel with him/etc

Why he hasn't said that is the puzzling part. Maybe him continually say I don't want to give that as a clue...is indeed a hint (not a clue)

He consistently said it's hidden, or I hid it. Maybe there's something to those phrases we need to connect.

I’m guessing one reason why f doesn’t want to delineate between hid or buried is because if it’s buried and he says it’s buried then that might make a lot of searchers restless in their believe that it’s possible to find by them. Many searchers might drop out.

Not to mention legal implications of buried based on where it is found.
11-14-2017, 04:09 PM,
(10-30-2017, 12:57 PM)fundamental design Wrote: It doesn’t matter that no one has found the tc by poking holes in the ground...it matters that they have tried especially if they think they have the correct solve.

There’s been plenty of searchers who think they have had the correct solve. We know the correct solve gets one to within a few feet of the tc. If all those searchers get to their spot and don’t see the tc hidden then I’d suggest spotting the blaze and do their due diligence and check under whatever surface or ground matter is at their spot. You only have to check a few feet (in cirmference) since it would be a correct solve that you came up with. If you know you only have a general solve (like you don’t have answers to some of the ending clues or other issues) then no need to check.

In other words, there’s no need to keep checking the surface of your final spot after you’ve checked it. The poem has look quickly down. That could suggest look quickly down. Down could be a result of gravity. Down could be a result of a good hide under the surface of the ground that can’t be stumbled upon.

Exactly!

Unfortunately, the poem alone will not give you a correct solve to within a few feet. The phrase “look quickly down” doesn’t require the chest to be within a few feet of the blaze. The correct solve gets you to the blaze and eventually within several feet of the chest but that doesn’t mean the chest is at the blaze. “Down” is relative like very close proximity and looking quickly down could reveal a further clue to the final resting place.

Note Forrest’s comment that once you find the blaze, the distance to the chest will be obvious. There has to be something additional at the blaze to make that statement true since specificity within a few feet is not in the poem. Personally, I don’t believe the chest is within a few feet of the blaze; otherwise, it would have been found already. The reason the chase continues is you still have some work to do once you find the blaze and a distance from the blaze won’t get you within a few feet unless you also know the exact direction as well (radial).

It’s likely he prepared the site beforehand on one or more previous trips and could have had a shovel with him then. Forrest looks up definitions and is careful in his word selection. IMO, stumble was used because you could trip over it if it was not below ground level. FWIW, I’m checking both above and below ground keeping what’s pictured on page 218 (TFTW) in mind.

He didn’t need a shovel the day he hid the chest and you shouldn’t need one to retrieve it but you will still have to find that square foot in the middle of nowhere with 7 years of nature blowing/growing in over top of it.
11-14-2017, 05:06 PM,
"... I don’t believe the chest is within a few feet of the blaze; otherwise, it would have been found already. "

So is that another way of saying that you believe a searcher(s) has found the correct blaze ?

If so, do you care to say what makes you think that ?
11-14-2017, 05:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 05:31 PM by crazyfamily.)
I believe it. That's why I pushed so hard to clear up that, purportedly fake, news that the chest will be found at the blaze. Some people just Roll Over...we may never know.
11-14-2017, 05:44 PM,
Its not within a couple feet of the blaze but most definitely within a few feet
11-14-2017, 06:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 06:03 PM by Sourdough.)
(11-14-2017, 05:06 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: "... I don’t believe the chest is within a few feet of the blaze; otherwise, it would have been found already. "

So is that another way of saying that you believe a searcher(s) has found the correct blaze ?

If so, do you care to say what makes you think that ?

Yes, I believe more than one searcher has found the correct blaze.

I believe that based on photographic confirmation of clues and BOTG.

(11-14-2017, 05:44 PM)McFly Wrote: Its not within a couple feet of the blaze but most definitely within a few feet

Assume that’s based on the “few” versus “several” statements and the definition of those words?
11-14-2017, 08:07 PM,
I'm not convinced that more than one searcher has found the correct
blaze.

And I haven't heard from any horse a claim that the TC is buried.

Do you think that the phrase "pot at the end of a rainbow" could refer
to a "rocky mountain high"?
11-15-2017, 09:14 AM,
(11-01-2017, 12:19 PM)The Count Wrote: And still no one seems to care about the slip up in elevation....

If true it is by far a more helpful than the chest being buried.

Count,
I couldn't agree more.
OO
11-15-2017, 11:31 AM,
(11-15-2017, 09:14 AM)OmeOmy Wrote:
(11-01-2017, 12:19 PM)The Count Wrote: And still no one seems to care about the slip up in elevation....

If true it is by far a more helpful than the chest being buried.

Count,
I couldn't agree more.
OO

Right there with you. Club 72