Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsuccessful Locations List
01-11-2014, 04:35 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from NTMI on January 11, 2014, 4:21 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from will197532 on January 11, 2014, 1:16 pm</b>

Successful location that its not there #1 Leadville CO.
</div>

Did you get a certificate for flying in, Will, or did you drive?</div>
</div>
Flew into Denver and drove to Leadville. Spent the week there and hunt for the chest and did some hiking and made it to 12000 feet which is good for a flat lander
01-12-2014, 01:45 AM,

<b>Quote from the_one on January 11, 2014, 1:49 am</b>

Start listing your unsuccessful locations so we can narrow it down as a community. Include GPS coordinates, a site name, and/or any details about how you explored the site (in dirt/trees, under rocks/structures, with metal detector, etc.). Lack of success doesn't rule it out but if tons of people are missing it in one location it may not be worth further trouble.

If the treasure has been found we'd never know unless someone provided the media with a prelisted artifact from the chest. I doubt the finder would announce discovery simply to avoid taxes and other negative publicity (ruining everyone's plans). So the search could and likely will continue indefinitely unless we start sharing unsuccessful results (where the treasure may have been).
</div>

You first, cowboy.
Regards,

t.

Toby Michael Younis
http://www.tyounis.com
01-12-2014, 06:25 AM,
My unsuccessful spots: New Mexico, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Idaho and Utah ;-)

Ok, seriously...Pilar, NM up behind the water pipe coming out of the mountain which reminded me of the pipe on the front of his book. I was able to make all the clues fit perfectly there to the point my husband left without me to go back home(he had jury duty and couldn't stay) and I went here alone(huge step for me).
01-12-2014, 08:15 AM,
I have no idea if I do or not. If you go to Pilar, I went across the bridge there and went up that mountain road which was VERY scary...we had this kid drive the other way around a curve and almost clocked us....VERY VERY scary. Then we went to this road up on top where you could walk along the Rio Grande from up above on the other side and I left a presidential coin on the trail if anyone happens to go there. We walked a few trails back in there...so pretty.
01-12-2014, 10:42 AM,

<b>Quote from admin on January 12, 2014, 8:15 am</b>

I have no idea if I do or not. If you go to Pilar, I went across the bridge there and went up that mountain road which was VERY scary...we had this kid drive the other way around a curve and almost clocked us....VERY VERY scary. Then we went to this road up on top where you could walk along the Rio Grande from up above on the other side and I left a presidential coin on the trail if anyone happens to go there. We walked a few trails back in there...so pretty.
</div>

That area is one of my favorite camping and fishing spots along the Rio Grande.
Regards,

t.

Toby Michael Younis
http://www.tyounis.com
01-12-2014, 12:11 PM,
....and it's sort of in the "middle" of his place and Taos. I know he was spending a great deal of time in Taos at the time of his diagnosis. So maybe he would do is business up there and on his way home he'd stop in there to do a little fishing. I think I mentioned this before, but I asked a guy at the airport where he would fish on the Rio and he said Pilar. Then hearing that Pilar was the name of Hemingways fishing boat....I think I booked my next flight before I left town on that one lol. I think I lost my breath the first time I saw the Rio Grande from that road just to the North of the main one by the bridge. It was so spectacular. I wonder if you guys who have grown up in the West have the same "oh my gosh" feeling, us flatlanders have when we see something like that or if you are used to that since you get that view all the time.
01-12-2014, 12:32 PM,
So many beautiful places, so little time.......
01-12-2014, 01:51 PM,
So where else have you been? :-)
01-12-2014, 02:07 PM,
The different ways we all see the chase never fails to amaze me. If someone finds the treasure in an area I was looking at I would feel a bit disappointed for a while but would get over it because I obviously didnt have all the clues right. Everyone better adjust to the idea it very well may be found in an area searched by many.

I dont see people sharing as being arrogant, I see them as excited about what they are seeing. I see nothing wrong with that. Do you really believe Forrest wants us all to keep everything we are learning to ourselves? If he did, I dont believe he would have involved the internet in this search.
Shhh they aren't listening.
01-12-2014, 02:12 PM,
One of my first searches we did, I got it into my head that the sculpture garden at Shidoni foundry was a good place to start. LOL I did enjoy the visit even though I couldnt force it to fit the clues. All those love bronze statues. Smile
Shhh they aren't listening.