Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsuccessful Locations List
01-12-2014, 09:17 PM,
Hence the name Turtle :-)
01-12-2014, 09:23 PM,
Stephanie,

I think I was just talking about looking for the treasure or maybe it was a pun for the all the men who are searching for it.........I may have had to go to the bathroom at the time. :-) can't remember.

No, I haven't been to any events. Forrest Fenn asked me to come meet him once, but I never did. I've been asked to do a story with NBC for this event, several times, but I declined. The last time was in August, so the whole "fall-out thing" with The Today Show, I just don't see being an issue. .....Things just happen sometimes. If I had went with them, then we would probably have had another clue, but would it really mean anything? I'm just surprised they didn't get someone else to do it. It seems like there would have been plenty of people willing, but perhaps not. I'm sure they had a few people in mind, you were probably one, but evidently nobody wanted to do it. They might have also wanted it to be certain way too

--- Good clues and an interesting story; and if it didn't meet those standards, then why bother. It just probably fizzled out.
01-12-2014, 09:37 PM,
As far as people giving out there information, ..........who am I to judge? :-)

I'll take it.

01-13-2014, 03:41 AM,
Cool Nora. Yes, I've been asked a bunch about doing stuff like that, but always turn it down.
01-13-2014, 09:41 AM,
@Steph Have you herd about the reality shows that they have been trying to recruit fellow searchers, Wonder if they tried to recruit you and have you thought about doing one?
01-13-2014, 10:42 AM,
Yeah I've talked to a few of them. They were asking me to find people and I forwarded them a few of the regular searchers. They all did have an interest in me possibly being involved in them just because I've been around a while I guess, but I just want my focus to be about the chest and it's easier for me behind a keyboard than in front of a camera.
01-13-2014, 11:04 AM,
No kidding Stephanie, talk about nightmares everyone everywhere following around behind you while you try to search?
Shhh they aren't listening.
01-13-2014, 12:21 PM,
You should give it a try cause might as well have fun doing it and maybe you can get to pay for a trip
01-13-2014, 12:28 PM,
They wouldn't be very smart to follow me with my track record, but that is a good reason too.
01-13-2014, 12:38 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from will197532 on January 13, 2014, 12:21 pm</b>

You should give it a try cause might as well have fun doing it and maybe you can get to pay for a trip
</div>

I came close this last time for that reason, but changed my mind. I know another searcher who does a lot of media stuff who said they take them where they don't believe it is. I thought that was a neat idea...but I just would feel odd about that I guess. I think even if it were my old spots. Then on the flip side, I don't think I'd want them to see me find it in what I think would be a viable spot either in case there were title issues or tax issues, etc. So I think I do better just saving up for the trips. Maybe if they come calling again, you should consider it Will.