Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsuccessful Locations List
01-12-2014, 09:37 PM,
As far as people giving out there information, ..........who am I to judge? :-)

I'll take it.

01-13-2014, 03:41 AM,
Cool Nora. Yes, I've been asked a bunch about doing stuff like that, but always turn it down.
01-13-2014, 09:41 AM,
@Steph Have you herd about the reality shows that they have been trying to recruit fellow searchers, Wonder if they tried to recruit you and have you thought about doing one?
01-13-2014, 10:42 AM,
Yeah I've talked to a few of them. They were asking me to find people and I forwarded them a few of the regular searchers. They all did have an interest in me possibly being involved in them just because I've been around a while I guess, but I just want my focus to be about the chest and it's easier for me behind a keyboard than in front of a camera.
01-13-2014, 11:04 AM,
No kidding Stephanie, talk about nightmares everyone everywhere following around behind you while you try to search?
Shhh they aren't listening.
01-13-2014, 12:21 PM,
You should give it a try cause might as well have fun doing it and maybe you can get to pay for a trip
01-13-2014, 12:28 PM,
They wouldn't be very smart to follow me with my track record, but that is a good reason too.
01-13-2014, 12:38 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from will197532 on January 13, 2014, 12:21 pm</b>

You should give it a try cause might as well have fun doing it and maybe you can get to pay for a trip
</div>

I came close this last time for that reason, but changed my mind. I know another searcher who does a lot of media stuff who said they take them where they don't believe it is. I thought that was a neat idea...but I just would feel odd about that I guess. I think even if it were my old spots. Then on the flip side, I don't think I'd want them to see me find it in what I think would be a viable spot either in case there were title issues or tax issues, etc. So I think I do better just saving up for the trips. Maybe if they come calling again, you should consider it Will.
01-13-2014, 12:59 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on January 13, 2014, 10:42 am</b>

Yeah I've talked to a few of them. They were asking me to find people and I forwarded them a few of the regular searchers. They all did have an interest in me possibly being involved in them just because I've been around a while I guess, but I just want my focus to be about the chest and it's easier for me behind a keyboard than in front of a camera.
</div>

Stephanie,

I personally think it would be a lot of fun. I'm usually pretty confidential and like to stay in the shadows, but there is a little more involved here than just jaunt with some NBC producer or an interview. I think it could be rewarding in a few ways. ---Possibly inspiring others, educating, and entertaining. Keeping the dream alive. And of course monetarily, it's not like one wouldn't be getting paid; but getting something for doing what we are already doing and love to do; it takes funding to do this as much as I do, and a little more sure won't hurt and might just be enough to cover future expenses, for who knows how long this shall last?

......but don't worry, I wouldn't take anyone where I think it is or haven't been. :-) I will leave finding the chest in private to all of you, or possibly me. It will probably be a combination of both though. We will see. There are plenty of places to search that can be inspiring, educational and get people excited about what we are doing here and perhaps give people some idea!! It will probably be just laid back and just fun to watch, at least that's what I'm hoping. No crazy crap or a bunch of nut jobs, at least not on my end!! :-) I've spent a lot of time talking and in person to the producer and he seems on the up and up and to be authentic. It is supposed to be unscripted, another reason I am partial to it. I would like it to be something that represents us well, and if it ever falls from that or isn't fun for me anymore, then I'll be done with it. ---But we shall see. I know I'm in the top 10 right now, out of hundreds selected, but if it happens it happens, if not, I'm still going to get that chest. :-)

So, I was wondering, if I do get selected?, would it be alright if I posted a thread, just temporary, and see if another searcher would like to be my partner in The Show? --- It will be in the spring or early summer. I know I will probably receive a good flogging for it and I know how a lot of you feel about it, and that's ok because that's mostly the way I feel about it too, but maybe I make a difference somehow--- probably not. :-) and maybe, perhaps, there is someone else that might want to do it? I have come to know, through your words, some of you, your stories and how you feel about things, and what you enjoy doing, and OUR connection we all share and it's been not only because of the Treasure Hunt, but mainly because of this site. :-) Like I said though, I don't know if I will be selected to do this, so we shall see. Just something to think about? So I thought I would go ahead and ask. Well, I'd better get back to work, or I will be looking for a job instead of searching for the chest. See ya!!

........I'll check back in later.

01-13-2014, 03:22 PM,
Stephanie, I was talking about the public at large knowing your face while out in the mountains. A show about treasure is bound to attract people who are less than honest and looking to shortcut the process of investing their own time and effort into finding it. There are some people who are ok with stealing from others, lying and basically trying to screw everyone around. Its worth remembering.
Shhh they aren't listening.