Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the blaze doesn't face north,south,east, or west...
11-04-2017, 07:48 PM,
then Fenn has to be talking about a mountain because it doesn't face in any direction.

And, if it's not feasible to move the blaze, then it can be done. A mountain can be moved or taken down or lowered....lots of money to do it though. I guess that's where the not feasible comes in, who would want to do it?

Blaze = AFP
11-04-2017, 07:55 PM,
RE: If the blaze doesn't face north,south,east, or west...
Or the sun is the blaze with an obvious double meaning.
11-04-2017, 08:10 PM,
Circle objects doesn’t have a direction of degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-04-2017, 08:55 PM,
So it doesn’t have to be a mountain.
-.-..The keeper of the key
11-04-2017, 08:57 PM,
That's a good thing to check off....and if it's not feasible to move.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
11-04-2017, 08:59 PM,
Which way is a ball of yarn facing? Like the one Forrest is missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-04-2017, 09:30 PM,
To me the only direction for the blaze is up.
http://titletothegold.com/home/

11-05-2017, 12:36 AM,
(11-04-2017, 08:55 PM)fundamental design Wrote: So it doesn’t have to be a mountain.

I suppose that one could argue the point that if you are on top of anything or walk around in a circle, that circle or the thing that you are standing on, no longer is facing anything.

But, it's the "not feasible" part that set my "dar" off, why would Fenn say something like that? You can do it, but it wouldn't be practical, which moving a whole mountain wouldn't be, unless there was something of value underneath it like Gold, Silver, Uranium, etc.

Fenn said that the mountains are his church....and I truly believe that the area around Angel Fire has enough history (which Fenn loves) and beauty and cool running water coming out of the Fire of the Gods (AFP) that it's the place where he intended to rest his bones....I've been to that spot (clearing), and if I had a choice, I would want to do the same thing there, rest my bones, it was certainly a unique terrace up there at the 9,800 ft. mark with two small but moving streams of water just about 40 feet apart from each other, woods all around, off of the beaten path to a point, a very interesting place.

I now believe that the chest is located near one of the two springs coming out of AFP, in a crevice of some sort....too bad I only had my mind set on the small pool that one of the streams ran into and nothing else. And, that terrace full of mud at the time I was there scared the hell out of me because I wasn't expecting it....two streams running into that one foot depression making mud out of the dirt that was there, and Ivy carpeting it all plus my search pool. If I had only thought about the 2 openings where the springs came out of, I could have looped around where I first went in around the muddy terrace without having to go through it again....remember, I fell in the mud, so I wasn't going to do that again because then I would have been the one to die there, and not Fenn, and I had nothing but two bits in my pockets. And, where I first came into that clearing is where both springs started, I just had to look for them, but on solid ground, not muddy ground. What a dope I am. Somewhere down the line I might make another trip just to check out the origins of the 2 springs and check within a 24 feet radius around both. All along it could have been in the mud and I walked right passed it or fell right next to it. He said that it wasn't in water, and nothing about it not being in mud. A very unique place, that's for sure. The terrace full of mud is what made that place different, and it took up about half of the clearing, the rest was solid hard dirt in that clearing.
11-05-2017, 06:33 AM,
Fenn gives ambiguous answers to most chase-related questions. That's why I spend most of my time trying to figure out the poem. The blaze could be anything natural or manmade. A nuclear bomb might destroy it but not feasible to try (for most).
11-05-2017, 07:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 07:23 PM by fundamental design.)
(11-05-2017, 12:36 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 08:55 PM)fundamental design Wrote: So it doesn’t have to be a mountain.

I suppose that one could argue the point that if you are on top of anything or walk around in a circle, that circle or the thing that you are standing on, no longer is facing anything.

Will said upthread that circle objects don’t have a particular direction that they are pointing. This is still different, I think, than what you describe here. Try to think of a circle, or spherical object, out in the Rockies. If you can think of one then the blaze doesn’t have to be a mountain.

One idea I thought of from Will’s post...all types of utility poles out there, some with a cross member on top and some without. Which direction do those point?
-.-..The keeper of the key

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest doesn't want you to find it debbiedowner 17 2,549 08-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Last Post: OjoDude
  PTSD-Face your fears The Count 20 1,785 08-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Itchy Ideas
  east portal Chris Yates 8 1,028 04-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  Sad face Itchy Ideas 4 573 03-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Itchy Ideas
  A date doesn't smell right DeeepThnkr 18 4,077 12-22-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  9 Clues, 9 Sentences or it doesn't matter Indy 6 2,145 08-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: ithinkudo2