Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the blaze doesn't face north,south,east, or west...
11-05-2017, 02:50 PM,
RE: If the blaze doesn't face north,south,east, or west...
(11-05-2017, 02:14 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: And, And, if we all think that it is some kind of picture/image/writing on a rock, wall, or on a tree or wood of some kind, then it must be facing something, right? (direction)

But, Fenn said that it was a single object, like standing alone by itself, and it wouldn't be practical to move it.....hmmm?

I guess that it could be a pile of rocks in a circle, but why wouldn't they be feasible to move, like it would take too much effort/money to do it.

The edges of a volcanic crater would be "round" and difficult to move. There are other examples. Also, you don't have the Fenn quote about a single object completely correct (although you seem to understand his meaning). Most of my blazes have not had writing on them,especially large rock formations that look like a "cairn" blaze (many very large boulders stacked on top of each other -- or a weathered outcropping that looks like many large boulders stacked) or, alternatively, a large thumb.

A more or less permanent memorial (Veteran's Memorial in Angel Fire, or the Washington Monument in Washington, D.C.) could be a blaze and does not necessarily point in a direction. They would be difficult to move. [Note: I mention Washington Monument in case it casts a shadow on a particular name of Brown or a person mentioned in TTOTC on the Vietnam Memorial Wall next to it.]
11-05-2017, 02:51 PM,
(11-05-2017, 12:47 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: So, why wouldn't a blaze be practical to move? And, if it is an actual blaze, I imagine that it wouldn't be facing any direction.

All I'm saying is that I don't believe that the blaze is burning fire....what kind of fire would be burning for 7 years? It isn't facing anything according to Fenn, so I believe that it is an object that is round like a mountain.

Can it be seen in the daytime? Yes..f
Is it a single object? Yes..f

But the actual quote is, in a word, yes.
So in an example such as a monument it may be several parts but the word monument makes it a single object.
11-05-2017, 03:42 PM,
(11-05-2017, 02:14 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: And, And, if we all think that it is some kind of picture/image/writing on a rock, wall, or on a tree or wood of some kind, then it must be facing something, right? (direction)

But, Fenn said that it was a single object, like standing alone by itself, and it wouldn't be practical to move it.....hmmm?

I guess that it could be a pile of rocks in a circle, but why wouldn't they be feasible to move, like it would take too much effort/money to do it.

GL, you keep stating “Fenn said it was a single object” but he didn’t answer “Yes” to that question. He answered, “In a word, yes”. There is a reason he answered this way.

If using the correct word, the blaze can be referred to as a single object but his definition and our usage needs to go beyond that and you can only determine the true meaning once you put BOTG. That’s why you’ve “been wise and found the blaze.” It’s also why he refused to answer the question of whether the blaze could be determined from the poem before putting BOTG.

The clues will lead you to the blaze but you won’t understand how the blaze helps you find the chest until you’ve seen it. Since the blaze helps you locate the chest and the chest is near the blaze, you just need to find the blaze—which is hard to miss once you’ve found HOB. Remember his statement that once you find the blaze, the distance to the treasure will be obvious?

Headed out soon; wish me luck.
11-05-2017, 03:57 PM,
(11-05-2017, 03:42 PM)Sourdough Wrote: Headed out soon; wish me luck.

Best of luck, and stay safe!
11-05-2017, 04:42 PM,
The earth does have a direction because of its spin axis: true north.

Mr. Fenn,
Which direction does the Blaze face? North, South, East or West? Curious. Foxy

I didn’t take a radial off of the blaze Foxy. I’m thinking it may not be any of those directions. f

He could just be being cagey, it could face in one of those directions and he still isn't lying.
11-05-2017, 06:09 PM,
(11-05-2017, 03:42 PM)Sourdough Wrote:

GL, you keep stating “Fenn said it was a single object” but he didn’t answer “Yes” to that question. He answered, “In a word, yes”. There is a reason he answered this way.

If using the correct word, the blaze can be referred to as a single object but his definition and our usage needs to go beyond that and you can only determine the true meaning once you put BOTG. That’s why you’ve “been wise and found the blaze.” It’s also why he refused to answer the question of whether the blaze could be determined from the poem before putting BOTG.

The clues will lead you to the blaze but you won’t understand how the blaze helps you find the chest until you’ve seen it. Since the blaze helps you locate the chest and the chest is near the blaze, you just need to find the blaze—which is hard to miss once you’ve found HOB. Remember his statement that once you find the blaze, the distance to the treasure will be obvious?

The Flyers Monument faces NW and is read facing SE, you cant read it from 12' away. The stones are painted white and the plaque is cold Bronze. Nobody knows it is there, it has been forgotten by time. The few that know it is there don't know it's significance. The Monument is split between Heavy Loads and Water High, its half between the two, thus you have been wise (splitting between the two)like Solomon. The treasure is buried there at the precise point at your feet when you read the Blaze and realize the meaning it may have to Forrest. But, then you realize that he said the treasure isn't related to a structure so you go home with nothing but a vacation.

The 2011 google earth image of the location with a 17' blue X gave you confidence but all of Fenns comments have to fit the treasure location.
11-05-2017, 07:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 07:31 PM by fundamental design.)
(11-05-2017, 06:09 PM)ChasingScant Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 03:42 PM)Sourdough Wrote:

The Flyers Monument faces NW and is read facing SE, you cant read it from 12' away. The stones are painted white and the plaque is cold Bronze. Nobody knows it is there, it has been forgotten by time. The few that know it is there don't know it's significance. The Monument is split between Heavy Loads and Water High, its half between the two, thus you have been wise (splitting between the two)like Solomon. The treasure is buried there at the precise point at your feet when you read the Blaze and realize the meaning it may have to Forrest. But, then you realize that he said the treasure isn't related to a structure so you go home with nothing but a vacation.

The 2011 google earth image of the location with a 17' blue X gave you confidence but all of Fenns comments have to fit the treasure location.

Where is the Flyers Monument?
-.-..The keeper of the key
11-05-2017, 07:33 PM,
The earth being round and spinning on its axis doesn’t point a direction.
A compass being its own device points true north

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-05-2017, 07:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 07:37 PM by John Brown.)
(11-05-2017, 08:33 AM)OH! Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 08:10 PM)will197532 Wrote: Circle objects doesn’t have a direction of degrees

Huh? Isn't the world round? And last time I heard, north was up. A ball of yarn has a direction no matter where it's at.

I remember when I had a class full of Texas college students. Our class room had a north-facing window. I asked them which way north was and they all pointed skywards. It hadn't occurred to me that an entire class could think north was up. I thought they would point north out the freaking window. We were in Texas though, so there's that to consider.

(11-05-2017, 07:33 PM)will197532 Wrote: The earth being round and spinning on its axis doesn’t point a direction.
A compass being its own device points true north

Earth's angular momentum vector, being a vector, does indeed have a direction. A compass does not point true north. It points to magnetic north. The relationship between true north and magnetic north varies with time and location on the globe. Thus Forrest put the magnetic declination lines on the map in TFTW.
11-05-2017, 07:47 PM,
John you just made me understand true north(ok cc class... don't laugh).

So my question is.....how does true north change in a day....year...thousand years....when does north become south?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest doesn't want you to find it debbiedowner 17 2,507 08-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Last Post: OjoDude
  PTSD-Face your fears The Count 20 1,743 08-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Itchy Ideas
  east portal Chris Yates 8 1,024 04-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  Sad face Itchy Ideas 4 571 03-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Itchy Ideas
  A date doesn't smell right DeeepThnkr 18 4,049 12-22-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  9 Clues, 9 Sentences or it doesn't matter Indy 6 2,131 08-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: ithinkudo2