Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If the blaze doesn't face north,south,east, or west...
11-05-2017, 08:32 PM,
RE: If the blaze doesn't face north,south,east, or west...
(11-05-2017, 07:47 PM)admin Wrote: John you just made me understand true north(ok cc class... don't laugh).

So my question is.....how does true north change in a day....year...thousand years....when does north become south?

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Every 200,000-300,000 years but it has been more than twice that long since the last time. It happens over hundreds or thousands of years.

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/featur...ersal.html
11-05-2017, 08:40 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 09:12 PM by Beavertooth.)
(11-05-2017, 07:47 PM)admin Wrote: So my question is.....how does true north change in a day....year...thousand years....when does north become south?

Geophysicists expect a reversal of north and south magnetic poles in a few thousand years. ("soon"). Apparently this happens every 500,000 years or so, and we are now due for a change.

In any given year, the magnetic pole shifts by about ten miles. The flip, however, is more of a fade out of the old pole, followed by a fade in of the reverse pole.

For more info, see:

https://www.physics.org/facts/frog-magnetic-field.asp

Montana's airway beacons also qualify as blazes and do not have a direction per se:
"Night-time Lighted Airway Beacons
The night-time lighted airway beacon system is unique to the state of Montana. In the 1920s and 1930s, radio navigation for aircraft was virtually non-existent. Instead, early pilots relied upon a system of federally operated lighted airway beacons. Some of these beacons were quite literally bonfires, lighted and stoked by hardy patrons. Electronic bulbs later replaced the bonfires, lighting airway corridors across mountains and plains for pilots to follow at night and during inclement weather. As technology improved, airway beacons became a thing of the past. The Aeronautics Division continues to maintain the MacDonald Pass, Spokane and Strawberry beacons. These 3 beacons, along with the airport beacons at the Helena, Townsend and Bozeman airports, will provide nostalgic aviators the opportunity to experience a segment of the historic Northern Transcontinental Airway Route and Montana will keep its place in history as the only state in the nation to maintain any navigable segment of the airway beacon system."

On the other hand, the series of giant concrete arrows used by early aviators to navigate across the country still exist, and could be blazes, but they do point in specific directions. If you don't assume the arrow head direction itself is meaningful, you could say the entire arrowhead is the blaze, and you should look quickly down from there.
11-05-2017, 09:22 PM,
(11-05-2017, 07:47 PM)admin Wrote: John you just made me understand true north(ok cc class... don't laugh).

So my question is.....how does true north change in a day....year...thousand years....when does north become south?

For your life you can forget about pole flips. Pole flips take a long time (100's-1000's of years). The location of the north magnetic pole moves around a good bit all the time though. Here is what wikipedia says about it.

The North Magnetic Pole moves over time due to magnetic changes in the Earth's core.[1] In 2001, it was determined by the Geological Survey of Canada to lie west of Ellesmere Island in northern Canada at 81.3°N 110.8°W. It was situated at 83.1°N 117.8°W in 2005. In 2009, while still situated within the Canadian Arctic territorial claim at 84.9°N 131.0°W,[2] it was moving toward Russia at between 55 and 60 kilometres (34 and 37 mi) per year.[3] As of 2017, the pole is projected to have moved beyond the Canadian Arctic territorial claim to 86.5°N 172.6°W.[2]
11-05-2017, 09:39 PM,
(11-05-2017, 09:13 AM)will197532 Wrote:
(11-05-2017, 08:33 AM)OH! Wrote:
(11-04-2017, 08:10 PM)will197532 Wrote: Circle objects doesn’t have a direction of degrees

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh? Isn't the world round? And last time I heard, north was up. A ball of yarn has a direction no matter where it's at.

Magnetic poles points up but the face of the earth doesn’t point in a direction. The magnetic poles has two directions, north pulls and south pushes that create a negative and positive effect. This process protects the earth from solar winds, radiation and charged particles.

Forrest references Native American art and just like a Indian jar, pot or vase which direction can you tell it’s pointing?
[Image: ea5dc4ab548c989f5cdd60af73221f38.jpg]

I'm no expert but at a first glance, I would say the Art design on the pot give me a Northern direction, winter or possibly late fall is also what I see at first glance. Is any available to see if this is a correct? I am only referring to the pottery.

11-05-2017, 11:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-05-2017, 11:26 PM by Gordon Lightfoot.)
Forrest Fenn had a plan, he brought the blaze in to confuse all of us. I think that it's a volcanic mountain, others think that it's an actual flame, others think that the blaze represents a pile of rocks, while others writings/markings on a tree or piece of wood. Remember, Fenn said that it is nothing man made, and would last for over 1,000 years, 10,000 years....now, which way of thinking above would satisfy what Fenn said about the blaze?

That's why I firmly believe that it is AFP (11,100 ft)....warms waters halt there (the monsoons from 3 different bodies of water), there are many canyons that go downward from the top of it, it is the home of Brown since it did provide the area especially Moreno Valley with it's brown dirt on the southern half of the Valley (I researched it, boy did I research it, and was blown away by my findings...that's is what Fenn wanted us to do, analyze), 2 springs coming out at exactly the same point 40 feet apart at 9,800 feet, a terrace full of mud (heavy loads? or the mountain itself), water high (the springs provide cool water for Aqua Fria Lake below full of trout, no paddle up your creek is speaking of the 2 springs themselves (there is no way you can paddle up a stream that is lying underneath a mountain), and the blaze itself represents the mountain itself (because it's volcanic, and was giving the name "Fire of the God's by the Ute's in the area back in the 1800s, Kit Carson (probably well known by Fenn) later claiming that it was the sun at dawn and dusk that made the mountain (AFP) look like it was on fire (glow)...and you know that Fenn probably ate that story up because it's a part of American history). The terrace up there truly made it a unique place, half mud and half soiled brown dirt.

So, in my opinion WWWH, Brown, heavy loads, and the blaze are all referring to the same place....and that's where Fenn wanted to trip all of us up.

And also, let's not forget that Fenn told us all not to discount any word in the poem, it's all meat, not just portions of it which means that there are also hints such as New and Old, which to me means, NM.
If you believe that New Mexico is the place where WWWH can be found, then you are more than halfway there, because you have just eliminated 3 states.
11-06-2017, 12:55 AM,
Interesting discussion. Early on I questioned if north ever stops. I told him that north of Santa Fe could be south of santa Fe since the earth(big ball of string) is round. That might have been when I searched jemez.

11-06-2017, 09:37 AM,
(11-05-2017, 11:25 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: Forrest Fenn had a plan, he brought the blaze in to confuse all of us. I think that it's a volcanic mountain, others think that it's an actual flame, others think that the blaze represents a pile of rocks, while others writings/markings on a tree or piece of wood. Remember, Fenn said that it is nothing man made, and would last for over 1,000 years, 10,000 years....now, which way of thinking above would satisfy what Fenn said about the blaze?

That's why I firmly believe that it is AFP (11,100 ft)....warms waters halt there (the monsoons from 3 different bodies of water), there are many canyons that go downward from the top of it, it is the home of Brown since it did provide the area especially Moreno Valley with it's brown dirt on the southern half of the Valley (I researched it, boy did I research it, and was blown away by my findings...that's is what Fenn wanted us to do, analyze), 2 springs coming out at exactly the same point 40 feet apart at 9,800 feet, a terrace full of mud (heavy loads? or the mountain itself), water high (the springs provide cool water for Aqua Fria Lake below full of trout, no paddle up your creek is speaking of the 2 springs themselves (there is no way you can paddle up a stream that is lying underneath a mountain), and the blaze itself represents the mountain itself (because it's volcanic, and was giving the name "Fire of the God's by the Ute's in the area back in the 1800s, Kit Carson (probably well known by Fenn) later claiming that it was the sun at dawn and dusk that made the mountain (AFP) look like it was on fire (glow)...and you know that Fenn probably ate that story up because it's a part of American history). The terrace up there truly made it a unique place, half mud and half soiled brown dirt.

So, in my opinion WWWH, Brown, heavy loads, and the blaze are all referring to the same place....and that's where Fenn wanted to trip all of us up.

And also, let's not forget that Fenn told us all not to discount any word in the poem, it's all meat, not just portions of it which means that there are also hints such as New and Old, which to me means, NM.
If you believe that New Mexico is the place where WWWH can be found, then you are more than halfway there, because you have just eliminated 3 states.

I having trouble recalling where f said this according to you- ”Remember, Fenn said that it is nothing man made”...

Can you please provide a link to where f said this or are you paraphrasing?
-.-..The keeper of the key
11-06-2017, 11:03 AM,
He said not associated with a structure. That should tell you all you need to know about Gordo.
11-06-2017, 11:37 AM,
(11-06-2017, 11:03 AM)Buddy Allen Wrote: He said not associated with a structure. That should tell you all you need to know about Gordo.

Thank you, Buddy.....

There you go, fd, Fenn said that it's all nature, no man's hands has touched anything as far as the clues go. I don't know about the hints though.
11-06-2017, 11:50 AM,
(11-06-2017, 11:37 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 11:03 AM)Buddy Allen Wrote: He said not associated with a structure. That should tell you all you need to know about Gordo.

Thank you, Buddy.....

There you go, fd, Fenn said that it's all nature, no man's hands has touched anything as far as the clues go. I don't know about the hints though.

I think that you are still wrong. That only has to do with the hiding place. We do not know if that means all nine clues. IMHO it does not, but I do not believe he has said. I have tried to ask him several times but never got an answer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest doesn't want you to find it debbiedowner 17 2,507 08-09-2017, 11:40 AM
Last Post: OjoDude
  PTSD-Face your fears The Count 20 1,743 08-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Itchy Ideas
  east portal Chris Yates 8 1,024 04-17-2017, 09:17 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  Sad face Itchy Ideas 4 571 03-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Itchy Ideas
  A date doesn't smell right DeeepThnkr 18 4,049 12-22-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  9 Clues, 9 Sentences or it doesn't matter Indy 6 2,131 08-21-2016, 04:17 PM
Last Post: ithinkudo2