Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection
01-16-2014, 02:42 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from clinger on January 18, 2014, 12:51 pm</b>

Isn't 42 also the answer to life, the universe, and everything according to Adams? It's been a long time since I read HHGTTU.
</div>

Yes but then the question of what the question is arose. The mice put forth a fraudulent answer of "How many roads must a man walk down." (Fenn's answer to that is "Just one."). Then the earth was constructed to figure out what the question was but it was destroyed for the intergalactic throughway before it had finished computing the answer (the question.)
There it was all the time, staring you in the face. Buried within the message itself is the key to decoding it. ~ S.R. Hadden
01-16-2014, 03:38 AM,
the recognition of this chapter title/poem connection pattern may have been devised by f to hide a message

remove that which is tied to MWFM and look at the left over letters

I think the logical approach would be, since the pattern emerges from keying M’s, then throw out the M’s and do it like this…

First we are to Discard or ignore the entire words related to the title MWFM of course

Ho(me), discard the ‘me’ and HO is left over

(Me)ek, discard the ‘me’ and EK is left over

‘Marvel’, throw out M, ARVEL is left over

‘Must’, throw out M, UST is left over

Visually you can look at the pic I posted and see that I am basically using all letters in ‘M’ words not circled in purple

The letters then we have, in the order they came out of the poem are

HO EK ARVEL UST

Starting with the last letter we can select in reverse consecutive order … T A K E

HO (E) (K) (A) RVEL US (T)

With the remaing letters, we again select in reverse order U R

HO ®VEL (U)S

Lastly, take the end letter and put it in the front

HO VEL S becomes SHOVEL

TAKE UR SHOVEL

I guess it is buried after all .... :o

There it was all the time, staring you in the face. Buried within the message itself is the key to decoding it. ~ S.R. Hadden
01-16-2014, 06:42 AM,
Interesting, Chris. Clever word play. I like it. Though it still could be just Hidden.
01-16-2014, 07:28 AM,
So Fenn had written the the poem by 2006?

EDIT: previously typed: written the <i>book</i> by 2006
01-16-2014, 07:58 AM,
Chris Yates I know you like a play on words but have you looked at the key words in the first and last stanza and I think everyone agrees that these two stanza talks about the location of the chest but COLD and NEW and OLD and BOLD. My research doesn't go in this direction but others might find this to help them
01-16-2014, 08:59 AM,
I may be off about this, but didnt FF say you wont need any tools at one point?

Or maybe he meant like these tools.........

[Image: tmiw-douche-bag.jpg]
01-16-2014, 10:37 AM,

<b>Quote from Chris Yates on January 16, 2014, 3:38 am</b>

the recognition of this chapter title/poem connection pattern may have been devised by f to hide a message

remove that which is tied to MWFM and look at the left over letters

I think the logical approach would be, since the pattern emerges from keying M’s, then throw out the M’s and do it like this…

First we are to Discard or ignore the entire words related to the title MWFM of course

Ho(me), discard the ‘me’ and HO is left over

(Me)ek, discard the ‘me’ and EK is left over

‘Marvel’, throw out M, ARVEL is left over

‘Must’, throw out M, UST is left over

Visually you can look at the pic I posted and see that I am basically using all letters in ‘M’ words not circled in purple

The letters then we have, in the order they came out of the poem are

HO EK ARVEL UST

Starting with the last letter we can select in reverse consecutive order … T A K E

HO (E) (K) (A) RVEL US (T)

With the remaing letters, we again select in reverse order U R

HO ®VEL (U)S

Lastly, take the end letter and put it in the front

HO VEL S becomes SHOVEL

TAKE UR SHOVEL

I guess it is buried after all .... :o
</div>

does anyone else just want to put Chrisyates brain in a CAT Scan and watch the little hamster spinning the wire wheel at 200 miles an hour? Chris you should give your brain to science, neurologist could study it and see if you're the next step on the human evolutionary scale.
01-16-2014, 03:48 PM,
I really hate this idea because if it is true I can throw all my research out the window. But when taken with what FF has said about the poem it is logical.

Read the poem slowly 9 or 10 times then read the book looking for hints to solve the clues - ff

So the book could have a code in it and when that is discovered it shows how to decode the poem.

It makes sense with ff being the trickster he is... he shows a tree with a blaze on it in his backyard so we all grab our maps and look for blazes. What if the blaze is a message hidden in the poem. WWWH and HOB may not be physical locations at all.
01-16-2014, 04:16 PM,
It would not be Impossible, but would be very difficult. Maybe this is a reason it took some 15 years to fine tune the poem.

My only problem is the statement... all you need is the poem. If the book holds the key or the "answers", then that statement is very misleading.

Looking at the poem, One could ask, why is answer plural; more than one. So are we to look at the poem as locations? or look at the poem as answers? and what are the real questions?

01-16-2014, 04:59 PM,

<b>Quote from John Brown on January 16, 2014, 7:28 am</b>

So Fenn had written the the poem by 2006?

EDIT: previously typed: written the <i>book</i> by 2006
</div>

Forrest said he had the poem written well before 2006. when did he have it ultimately finalized with no further adjustments? i don't know, he has never given that info.

and it is possible he made some more adjustments to the poem after 2006 that didn't affect the placing and spelling of words related to MWFM in the poem