Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection
01-16-2014, 05:06 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Sleeper on January 16, 2014, 8:59 am</b>

I may be off about this, but didnt FF say you wont need any tools at one point?

Or maybe he meant like these tools.........

</div>

all i can say is i couldn't disagree more about the tools. there are so many things related to this that people have applied a serious meaning to, and it is just wrong, it is a mistake. when the chest is eventually found, you will see.

i know all about where the tools concept comes from, and there is no way that Fenn was really telling that guy you wouldn't need a toll like a shovel. that isn't what he meant if he was even the one who really wrote that guy a poem. and if he did, he was only telling a guy a poem, that was it. to try to take some serious meaning out of it, like tale a flashlight and a sandwich is a BIG mistake.

i know that for some reason Steph is really convinced about this, and i cant understand why

the poem and the book, that is it. there are the clues. and Fenn has made statements to insure he can fall back on that he made it clear any serious searcher will only trust and look to the book for clues and information related to the treasure.

anything outside that, may or may not be trusted, you need to use your judgement and understand you are taking chances if oyu want to come to arbitrary conclusions

01-16-2014, 05:14 PM,

<b>Quote from mdc777 on January 16, 2014, 3:48 pm</b>

I really hate this idea because if it is true I can throw all my research out the window. But when taken with what FF has said about the poem it is logical.

Read the poem slowly 9 or 10 times then read the book looking for hints to solve the clues - ff

So the book could have a code in it and when that is discovered it shows how to decode the poem.

It makes sense with ff being the trickster he is... he shows a tree with a blaze on it in his backyard so we all grab our maps and look for blazes. What if the blaze is a message hidden in the poem. WWWH and HOB may not be physical locations at all.
</div>

i think you are thinking about this wrong

if i am understanding you correctly, this shouldn't change or dissuade your approach at all

this is a separate hidden message placed in, somewhat helpful, but kind of like an easter egg also, if it is even something put in by F, which i dont know for sure

it is completely separate from the actual clue pattern, solving WWH and canyon down, understanding stanza 3, finding the blaze, understanding how this leads one to the chest, and other clues in other stanzas you can tie into it

let me put it this way, like f says, if this were a legitimate hint, and intentionally placed, it certainly doesn't lead to the chest, so it wouldnt be a real clue by f's own definition

that being said, though, maybe not a real clue, but i think likely this is a message he put in

01-16-2014, 05:54 PM,

<b>Quote from will197532 on January 16, 2014, 7:58 am</b>

Chris Yates I know you like a play on words but have you looked at the key words in the first and last stanza and I think everyone agrees that these two stanza talks about the location of the chest but COLD and NEW and OLD and BOLD. My research doesn't go in this direction but others might find this to help them
</div>

the first stanza is key, and the line hint of riches new and old is telling something important

that the poem has 166 words is a subtle hint

when you solve WWH and canyon down, you have degrees and minutes but not seconds. stanza 4 leads you in a general sense to the landing zone, but w/o confirmation of the precise coordinates it is very difficult

this is in a basic nutshell sense the path of the poem. leads you there stanzas 2 thru 4, then the poem is layered with addt'l hints of 'new' and 'old' for precision

'old' is old style coordinates, minutes and seconds of a clock. 'new' is new style, decimal seconds, and decimal.

the 166 of the poem is more specifically pointing towards seconds and decimal seconds. 10 seconds is 0.166 and 1 second is 0.0166

so the poem has encoded layers pointing towards the exact coordinates in both these forms, hint of riches new and old. when you uncover the numbers, you have to separate and find the pattern, which are 'old' and which are 'new'.

imo, of course 8-)

01-16-2014, 06:14 PM,
Golly, you must have lots of free time on your hands. :-)
01-16-2014, 07:04 PM,
One thing I have learned was im glad I have did all my research before ever reading any blogs cause I would be so lost right now.
01-16-2014, 07:10 PM,

<b>Quote from will197532 on January 16, 2014, 7:04 pm</b>

One thing I have learned was im glad I have did all my research before ever reading any blogs cause I would be so lost right now.
</div>

I like seeing the crazy solutions. The person who thought a 36-inch-long bath tub was a clue for latitude was very clever, and she or he deserves applause.

P.S. I am very sick, and not up to replying to your email yet.

01-16-2014, 07:20 PM,
Buddy you get better after the fall. You might have to look at a problem in a crazy way to solve it sometimes but if someone was just starting to look for Mr Fenn treasure for the first time I would suggest them not to read blogs until they form a opion first then fine tune it with the blogs.
01-16-2014, 08:09 PM,
Chris, I can't help but believe you are really over-thinking things.

mdavis19
01-16-2014, 08:38 PM,

<b>Quote from Desertphile on January 16, 2014, 7:10 pm</b>

I like seeing the crazy solutions. The person who thought a 36-inch-long bath tub was a clue for latitude was very clever, and she or he deserves applause.

</div>

i agree that was clever to recgnize the subtle hint there

altho i believe that is not the correct application, the 36 inches is talking about the 36 inches the chest has been buried under the ground

as with all hints i have found there will be confirmations.

one is the story in MWFM where it says he was 18 inches above the ground and then right after it mentions 18 again, the number of days from the last time he was separated prematurely from the plane

the 18 inches above the ground, the hidden meaning is the opposite, below the ground, not above. also 18 is mentioned again right after beccause it is meaning 18+18=36 inches

it has been discussed on the blog before the inaccuracy of both references to 18 here before, i dont recall the 18 inches one, but the 18 days is documented as incorrect and F has acknowledged it

so point being the 18 was placed in twice as intentional mistakes relating to a hint

the other confirmation is where he specifically mentions three feet, equiv to 36 inches, that he is or did bury the bronze items

there is also an addtl confirmation hint in the poem

i am not going to spell that one out, will keep it mostly under the vest for now , (and i am not talking about the keep ur shovel thing here)

but i will give this much info out about what i found

Stanza 4 is the only one that specifically spells out, we are going to the chest

the basic 4 step outline would be

step 1) finding of the blaze

step 2) look down from the blaze to see the actual spot where the chest is, and you go there

step 3) (will skip #3 for now)

step 4) you now see the chest, it has been uncovered, so just take it and go

the in between step here, and the line that has the oddest language, difficult to ascertain is line 3

whatever it is, logically it is something you did after going to the spot, but before taking the chest

if there is something you are doing, you need to do, to uncover the spot or dig up the chest, this is it, this is where you would be doing it, perhaps there is a hidden meaning telling you what to do

sorry for that long explanation, but here in this line is the hint that tells me 36 inches buried

01-16-2014, 08:47 PM,
I personally wouldn't call it over thinking. If we are to believe FF when he states... he work hard on the poem, and it took 15 years of changes to get the poem correct. you would have to ask why so long.

Did he have to teach himself something he may have not know or was not well adapted to. Did he need to change the book design to work with the poem. did he have to wait that long for testing the area [ as some suggested about being found accidentally]. Did he need to refine the poem because the information is so difficult that one small error would sent a searcher miles off track. Or maybe he is just playing and the poem and book didn't take all that long, but waited for the right time in his life [ for whatever reason ] to hide it. 15 years is a very long time to work on anything and perfect it.