Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MWFM possible poem/book chapter title connection
01-16-2014, 09:37 PM,
"so the poem has encoded layers pointing towards the exact coordinates"

I agree Chris but we are going about deriving and ordering the coordinates very differently. Regarding the approach of confirming hints in the book didn't FF say that the subtle hints in the text of the book were not intentionally placed? I take anything FF says with a grain of salt and maybe he never said even said this? (Can anyone confirm this quote?) But your theory seems to be based on a heck of a lot of intentional placement of hints on FF's part and would seem to run counter to this statement.
01-16-2014, 10:42 PM,
http://dalneitzel.com/2012/01/26/is-the-book-important/
01-16-2014, 11:12 PM,
Thanks ThrillChaser, that's the one.
01-17-2014, 12:39 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Pooka on January 16, 2014, 9:37 pm</b>

But your theory seems to be based on a heck of a lot of intentional placement of hints on FF's part and would seem to run counter to this statement.
</div>

“All of the information you need to find the treasure is in the poem. The chapters in my book have very subtle hints but are not deliberately placed to aid the seeker” f

Pooka,

You are confusing ‘intentional placement’ with ‘deliberately placed’

So therefore my theory does not run counter to f’s statement. I will prove it to you with logic

First, understand that f did not say, that there are not subtle hints placed to aid the seeker, or ….. that subtle hints in the chapters are not placed to aid the seeker

He did not say either of those things, because it would be untrue. and it would be known to be untrue, because there is too much documentation that he has said the chapters in the book do, in fact, have hints, and hints by definition are helpful, so therefore they will aid you.

Now someone can make the argument that intentionally placed versus deliberately placed have the same or similar enough meaning. But they would be arguing the meanings of the words in the english language.

That is not what we are talking about here, however. We are talking about the difference between what is meant by, when you are saying to me, ‘intentional placement’, versus what Forrest MEANT when he says ‘deliberately placed.’

Ok, first lets clarify what is meant by ‘intentional placement’, which you used to accurately describe the hints of my theory. I am saying, for example, that the two 18’s mentioned on page 83 are hints related to 36 inches below the ground.

For the sake of argument, let’s say I am correct and these are indeed subtle hints. Well if they are, then Forrest intentionally placed them there. He had to. There is no other possibility.

To say that placing them there was not intentional, is saying he did so without his own knowledge. It would be like saying Forrest wants to take a drink from his cup of tea, and in doing so he lifts the cup to his lips, but he is not doing it with intention, and he is doing so without his own knowledge. It just doesn’t make any sense.

So if we know that the subtle hints are intentionally placed then what does that tell us? It gives us insight into Forrest’s reply to the emailer.

When Forrest says that they are not deliberately placed to aid the seeker, he does NOT mean that they are not intentionally placed , he means something else!

See the interesting and fun thing about this puzzle and the game that Forrest is playing on the outside, is he is playing by a fair set of rules, and in doing so he has ensured a few things.

One is that there is enough information and clues in the book to make it possible to find the treasure. Second, on the addt’l info outside of the book, he speaks often and directly enough about important parameters so it is clear his meaning, even if in some cases he may not choose the perfect words.

By speaking clearly and often enough about certain important parameters, it can be logically deduced when he is saying things, playing his game, and getting people to think something other than what is true.

It is an interesting game, because on the one hand he is handing out misdirection, but then out of the other hand, he gives you the tools you need to expose the misdirection and see the true path. Sometimes when he says certain things, it is like he is thinking to himself ‘I just want to see who Is paying attention’

So, if someone is paying attention, then Forrest’s reply to this emailer is a HUGE insight.

Should I spell it out for you? Nah, I’ll see if you can figure it out. That’s what F would do 8-)

01-17-2014, 01:37 AM,
36 inches huh? Well, I guess I will have to get a different detector. :-) But with at least 170 different soil colors, which one is the "right" color of Brown? I suppose brown could just mean the ground or dirt in general.

Nothing has to be deliberately placed -- to aid the seeker, it's just his stories. Everything is intertwined with him, like that big ball of string, we just have to figure out how to fit it through the door? It's ALL there. Some things straight forward. Some with contradictions. ......Oh the Coyote Trickster :-) deceiving us to bring us to the truth........ and in the end is to arrive where we started.

I like your thoughts Chris.........
01-17-2014, 08:31 AM,
@ Chris Yates - Master of philosophy, logic & semantics - wow.  After seeing your posts here and on other blogs, I am just at a loss as to why you have not retrieved the chest yet.  I mean, you have the most detailed explanations, the most plausible theories and seem to have an uncanny ability to know precisely what Fenn means and whether or not what he says is a clue, hint or misdirection. 

Also, if I understand your earlier post, the poem gives you, not one, but two sets of coordinates that point to one exact location, which, I surmise, is where the chest would be. Not surprisingly people eat this up because it's so logical and represents progress, supported by hints from the book, that will lead to the chest.

With all that in mind, what is it about this poem that has you stumped?  Why are you still here freely handing out critical pieces of information that may lead someone else right to it?
01-17-2014, 08:57 AM,
@ Chris, I really like the 18 inches above and below thought. I think your way of analyzing things will eventually crack the poem.
01-17-2014, 10:32 AM,
Yep, my thoughts too Syd. Smile
Shhh they aren't listening.
01-17-2014, 10:56 AM,
Chris : Your intellect surprises me. you should be a member of the Mensa club. If you are not already. What do you think of Tarry scant with marvel gaze and about the dove in the nest on the moon. ??? It is exactly as it shows IMO.
01-17-2014, 11:43 AM,
I don't think the book gives any direct clues to find the treasure. It only gives confirmation information that will give you confidence in your solutions to the "real" clues that are only in the poem.

I also think the first stanza gives general hints to the final location of the chest but doesn't give direct clues to follow. The clues in stanzas 2, 3, and 4 take you along the main route to the treasure chest general area. Stanza 5 is a separation stanza which doesn't give any clues, it just is the point where the long distance clues end and the short distance clues, or clues that take you to the exact location of the chest are given, in stanza 6. However, stanza 5, 4th line, does tell you how he traveled to get to that point in the clue "route". Once you are to the clues in the 6th stanza you have to go on foot, just as Forrest did, to get to the treasure chest. The 2nd line of the 6th stanza is a very important clue to actually finding the treasure, I think. There is a hidden meaning behind the obvious, which requires knowledge of the area to understand. I wish the snow would hurry up and melt.
(Do I really have to say IMO all the time?)