Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My take on "Once Upon A While"
11-15-2017, 07:26 PM,
RE: My take on "Once Upon A While"
(11-15-2017, 02:42 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 11:37 AM)nkown Wrote: Sure -- and if Mink leads you to a spot that simultaneous has:

Glenna Goodacre
Mummy Falcon
Sam Snead
A "general" solve
Captain Ahab
A write solution

and a whole bunch more, then I'd agree that mink is important and not a confirmation bias.

As it is, Stanley does have that... mink does not.

You have no idea what mink does or doesn't have except that the Mink crash site was about a mile from the Pogzeba's. As I said it was part of a failed effort on my part but it had quite a few things going for it. Since the chest is not on Canjilon mountain "Mink" now qualifies, potentially, as misdirection.

EDIT TO ADD:

No where in this thread have I suggested that Mink was important to finding the chest. What I said was that "Mink" was part of a failed attempt of mine and I probably mentioned it to Forrest. I remember speaking to him about cocaine when we searched for Randy. The newspaper articles alleged that cocaine was found at the Mink's crash site. Now he's put mink in Once Upon A While. I suspect the mention of mink to be deliberate misdirection. That's all. It is foolish of you to insist that "Mink" isn't misdirection because you have no idea what you are speaking about. Many people pondered the area around the Pogzeba crash as a potential spot for the chest. I believe I located the Pogzeaba crash site, although I'm not certain of that. When I later solved the general area and realized that it has absolutely nothing to do with the Pogzebas, I asked Forrest if he was responsible for a shrine-like arrangement I found up there but he never answered. Thus I don't know whether I found the Pogzeba's site with certainty. The coordinates were only good to about the nearest mile. In any event anyone who investigates the Pogzeba's and has more than a few functional neurons, can't help but learn about the Minks. I am TRYing to warn future searchers away from it. It is quite difficult to reach the site where the wing has been stuck in the tree for some 35 years, and I guarantee that the F art and everything else up there is not going to lead them to the box. I suspect that there are bits of misdirection that other searchers will recognize in OUAW over time.

There was an article on Mink's crash a few months ago that caught my attention. Here's the link if anyone is interested.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/snow-fall-...he-rockies