Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chronological Deduction
11-14-2017, 08:08 AM,
Lightbulb  Chronological Deduction
Just wondering if anyone has referenced the date Fenn talked about whispers on the forums and looked at what methods were being hinted at during that time.
11-14-2017, 08:14 AM,
Chronological Deduction
That's a pretty smart question to ask.

razyfamily
11-14-2017, 08:28 AM,
RE: Chronological Deduction
(11-14-2017, 08:08 AM)Umbra Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has referenced the date Fenn talked about whispers on the forums and looked at what methods were being hinted at during that time.

http://www.awhisperer.com/index.html
I think "whisper" had to do with this website at the time he mentioned "It's what they whisper" Study the time line in accordance to the comments.
11-14-2017, 08:33 AM,
That was in Scrapbook 61 in April 2014.

"It seems logical to me that a deep thinking treasure searcher could use logic to determine an important clue to the location of the treasure. Is someone doing that now and I don’t know it? It’s not what they say on the blogs that may be significant, it’s what they whisper. f"

Some interesting comments were made about the scrapbook at Dal's site:

"MapSmith on April 25, 2014 at 11:03 am said:

If you’re listening good, and know the person he just quoted, then it might also draw you to an interesting conclusion….
IMHO, it’s possible FF just told us why Stanza ONE (and ‘focusing’ on one particular word of that stanza) is important
and
eliminated 3 of our 4 search states in one fell swoop.

It’s a rough quote, so you’ll have to use imagination rather than perfectionism to find it.

I won’t do all the work for you, but here’s my take:
The person quoted had a career not unlike FF; scrappy beginnings and thru grit and imagination, managed a pretty adventurous, passionate, and interesting life.
The person quoted had their life cut short far too soon – something I think FF was certainly worried about in 1988.
Their name is a household name as far as I’m concerned, but I can see how some Gen Y and younger might not have ever heard of this person. Though I judge them for it. ?
They also have double letters in both their first name, as well as their last name. …Which just happen to be the exact SAME double letters in FF’s first, and then last, name.
This person also wanted to serve this country in the armed forces.

He’s undeniably associated to some degree with treasure chests, but more importantly I think is that quote was from a later career point (When nasty rumors and court cases were doing damage) and therefore referencing a later point in his career: Look at the TITLES of his works:

–One of them happens to be FF’s street address and the very first non-poem clue given out.
–One of them happens to be one of the very first few nonpoem clues AND is without argument, our general search area.
—And one of them, from mid-century, is the very specific name of a very specific STATE. One I think is referenced inside of the first 2 lines of the poem.

/My 2 bits, but I think this unusually short-but-sweet FF scrapbook entry is HEAVY with clues.
Reply ↓

Halogetter on April 25, 2014 at 3:04 pm said:

Map-
We’ve discussed Errol Flynn for a few days on TTOTC. He was my first thought about the ‘whisper’ quote. I think you just spelled it all out for everyone here.

Movies:
Santa Fe Trail
Rocky Mountain
Montana

And Errol was famous for saying:
“It isn’t what they say about you, it’s what they whisper.”
Errol was referring to what people were saying behind his back, and he was always suspicious of Hollywood, especially in his more troubled later years.

Errol Flynn tried to enter the military but was rejected on medical grounds; a great embarrassment for him. He also felt the tinges of being an imposter for his work:
“I felt like an impostor, taking all that money for reciting ten or twelve lines of nonsense a day.”
Was that as embarrassing to him as it was for Forrest getting caught being a fake cadet at Texas A&M, and later in Santa Fe when a little girl told him that “My father thinks you’re a fraud”, as many art dealers also thought?

And what about Forrest’s feelings of inadequacy in front of his father on the banco making more money in 15 minutes than the cost of his Texas home? Certainly Forrest made up for being a fake cadet by being a notable fighter pilot and doing a lot for others- “We are all here only for the pleasure of others.”

And Forrest also said “It doesn’t matter who you are, it only matters who they think you are.”

Curiously, Errol was also known for several variations of the following quote:
“Any man who has $10,000 left when he dies is a failure.”
Forrest lowered that amount just a little bit and sculpted it on his bells.

Errol had a number of other quotes that reflect Forrest’s bold character as well, such as:
“I do what I like” (Ring a bell?)
“My job is to defy the normal.”
“My dream of happiness: …Looking out over nine miles of ocean, hearing some happy laughter near-by…”

Errol was also an author, and wrote his autobiography (known to be a pretty decent and scandalous read):
my Wicked, Wicked Ways (WWW)

So what else is there about our Rogue Heroes?
foRRest feNN
eRRol flyNN
wiLLiam kiDD

Has Forrest taken on the exciting personas of his favorite rogue screen star and pirate, who also appealed to him because of their namesake dualities? After all, “All I have is my name.”

No wonder he favors using two omegas instead of just one. The 24th letters (XX) mark the spot twice…

I stayed at the Errol Flynn Suite at the famous El Rancho Hotel on Route 66 in Gallup, New Mexico, and my father was an actor during the same era as Errol Flynn (and was also Vincent Price’s roommate). Does that count?

See ya at the movies. I give Forrest’s whisper quote two thumbs up.
Hey, another double…

SYand42lbsHeavier,
Halogetter"
11-14-2017, 02:15 PM,
(11-14-2017, 08:28 AM)OH! Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 08:08 AM)Umbra Wrote: Just wondering if anyone has referenced the date Fenn talked about whispers on the forums and looked at what methods were being hinted at during that time.

http://www.awhisperer.com/index.html
I think "whisper" had to do with this website at the time he mentioned "It's what they whisper" Study the time line in accordance to the comments.

Oh yeah, the one who found Jesus but not the chest. Forgot about her. I do have to say that I think she might just faint if she found out she were within 200'... or start handling snakes and speaking in tongues.
11-15-2017, 05:22 PM,

If someone is/was "whispering" to Forrest on the blogs, it's possible no one would be able to distinguish that message as a whisper from the hundreds of other comments on the various blogs each day. If the whisperer was correct in his/her guesses and whispering in a manner only F would understand (the very definition of a whisper), only another searcher with the same guesses could comprehend that a whisper occurred.

I'm not trying to be a rainy day - just sayin'.
OO
11-15-2017, 07:07 PM,
(11-15-2017, 05:22 PM)OmeOmy Wrote:

If someone is/was "whispering" to Forrest on the blogs, it's possible no one would be able to distinguish that message as a whisper from the hundreds of other comments on the various blogs each day. If the whisperer was correct in his/her guesses and whispering in a manner only F would understand (the very definition of a whisper), only another searcher with the same guesses could comprehend that a whisper occurred.

I'm not trying to be a rainy day - just sayin'.
OO

You're not raining on anything but you do get the award for thinking you're the first one who thought of that just now. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything but you're a few years behind with that idea. If I shared it, I've probably checked already. Wink

If you think that sounds harsh just think about your first thought when you posted a reply to me. Was it something like, "this is stupid"?
Yesterday, 04:04 AM, (This post was last modified: Yesterday, 04:06 AM by Umbra.)
For some reason I feel compelled to say that not all actions are self serving. This was a thought I had and I posted it to help anyone who may have been "whispering" at the time, not myself. Face it, most of the things people do are entirely selfish, and I think if you disagree then you're probably being selfish by doing that, because lets be honest, you couldn't possibly be a bad person, now could you. As for myself, I am usually unwittingly selfish like everyone else, but I try. I guess I could also say I did this to make myself feel good. Guess we're back to being selfish.
Yesterday, 12:25 PM,
In my search area is a boggy area. From that location at certain times of the year you can hear a swishing, or whispering sound. So it's not what they say on the blogs (bogs), it's what is whispered.

"Opinion becomes fact when it is verified by facts." by Mia O. Pinion