Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm just gonna say this...
11-14-2017, 06:20 PM,
RE: I'm just gonna say this...
(11-14-2017, 06:09 PM)Mindy Wrote: Yeah, yours and OD’s. Whataboutism—deflecting the terribleness of the current whoever by using “what about that terrible person years ago” as a defense of said current whoever’s terrible actions.

Past behavior of others doesn’t give a pass for current bad behavior. No matter what past officials “got away with,” doesn’t mean that copying their bad behavior is now something we should just accept.

What about those confederate generals? They got away with slavery. Does that mean having slaves should be acceptable today?

If whataboutism was a legal defense, any wife murderer would just have to say, “What about O.J. Simpson?”

Sorry, I didn’t mean to get involved in a political debate, but whataboutism is getting really tiring.

im glad to see you know about whataboutism

i already know what it is and didnt need an explanation

my question is, what does it have to do with my comment

i didnt try to excuse any behavior by pointing to some other bad behavior

also, dont lump me in with Old Drum. if you want to reply to my comment then stay on that. if you want to reply to OD, then reply to his comment

11-14-2017, 06:25 PM,
(11-14-2017, 06:12 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: there has been loads more hypocrisy from the Democrat side

Not from me. If Hillary did anything to warrant charges, then bring her up on charges. As far as the Bill story, yes, Hillary is a victim regardless of how she protected him and her political career. Victims do worse things.

All I see is Chris Yates making excuses for men abusing women.
11-14-2017, 06:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 06:55 PM by Chris Yates.)
(11-14-2017, 06:19 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: We've heard enough from you, I want to hear it from some women. Would you let your teenage daughter stay with President Trump? Bill Clinton? Harvey Weinstein? Weiner boy? Roy Moore? Bill Cosby? Bill O'Reilly?

you know when you say something like that then i have to keep replying to you

Trump - yes

Bill Clinton - no

Weinstein - no

Weiner - no

Cosby - no

O'Reilly - yes

Moore - waiting for more information on this one. there is a story that he was banned from a mall for badgering teenage girls. and the most recent accuser shows a yearbook with his signature and worked in a restauraunt where Moore is claiming to not know about and never went there. further investigative reporting i think should make it clearer who's lying here

(11-14-2017, 06:25 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: All I see is Chris Yates making excuses for men abusing women.

give me one comment where i did that

11-14-2017, 06:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 06:43 PM by crazyfamily.)
(11-14-2017, 06:28 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 06:25 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: All I see is Chris Yates making excuses for men abusing women.

give me one comment where i did that

(11-14-2017, 06:12 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: this perception that somehow there should be more moral accountability from one side over the other is why, despite there having been issues on both sides, there has been loads more hypocrisy from the Democrat side

it would be better for the country if we all just assumed the same standard of morality and accountability from both sides

(11-14-2017, 05:56 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: personally, i don't lump together vulgar private comments with allegations of someone physically committing a serious crime. the two are very different

There are plenty of accusations against Trump starting with his ex-wife. Where have I asked for a higher moral accountability for one side over the other? I pointed out three democrats that were denied by the party. No one is making excuses for them. I've always said, if Hillary needs to be in jail then bring charges.

Step up, Chris.

BTW, OD is no longer a mod.
11-14-2017, 06:48 PM,
(11-14-2017, 06:20 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 06:09 PM)Mindy Wrote: Yeah, yours and OD’s. Whataboutism—deflecting the terribleness of the current whoever by using “what about that terrible person years ago” as a defense of said current whoever’s terrible actions.

Past behavior of others doesn’t give a pass for current bad behavior. No matter what past officials “got away with,” doesn’t mean that copying their bad behavior is now something we should just accept.

What about those confederate generals? They got away with slavery. Does that mean having slaves should be acceptable today?

If whataboutism was a legal defense, any wife murderer would just have to say, “What about O.J. Simpson?”

Sorry, I didn’t mean to get involved in a political debate, but whataboutism is getting really tiring.

im glad to see you know about whataboutism

i already know what it is and didnt need an explanation

my question is, what does it have to do with my comment

i didnt try to excuse any behavior by pointing to some other bad behavior

also, dont lump me in with Old Drum. if you want to reply to my comment then stay on that. if you want to reply to OD, then reply to his comment

I think I see what you were trying to say, Chris. Sorry, sometimes I read too fast for my own good, and I’m so used to hearing the “what abouts” that I probably jumped the gun. I apologize.

There is such division in the country, and I DO blame the President. I could go into a long commentary to show evidence of how he is the catalyst behind the division, but that article is hopefully gonna come out soon as a NYTimes op-ed piece. Smile

I did this Twitter experiment a while back. I clearly made my position clear—I did not identify with either political party, yet I denounced Trump’s actions. I was attacked, over and over and over, for being an “extreme leftist Dem bitch” and other nasty names. I made it a point to use ONLY direct quotes, in context, from Trump. I used quotes from his book, quotes from past speeches—I did my homework. And I reiterated over and over that I did not favor ANY political party but was speaking as an American Woman.

And I was attacked, pretty heavily, by people calling ME “fake news,” when I ONLY used direct quotes from Donald and asked how the words that came out of his mouth were in any way acceptable.

And I don’t just blame the Trump supporters— there’s fault and divisiveness on BOTH sides.

But Trump does a very good job keeping us at each other’s throats. It’s what he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-14-2017, 06:55 PM,
Wow...
11-14-2017, 06:56 PM,
(11-14-2017, 06:41 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: BTW, OD is no longer a mod.

oh ok. NEVERMIND Smile

11-14-2017, 06:57 PM,
(11-14-2017, 04:56 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 03:30 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 09:03 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: So you want to blame Hillary for Bill's abuses? I'd like to avoid victim blaming, but real answers would be helpful.

not sure what you mean by victim blaming, but after Bill took advantage of these women, then Hillary abused and smeared them to defend Bill's actions. so neither one of those 2 are victims

you will notice lately a significant increase by progressives in calling to account Bill's past sins. they are basically saying, it is time we finally have true reckoning in the Democratic party concerning this.

and the question of course is why now? after all these years? why not do this when it actually mattered?

the answer is because we've finally reached the point where the Clintons are no longer useful. and Hillary has become somewhat of a pariah.

so it is convenient now. there is no political cost, and they can get up on that high horse and act like they are willing to point out right and wrong among their own.

Yes, she did Chris. There, that's settled. "Progressives" denied Gary Hart before it got too far, and we also denied John Edwards. Remember the Weiner guy? Isn't he going to jail...no one making excuses for him, Chris.

What I want to see is some of the women who voted for Donald Trump explain how he is different from these Hollywood players and republican senators etc, etc, etc.

There is nothing convenient about now, Chris, this has been going on for a while as I explained above. What I want is some accountability from the side that proclaims higher virtue over the rest of us. Get it?

We've heard from enough men already, lets hear from some women who voted for Donald Trump. What does Donald Trump do for you that makes it okay for him to brag about abusing women, but everyone else must go to jail for it?

I didn’t vote for that snake. I would LOVE to get right in his face and tell him a thing or two about strong women.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-14-2017, 07:04 PM,
imo, if you want to have hope for yourself, your family, and for the country, then the challenge is to believe you have more in common than not, with those whom you disagree

when i really believe that, it easier to look forward and to have faith. and when people believe that about each other, progress can be made in spite of differences

i just don't know if, in reality, it's true. i think in the not too distant past in this country, it was more assuredly true

11-15-2017, 08:07 AM,
Hypocrisy on the issue is rampant in both parties. I don't think my party (LP) has had any such scandal, but when we do I hope we deal w/ it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whos gonna find it? collaboration DNA 13 838 05-25-2017, 12:53 AM
Last Post: The Count