Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Teachers with Ropes
11-14-2017, 06:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 03:32 PM by Copper.)
Teachers with Ropes
Rereading my book.....again. Does anyone else suspect that this chapter is dark? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-14-2017, 06:27 PM,
RE: Teachers with Ropes
(11-14-2017, 06:25 PM)Copper Wrote: Rereading my book.....again. Does anyone else suspect that this chapter is insanely dark? Just curious.

What makes you say that...under penalty of death?
11-14-2017, 06:52 PM,
Teachers with Ropes
I always thought the children were blind. There’s an interactive pull-off on Independence Pass in Colorado where a knitted rope leads you from one Braille plaque to the next, describing the wood around you.

The chapter reminded me of that, because it asks you to touch. And blind children letting go of a rope in the middle of an intersection could result in death. That’s the only way I could justify the teachers saying that without them coming off as monsters.

So, I believe those kids were blind.

Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-14-2017, 07:08 PM,
Teachers with Ropes
That's another good theory. I like it.

11-14-2017, 07:15 PM,
Thats a really REALLY good theory mindy! I like it!
11-14-2017, 07:26 PM,
Possible but seriously doubt it. The drawing in the chapter is a suspected pretty good hint however.
http://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=2359&page=6
11-14-2017, 08:30 PM,
Teachers with Ropes
How so. Shape of the blaze? Blind leading the blind?

11-14-2017, 08:34 PM,
I can honestly say that blind children holding on to rope is not part of my solve but this is one of the best ideas and use of imagination I’ve read so I might make it part of my solve after all.

Wise men see
Blind Fools believe
11-14-2017, 08:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 08:36 PM by realistrealist.)
More than one is looking at the stopped car... interesting how they bend in an arc around the car a bit.

There is a reason for the key hole in girl on far left IMO.
11-14-2017, 08:51 PM,
"For that reason we attracted school children from miles around."

"After a few visits we had the scenario memorized."
(Then he starts telling about the teachers with ropes.)

So, does this imply that ALL of the students from miles around were subjects of the 'rope rule' ?
I kinda doubt it so, that might leave the possibility open that this particular class may have been blind.

Continuing, talking about the same group, he says "The students seemed to enjoy watching the teachers disappear."
One could assume that this indicates the students were not blind. But, it might also support the opposite, in that they "SEEMED to enjoy WATCHING...". Which could indicate that they weren't 'watching' visibly.

But then, we have to explain this..."Some of the students giggled when I casually rested my bare arm on the head of a bronze Indian."
If they were blind, how would they know he had did this ?

"It's an Indian, It's an art, It's a bronze, and It's a sculpture, were comments that were all made BEFORE he asked them to step forward and touch the bronze.
So, how could they have given those answers, if they were all blind ?

And, the seven-year old who wrote him the letter would appear to have been a student of the group that came in with the rope-rule (based on his preceding statement that he asked them to write him a letter).
Did she write the letter, or did someone write it for her?

Now, the rest of that chapter does nothing to suggest that the subsequent students he talks about were subjects of the rope-rule. It seems that they were not.

I don't see enough in the story to support a theory that they were blind.
I actually see just the opposite.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teachers with ropes Timraywa 0 156 11-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Timraywa