Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Teachers with Ropes
11-14-2017, 09:02 PM,
Teachers with Ropes
(11-14-2017, 08:51 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: "For that reason we attracted school children from miles around."

"After a few visits we had the scenario memorized."
(Then he starts telling about the teachers with ropes.)

So, does this imply that ALL of the students from miles around were subjects of the 'rope rule' ?
I kinda doubt it so, that might leave the possibility open that this particular class may have been blind.

Continuing, talking about the same group, he says "The students seemed to enjoy watching the teachers disappear."
One could assume that this indicates the students were not blind. But, it might also support the opposite, in that they "SEEMED to enjoy WATCHING...". Which could indicate that they weren't 'watching' visibly.

But then, we have to explain this..."Some of the students giggled when I casually rested my bare arm on the head of a bronze Indian."
If they were blind, how would they know he had did this ?

"It's an Indian, It's an art, It's a bronze, and It's a sculpture, were comments that were all made BEFORE he asked them to step forward and touch the bronze.
So, how could they have given those answers, if they were all blind ?

And, the seven-year old who wrote him the letter would appear to have been a student of the group that came in with the rope-rule (based on his preceding statement that he asked them to write him a letter).
Did she write the letter, or did someone write it for her?

Now, the rest of that chapter does nothing to suggest that the subsequent students he talks about were subjects of the rope-rule. It seems that they were not.

I don't see enough in the story to support a theory that they were blind.
I actually see just the opposite.

Maybe there’s a clue in where the class came from. Maybe it was a mixed class. I’d have to read the story again. But by the story of Joe Maribel, we learn that blind Joe had honed his other senses so well that he was aware that Forrest had walked in without an announcement being made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-14-2017, 09:09 PM,
Teachers with Ropes
I think it possibly relates to kids from mission schools. I'll read it again too.

11-14-2017, 09:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-14-2017, 09:28 PM by easternOHsteve.)
RE: Teachers with Ropes
(11-14-2017, 08:34 PM)realistrealist Wrote: More than one is looking at the stopped car... interesting how they bend in an arc around the car a bit.

There is a reason for the key hole in girl on far left IMO.

and the bird on the left in the woodsman picture, probably real imo
just saying ss
11-14-2017, 09:28 PM,
(11-14-2017, 09:02 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 08:51 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: "For that reason we attracted school children from miles around."

So, does this imply that ALL of the students from miles around were subjects of the 'rope rule' ?
I kinda doubt it so, that might leave the possibility open that this particular class may have been blind.

Continuing, talking about the same group, he says "The students seemed to enjoy watching the teachers disappear."
One could assume that this indicates the students were not blind. But, it might also support the opposite, in that they "SEEMED to enjoy WATCHING...". Which could indicate that they weren't 'watching' visibly.

But then, we have to explain this..."Some of the students giggled when I casually rested my bare arm on the head of a bronze Indian."

"It's an Indian, It's an art, It's a bronze, and It's a sculpture, were comments that were all made BEFORE he asked them to step forward and touch the bronze.

And, the seven-year old who wrote him the letter would appear to have been a student of the group that came in with the rope-rule (based on his preceding statement that he asked them to write him a letter).

Now, the rest of that chapter does nothing to suggest that the subsequent students he talks about were subjects of the rope-rule. It seems that they were not.

Maybe there’s a clue in where the class came from. Maybe it was a mixed class. I’d have to read the story again. But by the story of Joe Maribel, we learn that blind Joe had honed his other senses so well that he was aware that Forrest had walked in without an announcement being made.

TTOTC says nothing to indicate where the class might have came from so, there is no clue there.

Nothing in the story suggests that it was a 'mixed' class.

The story of Joe does nothing to relate to this theory. How did the kids know he put his arm on a bronze Indian ? If they were blind, they would have had to have known there was a bronze Indian exactly where f was standing.

The only way they might possibly have known this is to have been to the gallery before and touched the Indian at the exact same spot, or, they 'touched' the Indian prior to Forrest quizzing them about it.
And, Forrest would not have been so irresponsible as to allow a group of blind kids to wander around his gallery unguided.

They had no way of knowing that the Indian is in the very same spot where they 'might' have touched it on a previous visit. It could have been moved, or even sold in the interim.

Nothing in the story supports any of this.
11-14-2017, 10:47 PM,
(11-14-2017, 06:52 PM)Mindy Wrote: I always thought the children were blind. There’s an interactive pull-off on Independence Pass in Colorado where a knitted rope leads you from one Braille plaque to the next, describing the wood around you.

The chapter reminded me of that, because it asks you to touch. And blind children letting go of a rope in the middle of an intersection could result in death. That’s the only way I could justify the teachers saying that without them coming off as monsters.

So, I believe those kids were blind.

I didn't know about the plaques at Independence Pass. Your thoughts on this are excellent. For me, this is another confirmer for this area.
11-14-2017, 10:49 PM,
I think that the kids holding ropes represent the first line of the poem, "As I have gone alone in there." My interpretation of this line is that "alone" means "all one" in Fennspeak. The kids holding the rope are "all one," just as the "I" in the first line of the poem went "as one" and consists of several things that are connected.

"Opinion becomes fact when it is verified by facts." by Mia O. Pinion
11-15-2017, 12:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 12:25 AM by Copper.)
Teachers with Ropes
The kids are following the exact same path that keeps repeating itself. He leans on the Indian art, using it as an arm rest. The big deal is the Washington painting, which shouldn't be touched. They are following the leader. History repeats itself. In my opinion. The blind leading the blind-once again. You are correct RT, they aren't REALLY blind.

What are we really teaching our children? Who is really the fraud? I'm not saying I agree, this is just what I see.

11-15-2017, 06:38 AM,
Teachers with Ropes
(11-14-2017, 09:28 PM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:
(11-14-2017, 09:02 PM)Mindy Wrote:

TTOTC says nothing to indicate where the class might have came from so, there is no clue there.

Nothing in the story suggests that it was a 'mixed' class.

The story of Joe does nothing to relate to this theory. How did the kids know he put his arm on a bronze Indian ? If they were blind, they would have had to have known there was a bronze Indian exactly where f was standing.

The only way they might possibly have known this is to have been to the gallery before and touched the Indian at the exact same spot, or, they 'touched' the Indian prior to Forrest quizzing them about it.
And, Forrest would not have been so irresponsible as to allow a group of blind kids to wander around his gallery unguided.

They had no way of knowing that the Indian is in the very same spot where they 'might' have touched it on a previous visit. It could have been moved, or even sold in the interim.

Nothing in the story supports any of this.

Doesn’t it say the class was from Espanola?

Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-15-2017, 06:39 AM,
Teachers with Ropes
(11-15-2017, 12:22 AM)Copper Wrote: The kids are following the exact same path that keeps repeating itself. He leans on the Indian art, using it as an arm rest. The big deal is the Washington painting, which shouldn't be touched. They are following the leader. History repeats itself. In my opinion. The blind leading the blind-once again. You are correct RT, they aren't REALLY blind.

What are we really teaching our children? Who is really the fraud? I'm not saying I agree, this is just what I see.

Yep. It’s a metaphorical blindness.

11-15-2017, 08:06 AM,
The first chapter is the darkest (in TTOTC). Who starts their memoir on a jealous rage bashing other writers?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teachers with ropes Timraywa 0 141 11-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Timraywa