Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Teachers with Ropes
11-15-2017, 11:42 AM,
RE: Teachers with Ropes
(11-15-2017, 10:23 AM)nkown Wrote: Anytime someone writes, "I have a solve...." it kinda makes me laugh.

The cool thing about well built puzzles is that there is only *one* solve. When you've solved it, you will know unambiguously that you have done so... and you'll get on a plane and go get the chest. FF has said that the person who solves it will walk with confidence to the spot.

Clearly, no one has done that yet.

More like: "I had a hypothesis that you could use xyz to solve the poem and it produced no tangible results."

"I have a solve" is not the same as saying "I have solved it".

I don't have any idea who first used that term but, I've been here long enough to understand what is meant by it and to know the difference between the two.

It has been an accepted phrase for longer than I have been involved.

I think most folks here know the difference between the two also.

"* Let’s coin a new phrase. You can’t have a “correct solve” unless you can knowingly go to within several steps of the treasure chest. Otherwise you have a “general solve.” What do you think? f  (posted June 2nd, 2017)"

It would also seem that Forrest knows the difference between the two, and that he agrees you can have a solve without having found the TC.

But, go ahead and laugh if that's what floats your boat.
11-15-2017, 12:28 PM,
Teachers with Ropes
Sounds to me like he's making a reference to general more than correct. As in "a war general" perhaps. I see a clue in the statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-15-2017, 12:46 PM,
(11-15-2017, 10:23 AM)nkown Wrote: Anytime someone writes, "I have a solve...." it kinda makes me laugh.

The cool thing about well built puzzles is that there is only *one* solve. When you've solved it, you will know unambiguously that you have done so... and you'll get on a plane and go get the chest. FF has said that the person who solves it will walk with confidence to the spot.

More like: "I had a hypothesis that you could use xyz to solve the poem and it produced no tangible results."

...or like: "I don't have it but have the resources to get it."
11-15-2017, 03:15 PM,

90% correct. You do know when you have that one solve
But you still need to go to sort the ending out
11-15-2017, 03:44 PM,
why would fenn tell blind kids to close their eyes when touching the washington painting , there would be no reason to ask for that request if they could not see
11-15-2017, 03:51 PM,
(11-15-2017, 03:50 PM)JRHartley Wrote: Can Fenn's books fly? I'm think of getting one for Christmas, if my wife sees it it better have wings. Which book is the rope story in? I really don't know.

ttotc page 109
11-15-2017, 05:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-15-2017, 05:51 PM by John Brown.)
(11-15-2017, 03:44 PM)pidmt Wrote: why would fenn tell blind kids to close their eyes when touching the washington painting , there would be no reason to ask for that request if they could not see

Clearly some of those kids must have been faking being blind like Eddy Murphy in Trading Places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKtjBqJ4NxA

He was talking to the ones that he knew could see.
11-16-2017, 07:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-16-2017, 07:39 AM by pidmt.)
have any of you heard of a childrens rope course,theres one next to shidoni foundry in santa fe nm ,on dorothy hicks rd,the children climb high up on a ropes course attached with caribiners ,if you look at the pic of the children page 110-111 look at the 3rd child from left to right in front of the passengers headlight side, in the boys right hand is a caribiner its D shaped ( this is the hint to this chapter )only thing is there are another rope course in particular thats near the chest

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Teachers with ropes Timraywa 0 156 11-15-2017, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Timraywa