Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Meanings...
01-19-2014, 12:39 PM,
Multiple Meanings...

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on February 7, 2014, 4:58 pm</b>

I liked Rabbit Ears Mountain, and several other areas in the general vicinity. Unfortunately, it is off the edge of Forrest's map in TFTW.

mdavis19
</div>

Well... knowing that will save you some time Big Grin

01-19-2014, 07:23 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
my treasures = stone of white & yellow & gray
01-19-2014, 08:09 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
So hear me all and listen good, -- then here's a couple more hints -- next two lines -- to help you out if you haven't figured it out yet.
01-19-2014, 10:00 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
And hint of riches new and old: Hints in the poem to find the 9 clues.

New and old, may refer to past and present, life or birth to death, declination, man's journey, the author's journey, your journey. History - knowledge.

01-19-2014, 10:08 PM,
Multiple Meanings...

<b>Quote from Seeker on January 19, 2014, 12:39 pm</b>

to make it easier, lets start with the 1st stanza.
</div>

The first stanza is a grammatical disaster. I'm sure English teachers reading it cringe and gnash their teeth. It also doesn't appear at first blush to actually be telling us anything useful. I don't believe the first stanza is just meaningless intro. Forrest appears to be using "as" as a subordinating conjunction, but placing it at the beginning of the sentence makes no sense. Forrest likes to take liberties with English, but this is a little over the top even for him. There is another possible explanation beyond multiple meanings. When I read the first stanza, it feels like something is missing from the beginning of the sentence. I think he is leaving something unsaid. We have to guess what it is. Maybe if we guess right, the stanza will make sense and tell us something useful.

I hope the noobes don't get too angry with me for sharing too much.

mdavis19
01-19-2014, 10:19 PM,
Multiple Meanings...
First time looking at the 1st stanza, I felt somewhat the same way, an intro. But then realizing that [ As I stated before ] there is structure to the poem for a reason [IMO]. The use of capital letters in each line, and the words use carefully for a number count in each line. example; There'll be no paddle up your creek... 7 words, why not 'There will' which would put the line number of words to 8. believing, that these hints in the structure leads to clues. my opinion. 'As' may not be as important as A.
01-19-2014, 11:32 PM,
Multiple Meanings...

<b>Quote from Seeker on January 19, 2014, 10:00 pm</b>

And hint of riches new and old: Hints in the poem to find the 9 clues.

New and old, may refer to past and present, life or birth to death, declination, man's journey, the author's journey, your journey. History - knowledge.

</div>
In Me in The Middle he says that his brother was older and his sister was younger in detail. That seems to me the younger and older is new and old but what do I know cause I am still waiting for the Easter Bunny.
01-20-2014, 07:23 AM,
Multiple Meanings...
I have been working on the first stanza all weekend from a crypto point of view given that, as you say, it is totally messed up grammatically. I like the two commas, and the period and was hoping for an xyz place, town, nm. I have tried some simple things like ceasar crypto and first letter anagrams, but no success so far. There are some elegant features like 25 words which can be made into a nice 5x5 square of words and 90 letters -10x9 something. I will let the group know if I find something, but I won't tell what I find.

I am assuming in all his years in the military he came across an obscure, very simple cipher, that even a kid could figure out, that he has employed.
01-20-2014, 08:09 AM,
Multiple Meanings...
There definitely seem to be Math involved. Weather using a cypher to help I don't know, The numbers in the poem have as much ' meaning' as the words themselves it seems. 25 words total, 7567 words each line, treasure @ 42 and so on...

Even the word " secret " would simply say Hidden. So why use secret and not hidden, artistic flare or telling one no need for a backhoe. FF enjoys numbers as much as words and the example of old survey techniques and the example of secret a 12oz. soda on public land with how much land per person would have.

The combination of numbers and words are very well used when he [ for lack of a better term ] Educates us.

EDIT: Rick Nowak said it best, " The level of difficulty is reflected in the prize $1 million dollars"
01-20-2014, 09:13 AM,
Multiple Meanings...

<b>Quote from Seeker on January 20, 2014, 8:09 am</b>

There definitely seem to be Math involved. Weather using a cypher to help I don't know, The numbers in the poem have as much ' meaning' as the words themselves it seems. 25 words total, 7567 words each line, treasure @ 42 and so on...

Even the word " secret " would simply say Hidden. So why use secret and not hidden, artistic flare or telling one no need for a backhoe. FF enjoys numbers as much as words and the example of old survey techniques and the example of secret a 12oz. soda on public land with how much land per person would have.

The combination of numbers and words are very well used when he [ for lack of a better term ] Educates us.

EDIT: Rick Nowak said it best, " The level of difficulty is reflected in the prize $1 million dollars"
</div>

treasure@42 ? WHat's that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Poem Word Meanings Mindy 6 1,199 06-27-2016, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  Multiple layers - not seeing the forrest for the trees KISS liv42dy 11 1,454 05-25-2016, 09:52 PM
Last Post: Jack