Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
School shooting in New Mexico
12-08-2017, 08:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 08:25 AM by crazyfamily.)
School shooting in New Mexico
I'm sick of hearing about it, and I'm sick of talking about it. It is one of the most illogical arguments ever proposed. I know someone who was in the movie theater, and others who were at the concert, but until someone is bold enough to stand up and say, enough! it's time to change the laws, I just don't care.

We've tried the give-everyone-a-gun idea, it's time for something different.

For cryin' out loud, the news isn't even reporting this story. I had to look it up on the internet. What does that say?

razyfamily
12-08-2017, 09:16 AM,
RE: School shooting in New Mexico
(12-08-2017, 08:04 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote: Firearms control in the U.K. is among the toughest in the world ...

"The latest crime figures for the 12 months to March also show an 18% rise in violent crime..."

"More alarmingly, the statisticians say the rise in crime is accelerating, with a 3% increase recorded in the year to March 2015, followed by an 8% rise in the following year, and now a 10% increase in the 12 months to this March."

"...with gun crime rising 23% to 6,375 offences..."
" Knife crime has also jumped by 20% to 34,703 incidents..."

" There has been a particular increase in the number of robberies at knife point to nearly 13,000 incidents. Rape or sexual assaults at knife point also show large percentage increases ..."

Yea, stricter gun laws are doing one hell of a job protecting the citizens of the UK.

During the same time period, violent crime at knife-point was 5.5 times as high as violent crime at gun-point.

Which serves to prove, that criminals are going to commit crime, with or without a gun. Period.

If and when I am ever put in the unfortunate position of protecting my family from some asshole, I will not be swinging a purse at the thug.

No, crazyfamily, I am not crazy.

I can see some law-abiding citizen saving your ass because s/he was legally armed.
How would you perceive a situation like that ? Would you tell them not to take the scumbag down, knowing that his next shot might be you or yours ?

Honestly, I don't even want a reply from you. I try to stay out of your debates. Just stop calling others crazy for believing different than you do, and I'll continue to keep my distance from your curious perceptions.

this is a a fact that the U.S.A. has noticed RT,and it is very interesting you brought it up,they even use cars as weapons over there,not to mention a lot of other devices ,im not going to name them as to give some idiot ideas,but when such an attack happens over there ,it is almost always stopped with good guys with guns,
12-08-2017, 10:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 10:51 AM by crazyfamily.)
More illogical arguments. If everyone at the Las Vegas concert had a gun, not a single one of them would have been able to shoot the perpetrator.

Remember Charlottesville? We use cars for weapons too.

You like copy and paste? Here:

In 2015-16 (the twelve months beginning in March), there were 26 fatalities from gun-related crimes in England and Wales (equivalent to 130 because Great Britain 1/5 the size of the US).

Police in the UK fired their guns 7 times in 2015.

Number of Murders by Firearms, US, 2016: 11,004

Percentage of all Murders that were committed by firearms in 2016 in US: 73%

Suicides in US 2015: 44,193

Gun Suicides in US, 2015: ~22,000

Percentage of suicides where the method was guns in 2015: 49.8

Percentage of all murders in England and Wales that were committed by firearm: 4.5 percent.

Number of suicides in England and Wales, 2016: 5,668 (equivalent to about 28,330 in US or 36% lower)

Number of suicides by firearam in England and Wales, 2011: 84 (this is the most recent statistic I could find but the typical percentage is given as 1.6% of all suicides; that would be the equivalent of 3,530 suicides by firearm in the US, adjusting for population size), instead of 22,000).

Generally, I think people like Roll Tide are pretty smart. It's amazing how much partisan politics blinds people to the facts.
12-08-2017, 11:43 AM,
(12-08-2017, 10:49 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Generally, I think people like Roll Tide are pretty smart. It's amazing how much partisan politics blinds people to the facts.

No, crazyfamily, what is amazing is that you somehow associated my stance with 'partisan politics', although I have never discussed my political preference or affiliation, on this, or any other website.

You have absolutely nothing other than your assumptions when it comes to stereotyping me into some political mold. Simply because I take a different stance on this issue than you do, you automatically assume that I am a member of some political party that you oppose.

So, your statement says more about yourself than it does about me.

Bottom line : Some asswipe breaks into my house, with the intent to cause harm to me or my family. Now, since I'm a law-abiding citizen with the clarity to foresee that this jerk poses a threat to the safety and security of my grandkids, and he's probably not here to sing Kumbayah or De Colores, guess what's about to happen to this thug?

I don't hunt, target shoot, or participate in any gun-related sports or activities.
I own guns for one reason, and only one reason.

It has absolutely nothing to do with politics.

My babies will not become statistics as long as I'm alive and can prevent it.

Period.
12-08-2017, 12:21 PM,
so to sum things up,if a bad guy wants to do bodily harm their going to do it, its that simple
12-08-2017, 01:10 PM,
(12-08-2017, 07:52 AM)Cloudcover Wrote: What I'm reading in this thread is annoying at the very least. I'm from Aztec. I graduated from Aztec High, my mom graduated from there also. I saw this thread and looked at thinking I would see people talking about this tragedy and expressing their condolences and this is the shit I see. Arguing about whatever your political beliefs are. Take this fucking thread down

I am so sorry this happened Cloudcover and our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families and friends.
12-08-2017, 02:09 PM,
(12-08-2017, 11:43 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 10:49 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Generally, I think people like Roll Tide are pretty smart. It's amazing how much partisan politics blinds people to the facts.

No, crazyfamily, what is amazing is that you somehow associated my stance with 'partisan politics', although I have never discussed my political preference or affiliation, on this, or any other website.

You have absolutely nothing other than your assumptions when it comes to stereotyping me into some political mold. Simply because I take a different stance on this issue than you do, you automatically assume that I am a member of some political party that you oppose.

Bottom line : Some asswipe breaks into my house, with the intent to cause harm to me or my family. Now, since I'm a law-abiding citizen with the clarity to foresee that this jerk poses a threat to the safety and security of my grandkids, and he's probably not here to sing Kumbayah or De Colores, guess what's about to happen to this thug?

I don't hunt, target shoot, or participate in any gun-related sports or activities.

Period.

What other reason would blind someone to the facts? There's plenty here to see the story: https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod...-countries

How many mass shootings have been carried out by "thugs"? The mass shootings were carried out by previously law abiding citizens. How many times do we have to hear, oh, what a shock...he was a great guy...we never expected this...

How do you stop an otherwise law abiding citizen from stock piling assault weapons and ammunition? In America you don't.

I don't have a problem with all guns, and all ammunition, but there could be some ways to reduce gun violence, mass shootings etc that are not on the table because of the blanket coverage granted by the 2nd amendment. Information cannot be collected, ammunition cannot be restricted, even some guns and accessories cannot be restricted. These are some things that could change and still provide for people that want to protect their families, and not go on a shooting rampage.

Thing is, RT, they don't trust me and I don't trust them. So, the shootings continue, but lets not lie to ourselves about whats really going on. This is about conservatives preserving the second amendment and liberals wanting to curb gun violence through more strict gun laws.

Offering condolences, while a topical nicety, does nothing to address the problem. I'm over being nice about gun violence.
12-08-2017, 02:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 03:51 PM by pidmt.)
one has to ask themselves ,if i am anti gun,and i break down in my car the man that drags a person out and starts beating that person with a ball bat,some one pulls over to help and has no choice to stop the attack,fires their own gun stopping the attack,then where do anti gun violence stand ,they just saved your life,trust me i know both sides of a debate like this ,and i know things can be done different ,just a thought for all,now if you ever break down ,this is a survival tactic,get you and your loved ones out of the car ,get up in the woods or some where away from your car ,call for help,when you see the police pull up or the tow truck,then go back to your car,in the meantime watch and see how many bad guys stop and look through your windows,getting away from your car can save your life,always have blankets flashlight you know survival equipment ,this tactic saved my daughters life at age 19,when 2 guys stopped looked in her car broke 2 windows out stole every thing they could,they were caught 90 miles away,warrants came back on them for murder,what do you think they would have done to my daughter,i know
12-08-2017, 03:16 PM,
Does anyone REALLY believe that stricter guns laws are going to stop thugs and nut-jobs from being thugs and nut-jobs ?

That's laughable, at the very least.

Okay, let's take away all the guns.
Then, we'll take away all the knives.
Then comes the baseball bats.
Next, we'll take away everyone's automobile.
Don't forget about the bows and arrows.

The list is endless.

Criminals and nut-jobs are going to be here as long as the human race occupies this rock.

You say 'look at all the law-abiding' citizens who snap and do this crap ?

Okay, let's do THAT. I completely agree with that.
What makes these people snap ?
Divorce?
Gambling?
Drugs?
Pissed off at their fellow workers and employers?
Religion?
Politics?

How about kids who are raised in a society that is saturated with video games that reward them and give them 'status' and 'rank' for killing with guns ?
Aw hell, those are just games that kids are growing up on ...

You'd be surprised to know how many GROWN men I know who play these games. I find it quite puzzling.

Hey, let's don't forget about the paintballers either.

And what about the war-games ?

Look around you, and tell me that guns are the problem.

Guns are not the problem.
The entertainment industry has created a culture that lives and breathes violence.

I was having problems with my gson who was developing a very nasty and disrespectful attitude towards authority, adults, and just others in general.

I tried to deal with it and correct it from several different angles.
Nothing was working. He was getting to be more defiant the harder I tried to figure it out.

Then, I walked in his room one day and saw the games he was playing on his x-box.
I was dumbfounded.

KILL KILL KILL.

Nine years old, and being trained to kill as many as he could, as fast as he could.

He now has about thirty games less than he had the day I discovered this.
And his attitude and disposition towards others is remarkable.
I also sat his mother down and had a very long talk with her about giving the boy whatever he asks for.
She had no idea about the levels of violence and the graphics being displayed in the games she was allowing him to buy or ask for.

So, crazy, let's talk about some of the real issues that should be addressed.
12-08-2017, 03:59 PM,
(12-08-2017, 02:09 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 11:43 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:

Period.

What other reason would blind someone to the facts? There's plenty here to see the story: https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod...-countries

How many mass shootings have been carried out by "thugs"? The mass shootings were carried out by previously law abiding citizens. How many times do we have to hear, oh, what a shock...he was a great guy...we never expected this...

How do you stop an otherwise law abiding citizen from stock piling assault weapons and ammunition? In America you don't.

I don't have a problem with all guns, and all ammunition, but there could be some ways to reduce gun violence, mass shootings etc that are not on the table because of the blanket coverage granted by the 2nd amendment. Information cannot be collected, ammunition cannot be restricted, even some guns and accessories cannot be restricted. These are some things that could change and still provide for people that want to protect their families, and not go on a shooting rampage.

Thing is, RT, they don't trust me and I don't trust them. So, the shootings continue, but lets not lie to ourselves about whats really going on. This is about conservatives preserving the second amendment and liberals wanting to curb gun violence through more strict gun laws.

Offering condolences, while a topical nicety, does nothing to address the problem. I'm over being nice about gun violence.

they fooled everyone to make you think they were law abiding citizens ,where do you think mostly all the missing people who have never been found went,law abiding citizens is the answer they fooled everyone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another mass shooting, and still no one does anything. crazyfamily 21 1,884 11-28-2018, 12:41 PM
Last Post: crazyfamily