Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
School shooting in New Mexico
12-08-2017, 03:59 PM,
RE: School shooting in New Mexico
(12-08-2017, 02:09 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 11:43 AM)ROLL TIDE Wrote:
(12-08-2017, 10:49 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Generally, I think people like Roll Tide are pretty smart. It's amazing how much partisan politics blinds people to the facts.

No, crazyfamily, what is amazing is that you somehow associated my stance with 'partisan politics', although I have never discussed my political preference or affiliation, on this, or any other website.

You have absolutely nothing other than your assumptions when it comes to stereotyping me into some political mold. Simply because I take a different stance on this issue than you do, you automatically assume that I am a member of some political party that you oppose.

So, your statement says more about yourself than it does about me.

Bottom line : Some asswipe breaks into my house, with the intent to cause harm to me or my family. Now, since I'm a law-abiding citizen with the clarity to foresee that this jerk poses a threat to the safety and security of my grandkids, and he's probably not here to sing Kumbayah or De Colores, guess what's about to happen to this thug?

I don't hunt, target shoot, or participate in any gun-related sports or activities.
I own guns for one reason, and only one reason.

It has absolutely nothing to do with politics.

My babies will not become statistics as long as I'm alive and can prevent it.

Period.

What other reason would blind someone to the facts? There's plenty here to see the story: https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsod...-countries

How many mass shootings have been carried out by "thugs"? The mass shootings were carried out by previously law abiding citizens. How many times do we have to hear, oh, what a shock...he was a great guy...we never expected this...

How do you stop an otherwise law abiding citizen from stock piling assault weapons and ammunition? In America you don't.

I don't have a problem with all guns, and all ammunition, but there could be some ways to reduce gun violence, mass shootings etc that are not on the table because of the blanket coverage granted by the 2nd amendment. Information cannot be collected, ammunition cannot be restricted, even some guns and accessories cannot be restricted. These are some things that could change and still provide for people that want to protect their families, and not go on a shooting rampage.

Thing is, RT, they don't trust me and I don't trust them. So, the shootings continue, but lets not lie to ourselves about whats really going on. This is about conservatives preserving the second amendment and liberals wanting to curb gun violence through more strict gun laws.

Offering condolences, while a topical nicety, does nothing to address the problem. I'm over being nice about gun violence.

they fooled everyone to make you think they were law abiding citizens ,where do you think mostly all the missing people who have never been found went,law abiding citizens is the answer they fooled everyone
12-08-2017, 04:10 PM,
Sure, that's an excellent topic. Who lets these kids do that? My child has friends who watch all sorts of movies that are way out of the range of age appropriateness. This week some of 'em got caught with booze at school. Who's watching what these kids are doing? So, when little Dufus thinks he's gonna get a gun and shoot some people he just gets a gun. Who's the child and who's the adults here? Lets keep them from getting the guns! Lets have some f***ing accountability!

Adults whose guns are used by their children to kill need a mandatory life sentence with no parole! Lets get these guns under control! What about bringing charges on the people who didn't update the FBI database with that loser who shot up the church! Let's have SOME accountability!

I'm sick of all that blather that you began with...thugs don't go to gay clubs and kill out of hate. Thugs don't rent swanky hotel rooms and shoot from the 32nd floor. Thugs don't go to an elementary school and kill school children. It's not the same thing.

High capacity magazines, assault weapons and other military style weapons are the place to start. No one NEEDS these in their home arsenal. How many rounds does one person need? Vegas shooter fired over 1100 rounds and had another 1600 rounds in his car. Police need to know this - this is what needs to change.

Why do we allow up to 40% of gun sales to be conducted without background checks? This MUST change. This is where thugs get their guns. The internet, gun shows, private sales, it has to stop.
12-08-2017, 05:26 PM,
(12-08-2017, 04:10 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Sure, that's an excellent topic. Who lets these kids do that? My child has friends who watch all sorts of movies that are way out of the range of age appropriateness. This week some of 'em got caught with booze at school. Who's watching what these kids are doing? So, when little Dufus thinks he's gonna get a gun and shoot some people he just gets a gun. Who's the child and who's the adults here? Lets keep them from getting the guns! Lets have some f***ing accountability!

Adults whose guns are used by their children to kill need a mandatory life sentence with no parole! Lets get these guns under control! What about bringing charges on the people who didn't update the FBI database with that loser who shot up the church! Let's have SOME accountability!

I'm sick of all that blather that you began with...thugs don't go to gay clubs and kill out of hate. Thugs don't rent swanky hotel rooms and shoot from the 32nd floor. Thugs don't go to an elementary school and kill school children. It's not the same thing.

High capacity magazines, assault weapons and other military style weapons are the place to start. No one NEEDS these in their home arsenal. How many rounds does one person need? Vegas shooter fired over 1100 rounds and had another 1600 rounds in his car. Police need to know this - this is what needs to change.

Why do we allow up to 40% of gun sales to be conducted without background checks? This MUST change. This is where thugs get their guns. The internet, gun shows, private sales, it has to stop.

Anyone who goes to a nightclub or anywhere else, to 'kill out of hate', IS a thug or a nut-job.

Anyone who rents a swanky hotel room on the 32nd floor for the sole intent of shooting at people below, IS a thug or a nut-job.

Anyone who goes to a school with the intent to kill kids, IS a thug or a nut-job.

Anyone who walks into a church and shoots up the place and kills people, IS a thug or a nut-job.

Anyone who goes to a baseball game to shoot people, IS a thug or a nut-job.

Anyone who walks into a theater and shoots people ... wait for it ... IS a thug or a nut-job.

I don't care how you spin it, your argument is weak.

These are NOT 'normal' people who commit these crimes.

Mankind has been killing mankind for thousands of years, long before some Chinese alchemist invented gunpowder in the 9th century.

So, what are we to blame all of those earlier crimes on ?

Violence and conquest has been glorified for as long as man has been here.

Guns haven't been around long enough to be used as a legitimate excuse for man's insane lust for murder and mayhem.
12-08-2017, 05:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2017, 06:03 PM by wishiIwasRich.)
Last night , I had a reunion of old co-workers @local eatery in large city . Stayed with coworker, sitting around talking about his home where he has lived for 30 years. Came home one evening, a Mexican was standing in his garage, my friend asked him what he was doing. Said he was just trying to cut across to his house. Friend ran him off with aluminum baseball bat. Another time 2 burly guys, came up to ask about a boat in his yard, that wasn't for "sale". The Guys insisted he needed to let them have it. He kept telling them to leave. Ran them off with aluminum bat. He said next time he's not just having a baseball bat in his hand. Buying a gun.
I said good advice, better safe than sorry. Lot of people sorry, when unprepared. Wonder if smart people, carry guns in bad situations. Hey, but you never know.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bring a knife to a gunfight

EnglishEdit

Alternative formsEdit

take a knife to a gunfight

VerbEdit

bring a knife to a gunfight

(idiomatic) To enter into a confrontation or other challenging situation without being adequately equipped or prepared.

1987, David Mamet, The Untouchables[1]:Isn't that just like a wop? Brings a knife to a gun fight.

1994, Gus Lee, China Boy[2], ISBN9780452271586, page 310:That is why one should never bring a knife to a gunfight, a worm should not challenge Godzilla, and a chump should never box a boxer.

2006, Jeff Edwards, Torpedo[3], ISBN9781583484654, page xiii:[W]e can shoot down missiles. . . . Our Kingfisher sonars can detect mines. . . . Our ships are hardened against chemical and biological weapons. But how do you stop a torpedo? . . . The best engineers in the business agree that nearly every class of torpedo currently being deployed has the capacity to sink one of our ships with a single shot. . . . [W]e are the poor bastards that brought a knife to a gunfight.

12-08-2017, 07:03 PM,
I was just there, 2 months ago. Very nice community.
@Cloudcover, condolences to the parents, students, and community in Aztec.