Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simplify
01-15-2018, 04:54 PM,
Simplify
Time to revisit the red letter theory— the process of removing what the poem tells us to remove. That process is the blaze which reveals the final answer.

Or maybe all we have to do is look in the trees at each clue stop. Smile
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
01-15-2018, 05:49 PM,
Simplify
KISS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-15-2018, 09:23 PM,
RE: Simplify
Simplify-- heavy loads and water high = Washington/Queen's Laundry/or a wash somewhere

I give you title to...= outlet
End is ever drawing nigh-- left wing/or bronze journey's end
Not far but too far to walk -- null or maybe 10 miles...or if you like the backwards thing, Afton, or Klaw foot tub

There'll be no paddle up your creek -- crazy

Just take the chest and go in peace-- chess piece/chest piece/ heart/breastplate

If you've been wise and found the blaze--followed instructions, because wise means touching/experiencing

Just some probably wrong thoughts I've thought...

But...I believe finding "out" is important...
Mindy's blogs:

01-15-2018, 10:11 PM,
Simplify
(01-15-2018, 05:16 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: it will be interesting to see some of the reaction when the treasure is found, and if it comes out what "adjustments" were needed to reveal the answer

people who stuck with the "don't mess with the poem" malarkey will realize they thought someone who hid a million dollar treasure would actually tell them what or what not to do in solving the puzzle. and believing that effectively removed them from contention

This underestimates Forrest and totally lacks imagination. To believe that he NEEDED to make an elaborate numbering or lettering scheme is silly, and anyone doing this is sabotaging their ability to solve the poem.

razyfamily
01-15-2018, 10:16 PM,
(01-15-2018, 10:11 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 05:16 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: it will be interesting to see some of the reaction when the treasure is found, and if it comes out what "adjustments" were needed to reveal the answer

people who stuck with the "don't mess with the poem" malarkey will realize they thought someone who hid a million dollar treasure would actually tell them what or what not to do in solving the puzzle. and believing that effectively removed them from contention

This underestimates Forrest and totally lacks imagination. To believe that he NEEDED to make an elaborate numbering or lettering scheme is silly, and anyone doing this is sabotaging their ability to solve the poem.

razyfamily

I don’t think of it as elaborate, but more as creative. Words were definitely used in odd places for a specific purpose.
Mindy's blogs:

01-15-2018, 10:24 PM,
Simplify
(01-15-2018, 10:16 PM)Mindy Wrote:

razyfamily

I don’t think of it as elaborate, but more as creative. Words were definitely used in odd places for a specific purpose.

I agree, but putting the poem into a grid and shifting letters around is robotic. Forrest would not do this. Forrest is a romantic, a story teller. Like he said about the brass vase made from a mortar shell...it's hidden behind books! That's how he does it. You'd be amazed at what he's done with the scrapbooks.

razyfamily
01-15-2018, 11:12 PM,
Simplify
(01-15-2018, 10:46 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:

blasphemy! delete your post

Oh, allow me to rephrase. People who stick with the "everything you need is in the poem" malarkey will realize that easier doesn't mean easy to someone who hid a million dollar treasure.

razyfamily
01-16-2018, 01:56 PM,
Simplify
(01-15-2018, 11:31 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 11:12 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Oh, allow me to rephrase. People who stick with the "everything you need is in the poem" malarkey will realize that easier doesn't mean easy to someone who hid a million dollar treasure.

you need to pick and choose your malarkey better

Everything you need can’t be in the poem otherwise this statement by f would not have been posted
[Image: 2c8109b58c8ab09cbd3c69147ff2f820.jpg]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(IllinoisGhost) Blog

01-16-2018, 02:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-16-2018, 02:11 PM by FennMaster.)
(01-16-2018, 01:56 PM)illinoisghost Wrote:
(01-15-2018, 11:12 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Oh, allow me to rephrase. People who stick with the "everything you need is in the poem" malarkey will realize that easier doesn't mean easy to someone who hid a million dollar treasure.

Everything you need can’t be in the poem otherwise this statement by f would not have been posted

Or you just couldn't "reasonably" expect to find the treasure if you didn't know it was in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe, or 9 clues in poem, etc.

No one has found it yet and everyone knows it is in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe, poem has 9 clues, etc.

Imagine not knowing the poem has 9 clues ...
Favorite ff quote: .... When these guys are making a mistake I don’t want to interrupt them. -Forrest Fenn
01-16-2018, 03:06 PM,
(01-16-2018, 02:10 PM)FennMaster Wrote:
(01-16-2018, 01:56 PM)illinoisghost Wrote:

Or you just couldn't "reasonably" expect to find the treasure if you didn't know it was in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe, or 9 clues in poem, etc.

No one has found it yet and everyone knows it is in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe, poem has 9 clues, etc.

Imagine not knowing the poem has 9 clues ...

Or as some believe the first stanza is an introduction (contains backstory) then when that’s taken out of the equation you’re screwed.

Not knowing the poem has 9 clues doesn’t seem to me to be a big deal. Certainly many searchers figured out begin= begin. Not too hard to take a stab at cease= cease.
-.-..The keeper of the key