Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simplify
01-18-2018, 12:16 PM,
RE: Simplify
(01-17-2018, 08:19 PM)WhoisJohnGalt? Wrote: "Listen up and hear me good" was Forrest telling you to look at what he had to say. All he had to say was TTOTC.

Nonsense. Smile
Favorite ff quote: .... When these guys are making a mistake I don’t want to interrupt them. -Forrest Fenn
01-18-2018, 12:57 PM,
I disagree on the poem pointing towards the book.

I have asked Fenn in the past if, since the poem is on the internet, do you need the book at all to solve it.
He said no, you won't need the book if you already have the poem.
01-18-2018, 01:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-18-2018, 01:15 PM by Becky from WV.)
@filmguy - You believe that? FF told me the opposite. I'm sticking with the books TTOTC & TFTW, but if you only want to work from the poem ... more power to ya. No one here is a "poem purist". Those who say, "I only work with the poem" are mistaken. They also have the blogs, the stories online, the interviews, FF's statements, pictures, & many other avenues of info.

I hope everyone listens to & believes ... YOU. Please keep every searcher convinced that they ONLY need the poem. That will eliminate the competition for me. Go ahead, filmguy ... knock 'em down like ducks in a shooting gallery!

Please forgive me if I sound mean or sarcastic. That is NOT my intent. I believe with all my soul that TTOTC is necessary for solving the poem. Get the book, read the book, analyze the aberrations. It's the ONLY way!
01-18-2018, 01:50 PM,
(01-18-2018, 01:20 PM)FennMaster Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 12:57 PM)filmguy Wrote: I disagree on the poem pointing towards the book.

I have asked Fenn in the past if, since the poem is on the internet, do you need the book at all to solve it.
He said no, you won't need the book if you already have the poem.

That is so true. Smile

Need? He has said all you need is the poem. But, I didn’t see him say someone with only the poem is likely to solve it. Didn’t he say somewhere that the person likely to solve it will have read the book and poem multiple times? My take is you don’t “need” the book to solve the poem and similarily you don’t need a fishing line, hook, bait or a net to catch a fish but it sure as heck makes it a lot easier. There really isn’t a right answer. Someone could read the poem and perhaps just figure it all out eventually. Einstein figured out quite a few things. I guess you really just never know until you know. And none of us will know until someone actually does it.
01-18-2018, 03:07 PM,
Yes, because Fenn goes around talking with hidden meaning in every-day conversation.

Perhaps searchers need to simplify their thinking and not always look for words "hidden" within words and context.
01-18-2018, 03:19 PM,
becky from wv is correct ,no one is a poem purist ,if you were you would not even be here cause we post stuff from the book ,that right there taints any ones poem purist claim , now if you never been on any forum and only read the poem ,thats poem purist ,but name one person that done that
01-18-2018, 03:43 PM,
True. Maybe what a poem purist is really trying to say is they are trying to solve the poem only using the poem after having learned everything they could from the books.
01-18-2018, 06:41 PM,
Simplify
iS EVER DraWING NIGH

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
01-18-2018, 08:51 PM,
(01-18-2018, 08:31 PM)JP Wrote:
(01-18-2018, 01:14 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @filmguy - You believe that? FF told me the opposite. I'm sticking with the books TTOTC & TFTW, but if you only want to work from the poem ... more power to ya. No one here is a "poem purist". Those who say, "I only work with the poem" are mistaken. They also have the blogs, the stories online, the interviews, FF's statements, pictures, & many other avenues of info.

I hope everyone listens to & believes ... YOU. Please keep every searcher convinced that they ONLY need the poem. That will eliminate the competition for me. Go ahead, filmguy ... knock 'em down like ducks in a shooting gallery!

Please forgive me if I sound mean or sarcastic. That is NOT my intent. I believe with all my soul that TTOTC is necessary for solving the poem. Get the book, read the book, analyze the aberrations. It's the ONLY way!

B from WV,

I couldn't agree more. In order to get to the spot where he hid the TC, we NEED the book in addition to the poem. I believe the book explains an offset that we need once we solve it. That offset isn't available in the poem. Sure, we can solve it but we won't know EXACTLY where to go without that offset.
Even after writing Forrest this afternoon, I still believe we need both.

I wrote:
Mr. Fenn,
This is not a question of a hint. Rather a question of confirmation of a statement.
Personally, I believe the book is needed to solve the puzzle. However, on Chase Chat, someone said,
"I have asked Fenn in the past if, since the poem is on the internet, do you need the book at all to solve it.
He said no, you won't need the book if you already have the poem."
My question is whether or not you actually said that statement.
I'm not asking if it's true, just whether or not you actually said that.
Answer if you will.
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,

He responded:
Yes, I said that, but the book helps. f

I JP, I know not directed to me, but thought i would comment.

First the blogs are for entertainment.

There are poem purist and those who analyze everything, most are in between.

What fenn said in your email is what he said to the masses. The book helps.

Which is what I believe he does, consistent with all searchers when it comes to the chase and nothing secret in messages privately (IMO) as it relates to the Chase. Thank you for continuing to confirm that.

Kpro
Kpro3@aol.com
Forum.hintofriches.com
01-18-2018, 08:52 PM,
I read the book in its entirety just once. Then I just followed where he once was. Then I seen it my own mind.

An Indian Scout and A Saint