Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inside a "mine"
01-25-2018, 09:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-25-2018, 09:22 AM by thrilledtochase.)
RE: Inside a "mine"
(01-24-2018, 03:20 PM)Anna Graham Wrote: thrilled to chase

It is not in a mine, a cave or a tunnel. Early on in my chase, August 2016, I was under the misconception that it was in a cave. I held this belief because Fenn had repeatedly referred to his hiding place as a "den." I now understand the meaning of the word den. Search for the thread "help once more" by pidmt. In the thread there are multiple links to where Fenn said that it wasn't in a cave or mine. There is also a nice post by Beavertooth advising me on chase etiquette. Nobody here wants to see anyone else get hurt or die. Fenn has repeatedly said that the chest is not hidden in a dangerous place. Mines, caves and tunnels are all dangerous places. Please be careful out there.

I appreciate the advice! I didn't go in because I am not knowledgeable, and that certainly is dangerous. It took a lot of willpower to discover a mine via google earth and the Fenn poem and not go in. On a side note crawling on my stomach to look into the opening from the outside was beautiful. It's a flooded mine with heavy loads outside of it, with a shallow creek and a blaze that says tarry marvel gaze lol! And I still didn't go in. I fully understand the dangers so here I am...
01-25-2018, 10:22 AM,
RE: Inside a "mine"
(01-23-2018, 03:08 PM)JoeKing101 Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 02:21 PM)thrilledtochase Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 01:15 PM)JoeKing101 Wrote:
(01-23-2018, 12:31 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: @JoeKing101 - You asked: "Can i ask what methods you used to determine what fabricated?" I use intelligence & common sense.

You also asked: "Do you believe there's a chance the TC could be in Idaho or Utah?" Of course there's a chance. But the hints in TTOTC, TFTW, the scrapbook entries, & FF's numerous statements do NOT lead me to ID ot UT. They lead me to CO. Even if FF removed CO from the search area ... I would NOT change my solve. That's how sure I am.

Anything else?

Sorry but im not buying it. This is a prime example of conformation bias right here. You pick which quotes/info support your solve and will disregard others as being false. You say, "But the hints in TTOTC, TFTW, the scrapbook entries, & FF's numerous statements do NOT lead me to ID ot UT." But if he's known to lie how do you know anything in both books or those "statements" can be trusted? Being intelligent and using common sense are great tools but without evidence, you'll never be able to tell if he was truthful or not. Like this thread, FF has stated over and over again that its not in a mine or tunnel, what common sense am I lacking if I disregard them from my solve?

It's only a mine to the lay person (sadly myself). From what I gather a top shaft of a mine is not a mine. A tunnel is not a mine. And a tunnel is not a top shaft. If Fenn came out and listed the other 100 very specific sections of mining operations as off limits my theory holds no water...Fenn has mentioned mining operations as well as demonstrated highly specialized knowledge on the subject countless times. He might have chosen to be tricky with his wording; would THAT surprise any of you?

Youre trying to find wiggle room in a statement that's pretty straight forward. Maybe this will help;

-Not in a mine – (“The treasure is not hidden in a mine. A lotta these old mines are dangerous. I mean, they have snakes in ʼem, they have black widow spiders!” – CBS New Sunday Morning / July 12th, 2015)

-“The treasure is not in a tunnel someplace” – (Outside: Live Bravely – August 11, 2015)

-Not in a mine, tunnel, or cave-(http://dalneitzel.com/cheat-sheet/)

I also noticed Fenn has only mentioned mines tunnels and caves when he is asked for a clue and has done so on multiple occasions. Sneaky brilliant man lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You have your take. I have mine. TheLastCrusade 5 551 07-24-2018, 08:43 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  Fenn's DNA Hair inside the Chest... glock20 54 28,049 12-12-2017, 09:48 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Blaze inside the poem FollowMeDown 34 6,412 09-28-2017, 02:28 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Seeker, inside the mind of a searcher at work! will197532 4 1,976 06-02-2017, 05:34 AM
Last Post: n2mini
  Mindy's thread...MINE... Mindy 23 13,598 06-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Hat the heck is a mine lab 7000? Mindy 12 6,396 04-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Last Post: deb