Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm waters halt and the riddle
02-08-2018, 07:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018, 09:10 AM by realistrealist.)
RE: Warm waters halt and the riddle
I have very little doubt the first few clues are correct, I'll create more maps later. I just can't see the chest being South of Mount Norris as the hints end at The Thunderer. If he's hinting of treasures new, you'd expect the location of the chest to be within the bounds of the hints, not outside them. And if people have deduced the first two clues and gone right past clue 3, it'd likely be reasonably close to clue 2 as opposed to at the end of the road/canyon, again within the bounds of the hints. What it comes down to is, are the illustrations red herrings or aids? There are only 2 peaks in Yellowstone with somewhat religious ties if I looked correctly: Sepulcher and Abiathar (for boy sitting on grave in beneath/in front of peaking cross). Only one has anything within walking distance.

Perhaps it was already found and not reported.
--------------------------------
https://imgur.com/a/cfzZD
02-08-2018, 09:56 AM,
(02-08-2018, 07:31 AM)realistrealist Wrote: I have very little doubt the first few clues are correct, I'll create more maps later. I just can't see the chest being South of Mount Norris as the hints end at The Thunderer. If he's hinting of treasures new, you'd expect the location of the chest to be within the bounds of the hints, not outside them. And if people have deduced the first two clues and gone right past clue 3, it'd likely be reasonably close to clue 2 as opposed to at the end of the road/canyon, again within the bounds of the hints. What it comes down to is, are the illustrations red herrings or aids? There are only 2 peaks in Yellowstone with somewhat religious ties if I looked correctly: Sepulcher and Abiathar (for boy sitting on grave in beneath/in front of peaking cross). Only one has anything within walking distance.

Forrest has said to simplify, he made my day because the solve is simple up to clue 8.
I thought the blaze could be seen from GE, and was looking for that spot to see the blaze through the trees. As I searched the area I realized that there could multiple areas to see the blaze so I started a different search based on geology. I by accident discovered WWWH and have figured all 8 clues. I gave Forrest my first solve prior to his Nov 2. book signing. At that point I was going in the wrong direction and was close but after heavy loads you have you put your BOTG. I have discovered and told Forrest the 2 main hints from his book. I received both his books TTOTC and OUAW after disclosing my solve to him, he drew a special stick figure in my book of a female stick person chasing a male stick figure (coincidence maybe). Forrest has only e mailed me 1 time with regards to Cynthia’s structure comments. I told him I thought it wrong to give inside information to searchers and he favored females. His comment back to me is “I favor nobody”. One tip here if you go “In” a canyon you are actually going upstream. That tip will take you to HOB. I was kicked off Dals site in Nov. and also asked to be removed. I asked Dal twice to search with me and he refused. That’s my only reason that it could be a scam. If a guy that has over 60 searches under is belt. Why would he refuse to search with someone that has figured 8 clues out. He would rather do a total bullshit search with Cynthia? They didn’t even outline their clues. I made seven BOTG trips from Aug 2017 to Dec 2017. I knew the one trip with snowmobiles was just a recon trip but sent Forrest the picture of his Marvel gaze. I search thes blogs every day without comment. From what searchers day it sounds like two people from Dals site maybe closing in. One searcher is Birdie from Australia and the other is a guy from Scotland or Wales but not Vox. I had said that this summer I will spend at least a month searching the correct area, if not found I will disclose the complete three page solve that I sent to Forrest along with all the hints referencing the hidey spot. I really don’t care if I find the treasure or a hacker does. I’m searching for truth. And if it is true the extra gift in the box will make the finder extremely well off for quite along time after Forrest passes. This is all my opinion but he is giving the finder the rights to publishing his unauthorized autobiography. So there you go. I think I’m the gut feeling guy but only time will tell.
1trailblazer
By the way, the finder will not be able to disclose the location. Forrest has a great plan. Wise being the last clue.
02-08-2018, 10:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018, 12:55 PM by realistrealist.)
(02-08-2018, 09:56 AM)1trailblazer Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 07:31 AM)realistrealist Wrote: I have very little doubt the first few clues are correct, I'll create more maps later. I just can't see the chest being South of Mount Norris as the hints end at The Thunderer. If he's hinting of treasures new, you'd expect the location of the chest to be within the bounds of the hints, not outside them. And if people have deduced the first two clues and gone right past clue 3, it'd likely be reasonably close to clue 2 as opposed to at the end of the road/canyon, again within the bounds of the hints. What it comes down to is, are the illustrations red herrings or aids? There are only 2 peaks in Yellowstone with somewhat religious ties if I looked correctly: Sepulcher and Abiathar (for boy sitting on grave in beneath/in front of peaking cross). Only one has anything within walking distance.

Forrest has said to simplify, he made my day because the solve is simple up to clue 8.
I thought the blaze could be seen from GE, and was looking for that spot to see the blaze through the trees. As I searched the area I realized that there could multiple areas to see the blaze so I started a different search based on geology. I by accident discovered WWWH and have figured all 8 clues. I gave Forrest my first solve prior to his Nov 2. book signing. At that point I was going in the wrong direction and was close but after heavy loads you have you put your BOTG. I have discovered and told Forrest the 2 main hints from his book. I received both his books TTOTC and OUAW after disclosing my solve to him, he drew a special stick figure in my book of a female stick person chasing a male stick figure (coincidence maybe). Forrest has only e mailed me 1 time with regards to Cynthia’s structure comments. I told him I thought it wrong to give inside information to searchers and he favored females. His comment back to me is “I favor nobody”. One tip here if you go “In” a canyon you are actually going upstream. That tip will take you to HOB. I was kicked off Dals site in Nov. and also asked to be removed. I asked Dal twice to search with me and he refused. That’s my only reason that it could be a scam. If a guy that has over 60 searches under is belt. Why would he refuse to search with someone that has figured 8 clues out. He would rather do a total bullshit search with Cynthia? They didn’t even outline their clues. I made seven BOTG trips from Aug 2017 to Dec 2017. I knew the one trip with snowmobiles was just a recon trip but sent Forrest the picture of his Marvel gaze. I search thes blogs every day without comment. From what searchers day it sounds like two people from Dals site maybe closing in. One searcher is Birdie from Australia and the other is a guy from Scotland or Wales but not Vox. I had said that this summer I will spend at least a month searching the correct area, if not found I will disclose the complete three page solve that I sent to Forrest along with all the hints referencing the hidey spot. I really don’t care if I find the treasure or a hacker does. I’m searching for truth. And if it is true the extra gift in the box will make the finder extremely well off for quite along time after Forrest passes. This is all my opinion but he is giving the finder the rights to publishing his unauthorized autobiography. So there you go. I think I’m the gut feeling guy but only time will tell.
1trailblazer
By the way, the finder will not be able to disclose the location. Forrest has a great plan. Wise being the last clue.

All very neat. Are you saying he sent you books for free? Before or after talking about preferential treatment?

Dal is likely paid by Fenn as a mouthpiece and will not allow anything that is close to be posted to his website.

There is nothing definitive about going "in" a canyon. If your canyon is two successive peaks, then "in" will be upstream. If your canyon is a divide, it can be down or up so long as you start outside of the divide. Thank you for the geology comment - so the numerous stones and rocks on Beauty Creek would then be heavy (stream) loads and allude back to the numerous graves (and heavy thoughts of sadness) regarding the soldier's graves back by the waterfall.

There are other drawings he has done for other people - look at the Decall's images. He drew a series of 3 drawings. The final having 3-4 people dancing around a fire - 1 a girl/woman, another with a gun, and another 1-2 with nothing.

I've wondered if I were in Fenn's position how everything would end. The most I could reach was an NDA for rights to some portion of estate in exchange for chest (which would then go to a museum). If it is indeed on National Park land, it's all designed as a trap. If you want to keep the chest you can't say where you found it because the National Park will fight you to turn it over and then ask Fenn what to do with it. You can argue the poem is a legal title document all you want, but I don't know if that'd fly in court. If you do decide to declare where it was found and turn it over to the National Park, you are at the mercy of Fenn. If it was already found, could the people that found it wait until Fenn died to get over the legal challenge of who owns it? He suggested putting it in a safety box to likely mull over the decision on what to do.

It kind of puts you in his shoes with respect to perhaps his big secret - disclosing if there were bones where he dug and if so where are they? (this is what other people have said, just saying).
02-08-2018, 11:17 AM,
Only the finder will know for sure.
I hope it’s someone this summer, I need a new addiction lol
This has taken way to much of my time. Have fun
02-08-2018, 11:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018, 11:29 AM by realistrealist.)
(02-08-2018, 11:17 AM)1trailblazer Wrote: Only the finder will know for sure.
I hope it’s someone this summer, I need a new addiction lol
This has taken way to much of my time. Have fun

lol, et toi. I'm having fun on here and officially not doing another BOTG.

I'd bet it's already been found - but that's just me Smile
02-08-2018, 11:41 AM,
I think you could be right and had thought it had been found as well and by Dal. Lol anyway we are planning our summer trip around it, so I can post the solve. We like to camp and hike and hate to say it but when your hunting for treasure, it is not easy to focus on the surrounding beauty when your heads under a rock. I started the search last August and end of July will be the end of Forrest Fenn and on with some good hiking. I told him once he should have put the treasure further out then a afternoon walk for a 80 year old man. I feel like one of my boots have been nailed down and walking in circles.
02-08-2018, 02:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018, 02:44 PM by 1trailblazer.)
[quote="realistrealist" pid='190836' dateline='1518104430']
[quote="1trailblazer" pid='190828' dateline='1518101764']
[quote="realistrealist" pid='190822' dateline='1518093099']
I have very little doubt the first few clues are correct, I'll create more maps later. I just can't see the chest being South of Mount Norris as the hints end at The Thunderer. If he's hinting of treasures new, you'd expect the location of the chest to be within the bounds of the hints, not outside them. And if people have deduced the first two clues and gone right past clue 3, it'd likely be reasonably close to clue 2 as opposed to at the end of the road/canyon, again within the bounds of the hints. What it comes down to is, are the illustrations red herrings or aids? There are only 2 peaks in Yellowstone with somewhat religious ties if I looked correctly: Sepulcher and Abiathar (for boy sitting on grave in beneath/in front of peaking cross). Only one has anything within walking distance.

[/quote]

1trailblazer
[/quote]

All very neat. Are you saying he sent you books for free? Before or after talking about preferential treatment?

Dal is likely paid by Fenn as a mouthpiece and will not allow anything that is close to be posted to his website.

There is nothing definitive about going "in" a canyon. If your canyon is two successive peaks, then "in" will be upstream. If your canyon is a divide, it can be down or up so long as you start outside of the divide. Thank you for the geology comment - so the numerous stones and rocks on Beauty Creek would then be heavy (stream) loads and allude back to the numerous graves (and heavy thoughts of sadness) regarding the soldier's graves back by the waterfall.

There are other drawings he has done for other people - look at the Decall's images. He drew a series of 3 drawings. The final having 3-4 people dancing around a fire - 1 a girl/woman, another with a gun, and another 1-2 with nothing.

I've wondered if I were in Fenn's position how everything would end. The most I could reach was an NDA for rights to some portion of estate in exchange for chest (which would then go to a museum). If it is indeed on National Park land, it's all designed as a trap. If you want to keep the chest you can't say where you found it because the National Park will fight you to turn it over and then ask Fenn what to do with it. You can argue the poem is a legal title document all you want, but I don't know if that'd fly in court. If you do decide to declare where it was found and turn it over to the National Park, you are at the mercy of Fenn. If it was already found, could the people that found it wait until Fenn died to get over the legal challenge of who owns it? He suggested putting it in a safety box to likely mull over the decision on what to do.

It kind of puts you in his shoes with respect to perhaps his big secret - disclosing if there were bones where he dug and if so where are they? (this is what other people have said, just saying).
[/quote]

I did pay for the books, don’t I wish I got preferential treatment. Males only get a nod the female searchers get more if you believe the blogs. Debaters to say the least.

[quote="realistrealist" pid='190822' dateline='1518093099']

[/quoted

Does your solve pertain to religion or religious aspects? I have some ideas.
02-08-2018, 02:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018, 03:06 PM by realistrealist.)

[/quoted

This is from the paper I wrote, perhaps the one "BirdieB" based her solve from, lol.

Forrest frequently mentions crosses and religion in his writings and book. Forrest names the treasure chest indulgence seemingly telling you exactly where it is located. The Catholic Church came up with the idea of indulgences and the practice of “selling” them eventually led to the Protestant Reformation. Indulgences were paid to the church as a way to offset the sins a person committed over the course of their life in order to get into heaven. By referring to the treasure chest as indulgence and telling the audience of TTOTC that his church is in the mountains, he is explicitly describing a mountain with religious significance – notably of Christian (Biblical) significance. Coincidentally, an anagram of the word indulgence is “ending clue” and it lines up with the final clue, Abiathar Peak. The final chapter of TTOTC talks about Forrest’s father’s funeral ceremony at a church which takes place in Temple, TX.

TTOTC also includes a picture of Forrest playing marbles. The game he is playing is Ringer in which marbles are placed in a cross configuration before the game starts. It’s believed that most of the pictures in the book drill down the location of the treasure chest. The marbles picture potentially points the audience to look at the religious connotations later in the book or it could simply be referring to Yellowstone – in the second case the three marbles remaining would signify the last three super volcanoes to occur in the US with the circle signifying the US. An important note about marbles and religious significance is that marbles season is considered to start on Ash Wednesday and last until Good Friday.55 Many have believed that the chapter in TTOTC named “Tea with Olga” is extremely important in determining the correct location of the chest. The name Olga itself is derived from the Norse word for “holy.”56 This could be hinting at Abiathar again or it may simply be adding to the religious theme and directing a reader’s attention to Christianity.

Olga from TTOTC has a last name of Svoboda which is translated as “freedom.”57 An interesting tidbit is that Saint Olga is known for “the obliteration” and enslavement of the Drevlians (whose name happens to mean “wood” or “tree”58) after they had killed her husband Igor of Kiev.59 She was able to essentially free herself and her people from the Drevlian uprising and ruled with the support of her people and military which tenuously may connect to Republic Mountain.

Also in TTOTC and in the chapter “My War for Me,” Forrest describes an inscription on a French grave just as he is leaving which says, “If you should ever think of me when I have passed this vale, and wish to please my ghost, forgive a singer and smile at a homely girl.”60 This inscription is again referring to forgiveness and the story above regarding paying his debt to the waterfall and clearing is likely tying back into the name of the treasure chest being indulgence.

Also, not from that excerpt, in Ringer, you are shooting the marble across the taw line ("Beaten" Path Trail to Yellowstone - 3 marbles for 3 calderas).

There's more, but I got tired of writing and mentioned the other pieces elsewhere. Red Cross plane home, Peeking Cross in graveyard, etc.

People take one look and say TLDR. And obviously I no longer consider Abiathar Peak the final clue, but rather a hint, but it happens to be the one closest to the physical location IMO. Go in peace I believe places it on the back of those mountains somewhere near that picnic spot as opposed to somewhere farther into the park where others have extensively searched. You can't cross the creek until late-July, but there are a number of spots that are alluded to in the book.

You don't need to know any of the history or hints to solve the clues, but they sure help in nailing down a general area on the map. One of the last things I didn't quite get was the importance of tires and rubber - it seemed like an extraneous detail with regards to the gypsy wagons.
02-08-2018, 03:07 PM,
(02-08-2018, 02:49 PM)realistrealist Wrote:

[/quoted

This is from the paper I wrote, perhaps the one "BirdieB" based her solve from, lol.

Forrest frequently mentions crosses and religion in his writings and book. Forrest names the treasure chest indulgence seemingly telling you exactly where it is located. The Catholic Church came up with the idea of indulgences and the practice of “selling” them eventually led to the Protestant Reformation. Indulgences were paid to the church as a way to offset the sins a person committed over the course of their life in order to get into heaven. By referring to the treasure chest as indulgence and telling the audience of TTOTC that his church is in the mountains, he is explicitly describing a mountain with religious significance – notably of Christian (Biblical) significance. Coincidentally, an anagram of the word indulgence is “ending clue” and it lines up with the final clue, Abiathar Peak. The final chapter of TTOTC talks about Forrest’s father’s funeral ceremony at a church which takes place in Temple, TX.

TTOTC also includes a picture of Forrest playing marbles. The game he is playing is Ringer in which marbles are placed in a cross configuration before the game starts. It’s believed that most of the pictures in the book drill down the location of the treasure chest. The marbles picture potentially points the audience to look at the religious connotations later in the book or it could simply be referring to Yellowstone – in the second case the three marbles remaining would signify the last three super volcanoes to occur in the US with the circle signifying the US. An important note about marbles and religious significance is that marbles season is considered to start on Ash Wednesday and last until Good Friday.55 Many have believed that the chapter in TTOTC named “Tea with Olga” is extremely important in determining the correct location of the chest. The name Olga itself is derived from the Norse word for “holy.”56 This could be hinting at Abiathar again or it may simply be adding to the religious theme and directing a reader’s attention to Christianity.

Olga from TTOTC has a last name of Svoboda which is translated as “freedom.”57 An interesting tidbit is that Saint Olga is known for “the obliteration” and enslavement of the Drevlians (whose name happens to mean “wood” or “tree”58) after they had killed her husband Igor of Kiev.59 She was able to essentially free herself and her people from the Drevlian uprising and ruled with the support of her people and military which tenuously may connect to Republic Mountain.

Also in TTOTC and in the chapter “My War for Me,” Forrest describes an inscription on a French grave just as he is leaving which says, “If you should ever think of me when I have passed this vale, and wish to please my ghost, forgive a singer and smile at a homely girl.”60 This inscription is again referring to forgiveness and the story above regarding paying his debt to the waterfall and clearing is likely tying back into the name of the treasure chest being indulgence.

Also, not from that excerpt, in Ringer, you are shooting the marble across the taw line ("Beaten" Path Trail to Yellowstone - 3 marbles for 3 calderas).

There's more, but I got tired of writing and mentioned the other pieces elsewhere. Red Cross plane home, Peeking Cross in graveyard, etc.

Did you ever look into Kurt Wise, he is a creationist and well known regarding the facts of the 27 stacked up ancient forests in Yellowstone. Which some scientists believe disproves the story of the Noah flood. I think the if you’ve been wise may have something to do with Kurt Wise and creation. The “bow” being the rainbow shape of past volcanic activity. Geologists call it the “bow”. You may have already researched this but I think petrified trees may have something to do with the solve.
02-08-2018, 03:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2018, 03:32 PM by realistrealist.)
(02-08-2018, 03:07 PM)1trailblazer Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 02:49 PM)realistrealist Wrote:

[/quoted

Did you ever look into Kurt Wise, he is a creationist and well known regarding the facts of the 27 stacked up ancient forests in Yellowstone. Which some scientists believe disproves the story of the Noah flood. I think the if you’ve been wise may have something to do with Kurt Wise and creation. The “bow” being the rainbow shape of past volcanic activity. Geologists call it the “bow”. You may have already researched this but I think petrified trees may have something to do with the solve.

I know a few others are looking in that area (they are very quiet about it, but hint at it a little bit).

"end of my rainbow" precedes the poem and if you look at where the Beaten Path Trail (which I thought was clue 1 with poem starting stanza 5 - but likely just a hint like Abiathar) begins... it passes right by Rainbow Lake. When I first started looking one of my guesses was that the Beaten Path Trail may have been the detour his father took him on on their way back from YS - believe it's 50 miles roundtrip and ends in Cooke City which I believe has/had a one-room school.

I didn't look into Kurt, but I'll take a read in a little bit.

Also, the fact he said his gut tells him it'll be found in summer more lines up with a solve based on the closed winter roads of YS. If you look through old posts, the only thing that leads me to Petrified Forrest is with solve involving taking a different route through the poem based on using a key "IDEA." If you look quickly South of that area, you can't really see down to Devil's Den which was the final clue with that solve.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Word Puzzle/Riddle knighterrant 7 1,029 01-27-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: PragueCastle
  About Riddle Stories monkeyking 1 408 01-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Last Post: astree
  why warm waters? mdc777 50 7,684 10-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: hawkeye
  Where Warm Waters Halt tomwhat 29 6,251 09-28-2017, 09:57 AM
Last Post: FennMaster