Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm waters halt and the riddle
02-09-2018, 12:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018, 12:42 AM by realistrealist.)
RE: Warm waters halt and the riddle
(02-08-2018, 03:07 PM)1trailblazer Wrote: Did you ever look into Kurt Wise, he is a creationist and well known regarding the facts of the 27 stacked up ancient forests in Yellowstone. Which some scientists believe disproves the story of the Noah flood. I think the if you’ve been wise may have something to do with Kurt Wise and creation. The “bow” being the rainbow shape of past volcanic activity. Geologists call it the “bow”. You may have already researched this but I think petrified trees may have something to do with the solve.

Also, I just read through IllinoisGhost's Scrapbooks for what Mindy was mentioning. I noticed Scrapbook 109 in 2014 - someone was pretty sure of the correct general area and FF posted the email to Dal's. In it, "Silverware" and "cross to bear" had odd quotation marks. The scrapbook also revolved around stacking forks. Believe he had settled on Clark's Fork, Silver Gate, Beartooths, and Abiathar.
--------------------------------
Orange Ute, Adee Sphincter?
02-09-2018, 09:10 AM,
That was scrapbook 108, 109 is about the Clovis tips. Do you think Forrest put the quotation marks or JB the writer of the e mail did. Sounds like he was telling Forrest, cross to bear has some meaning to his solve. I think it all points to Yellowstone. I actually think the key word is Yellowstone. As well as the grave stone shape rock that I think is the blaze, it is also colored “yellow” the same color as the Yellow colored Yellowstone tuff. I’m not sure if Wise the paleontologist has any meaning except that places him in Yellowstone exploring the beginning of life. In my opinion And maybe in Forrest’s opinion life began in Yellowstone. Water is life and it all flows West to the Columbia River and east to the Missouri and Mississippi. The flow out of Yellowstone is new life. Forrest enjoyed that blast of energy from his ejection seat so much he wanted Yellowstone to give him one more blast, the ultimate energy blast destroying the North American continent and possibly mankind.
02-09-2018, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018, 10:49 AM by realistrealist.)
(02-09-2018, 09:10 AM)1trailblazer Wrote: That was scrapbook 108, 109 is about the Clovis tips. Do you think Forrest put the quotation marks or JB the writer of the e mail did. Sounds like he was telling Forrest, cross to bear has some meaning to his solve. I think it all points to Yellowstone. I actually think the key word is Yellowstone. As well as the grave stone shape rock that I think is the blaze, it is also colored “yellow” the same color as the Yellow colored Yellowstone tuff. I’m not sure if Wise the paleontologist has any meaning except that places him in Yellowstone exploring the beginning of life. In my opinion And maybe in Forrest’s opinion life began in Yellowstone. Water is life and it all flows West to the Columbia River and east to the Missouri and Mississippi. The flow out of Yellowstone is new life. Forrest enjoyed that blast of energy from his ejection seat so much he wanted Yellowstone to give him one more blast, the ultimate energy blast destroying the North American continent and possibly mankind.

Believe it was JB that did it to show he "knew" something.

fundare "to lay the bottom or foundation" of something, from fundus "bottom, foundation"

and blaze for mostly all definitions refers to a white mark/spot or burst of light.

Should probably be looking for a white mark on tree/rock wall/etc. at the foundation of something. If that's true, you'd probably have to dig a little bit?
02-09-2018, 12:10 PM,
Your definition fits my solve but most anything does, lol
One of my eye catchers to look for within my general search area, is a rock structure that possibly is split creating a passage to place his body. Yet the passage or “strait” as Fenn has defined as going straight to it is at the base of a cliff (foundation as you will). It may be covered with lichens on the north side as Fenn has defined the colors in one of his SB’s. He can place his body down into the crack without any chance of bears disturbing him, the 30 foot deep crack is just wide enough for a skinny old man to slide down into. He has said that even John Wilkes booth and Oswald will be forgotten, yet he doesn’t want to be forgotten. My deduction is it is not a scam because even a hoax would be forgotten. He wants his legacy to be buried within the piled up ash that we all will left when Yellowstone blows. If he is in a deep crack the hot ash will blow over his body and leave him mummified like Wises petrified trees. In geological time he will be found as the other creatures and man have been found from previous eruptions. That is one of the double entendres for the end is drawing nigh. I’m pretty sure it blows big every 600 to 800 thousand years and it’s been 640,000 since the last one and like old faithful, Forrest knows it’s coming his way. So how’s that for imagination. I still think I’m the gut feeling but so does 20 more.HaHa
1trailblazer
02-09-2018, 12:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018, 01:23 PM by realistrealist.)
(02-09-2018, 12:10 PM)1trailblazer Wrote: Your definition fits my solve but most anything does, lol
One of my eye catchers to look for within my general search area, is a rock structure that possibly is split creating a passage to place his body. Yet the passage or “strait” as Fenn has defined as going straight to it is at the base of a cliff (foundation as you will). It may be covered with lichens on the north side as Fenn has defined the colors in one of his SB’s. He can place his body down into the crack without any chance of bears disturbing him, the 30 foot deep crack is just wide enough for a skinny old man to slide down into. He has said that even John Wilkes booth and Oswald will be forgotten, yet he doesn’t want to be forgotten. My deduction is it is not a scam because even a hoax would be forgotten. He wants his legacy to be buried within the piled up ash that we all will left when Yellowstone blows. If he is in a deep crack the hot ash will blow over his body and leave him mummified like Wises petrified trees. In geological time he will be found as the other creatures and man have been found from previous eruptions. That is one of the double entendres for the end is drawing nigh. I’m pretty sure it blows big every 600 to 800 thousand years and it’s been 640,000 since the last one and like old faithful, Forrest knows it’s coming his way. So how’s that for imagination. I still think I’m the gut feeling but so does 20 more.HaHa
1trailblazer

Very interesting lol, someone posted about the definition of one of the words being a split between rocks I think? Maybe I'm thinking of the misspelling of treasure as tressure (small inlet on a shield).

Well, look up the derivations of "gut." Then "found." Both can mean "to pour." And he likes talking about his foundry. Raining at borders twice. Two Texas roadmaps during rainy season. Etc. It's one of the two things that have evaded me :/
02-09-2018, 01:39 PM,
Not sure, I seriously have spun my head around everything discussed on the blogs and the poem by itself and Fenns past is what I’m trying to make the solve out of. I honestly think it is very simple and my solve is a map with no deviation. The clues came to an intersection and I took the wrong turn. Even though when you reach that intersection, Forrest is standing there like scarecrow with arrows in 3 different directions. I thought I had it figured out early fall but when you get to that intersection it’s an Easter egg hunt. With BOTG each time I see a bit more and by not posting since November but listening I’ve learned more hints that could find the blaze. I have told Forrest everything so I know his comment about not getting solves is incorrect, but he means he’s not been given the exact spot. It is there and the little bit of treasure he has left is just the tip of the iceberg. He has said he won’t write another book, he never said he wouldn’t publish another book. His special gift is authorizing the finder to have his unauthorized autobiography published. More then likely with the help of Preston. The finder can not disclose area because its in Yellowstone. This being my crazy opinion.
1trailblazer
02-09-2018, 04:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018, 04:32 PM by realistrealist.)
(02-09-2018, 01:39 PM)1trailblazer Wrote: Not sure, I seriously have spun my head around everything discussed on the blogs and the poem by itself and Fenns past is what I’m trying to make the solve out of. I honestly think it is very simple and my solve is a map with no deviation. The clues came to an intersection and I took the wrong turn. Even though when you reach that intersection, Forrest is standing there like scarecrow with arrows in 3 different directions. I thought I had it figured out early fall but when you get to that intersection it’s an Easter egg hunt. With BOTG each time I see a bit more and by not posting since November but listening I’ve learned more hints that could find the blaze. I have told Forrest everything so I know his comment about not getting solves is incorrect, but he means he’s not been given the exact spot. It is there and the little bit of treasure he has left is just the tip of the iceberg. He has said he won’t write another book, he never said he wouldn’t publish another book. His special gift is authorizing the finder to have his unauthorized autobiography published. More then likely with the help of Preston. The finder can not disclose area because its in Yellowstone. This being my crazy opinion.
1trailblazer

Haha, I was certain of the correct spot last year. If you want to hear a crazier story - and I know everyone thinks they are being given hints - I found out about the chase about a year ago. And I was certain of the area within 7 days. I sent FF an e-mail that was somewhat taunting in nature saying so and how I was surprised no one else found it. I pressed a bit with additional e-mails as I found out more and told him I was sending the information to local businesses. Over the next week and a half, he let out his deluge of scrapbooks which all contained, what I thought of, as confirmatory hints. I thought I may have successfully ticked him off by bastardizing the chase (giving out information and allowing it to be a walk in the park for someone local) while also being a noob. Some have noted his connection to searchers and at the time I thought it was his way of setting off a bomb to tell the few people that were convinced of the same area that it was up there while believing a dick and noob like me wouldn't care or know to read his scrapbooks. Obviously this is not true, but it ran through my mind. After 10 were released I sent another e-mail thanking him for the confirmation and he stopped posting after 1 more - likely because of the book he was to release. Soon after, there was a deluge of very oddly detailed e-mails that started to get posted to MW. If you looked at the comment section of the posts - they were pointing people to what is perceived to be the correct general area (YS).

The final series of e-mails leading to his appearance at Fenboree are what prompted me to take a trip. This one I found odd and may relate to your yellow stone theory - http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...gs-please/

I was convinced it was on the creek (Beauty) named after La Belle et La Bete. The e-mail was written by Bette LaFann and many assumed Fenn wrote the whole exchange. It appeared to be a play on letters... remove a "T" and you get "Bete", substitute "L" for the "T"s and you get "Belle." Proceeding you have the "La." And Fann is a variant of the name Fenn. Based on a quick search there isn't a Bette LaFann in the US, but I'm sure at least one person in the world has the name.

Then there are many things people noted in the comments, as pdenver noted the simple connections: "stage name" and "ring ear rings" - Amphitheater, canaries are yellow and two rings = two loops of Yellowstone. But then you can keep making connections with confirmation bias. Two rings = marry to map - Bridal Falls/Beauty-Beast. No "catsup" when previous e-mail mentioned it + missing cats like illustrations in TTOTC = Birdie Brown. Canary - in a coal mine - yellow + stone.

Anyways, it is likely he was tired of the chase as he said and too many crazies were stalking him. The one from Canada I think may have prompted him to do something. Then there were threats to family. So meh, hopefully someone gets it in the summer.
02-09-2018, 05:56 PM,
Realist,
Thanks for the story. I hope it is found this summer as well. It’s been crazy. Made seven trips in 5 months. 10 hour drive one way. Camped twice, hotel the other times. Rented snowmobiles in December and swore I knew where it was based on one of his SB stories. Found what probably was an old bear or wolve den under a 15 foot tall rock. I spent an hour 8 feet under a rock digging out leaves, boulders, and mice nests. When I finally crawled out my girlfriend started laughing because my face was black with musty dust and had black rings around my nostrils. There could have been a story of a searcher dead from hauntivirus. Lol When I crawled from the darkness and shut off my headlamp, I said to myself “your an idiot”. But I’m sure I’ll be doing it again. But by end of summer I’m done with the chase. Think friends and family are becoming worried. Ha
Have a good one
1trailblazer
02-09-2018, 06:09 PM,
(02-09-2018, 05:56 PM)1trailblazer Wrote: Realist,
Thanks for the story. I hope it is found this summer as well. It’s been crazy. Made seven trips in 5 months. 10 hour drive one way. Camped twice, hotel the other times. Rented snowmobiles in December and swore I knew where it was based on one of his SB stories. Found what probably was an old bear or wolve den under a 15 foot tall rock. I spent an hour 8 feet under a rock digging out leaves, boulders, and mice nests. When I finally crawled out my girlfriend started laughing because my face was black with musty dust and had black rings around my nostrils. There could have been a story of a searcher dead from hauntivirus. Lol When I crawled from the darkness and shut off my headlamp, I said to myself “your an idiot”. But I’m sure I’ll be doing it again. But by end of summer I’m done with the chase. Think friends and family are becoming worried. Ha
Have a good one
1trailblazer

Lmao, that's why I stopped at 2. I swore once and not going to break another promise to be smacked by mother nature or Fenn again.

You too, take care.
02-12-2018, 05:25 PM,
I think that solving the first clue may have some bearing on solving the last clue and that is why he often says that you must follow the clues in order. There are puzzles to solve. It's important to know which puzzle he is referring to when he gives out hints. Preston probably doesn't know the exact spot but he knows a lot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Where Does Warm Waters Halt? OH! 6 204 1 hour ago
Last Post: OH!
  Word Puzzle/Riddle knighterrant 7 838 01-27-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: PragueCastle
  About Riddle Stories monkeyking 1 347 01-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Last Post: astree
  why warm waters? mdc777 50 6,064 10-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: hawkeye
  I'm new here. Can someone tell me where warm waters halt? FollowMeDown 46 7,046 10-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Surf
  Where Warm Waters Halt tomwhat 29 5,152 09-28-2017, 09:57 AM
Last Post: FennMaster