Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warm waters halt and the riddle
02-12-2018, 05:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 11:54 PM by realistrealist.)
RE: Warm waters halt and the riddle
(02-12-2018, 05:25 PM)Buddy Allen Wrote: I think that solving the first clue may have some bearing on solving the last clue and that is why he often says that you must follow the clues in order. There are puzzles to solve. It's important to know which puzzle he is referring to when he gives out hints. Preston probably doesn't know the exact spot but he knows a lot.

Yea, I never put it fully together.

Was looking at what diggins said the other day and thought, huh. What if you begin it where one warm waters halt and end where another begins. With this solve beginning where Gulf of Mexico waters end in park county and ending in warm creek, where they also begin/end in opposing park county. Or it could all begin and end on same creek but in opposing park counties. Idk, but I'm confident someone will figure it all out.

trailblazer, this is the final map from our search area: https://imgur.com/a/Y0yQC

Partner went up to the waterfall in late-March last year - waterfall was completely covered in snow (crevice is 25 feet high and was turned into a small hill). He went by himself and fell through the snowpack a few times on a difficult journey up. The locals or Rangers, not sure who, had placed a wooden plank bridge across the Soda Butte during the winter and low flow. Everything was covered in multiple feet of snow; however, so if you weren't led right to the spot or the blaze wasn't visible aside from the ground, you wouldn't be able to see anything at that time (likely not until late May-June).

I met up with him in late May and we crossed the Soda Butte on a tree spanning 25 feet across the creek - it was the only way over. The trip up the creek to the waterfall was difficult, but the unnamed falls were partially revealed. Partner climbed up the snow boulder and checked the second ledge (what we thought was the so called "window") and water was too deep. He also checked the base, but couldn't get past the small area where the water was coming down due to how hard it was coming down. We decided to resolve to come back one more time. We didn't check the secondary parts that I had marked on the map (I was dead tired and the hill/path wasn't appealing).

After getting back and reading more, I saw Mindy's blog showing page 99. I took a look through the pictures I took in the mountains and one matched, to me, the scenery of the photo. That's when I looked on the right side of the wall for any symbols and saw the "CA" "D" and "X." I believe I messaged FF around this time saying I didn't believe it was at the waterfall anymore - this was after the first chase death of the season I believe when the Sheriff in SF was saying it should be ended - and a week or so later he released the Rio Grande + not underwater statement (from what I recall).

We went back in middle July (red path) and there was no way to get across the Soda Butte Creek - I'm not a strong swimmer and I was feeling desperately ill (Lyme fever). The trees we had passed in May were swept away. We took a short look over the waterfall to the East along the Soda Butte Creek, but didn't see anything too striking... the only spot was a small rock overhang (not more than a foot and a half - two feet) with water flowing into and out of it along the unnamed creek - I wasn't jumping in the water because we still thought we were going to cross the Soda Butte at that point and I didn't want to get wet.

As we were leaving I (desperately) thought I saw a whiteish stone on the other side (North) of the road where Warm Creek is. I tried walking to it, but got lost when in the brush and ended up leaving with soggy feet. There is a 0.00000001% chance it was anything as you'd look like a damned fool walking into the middle of that area with so many people around (and it was above our home of Brown).

It looks like the photographer who took the snapshot of the unnamed falls (and led me there) ended up taking a trip up there in late July after us. I gave him everything I had, and since he never messaged me after, I assume there was nothing by the waterfall or under the carving on the rocks. I just found out he went up last week when looking back through his photos. If you look at page 99, the "X" is behind a small bush. The only other place it could possibly be in that waterfall area IMO is underground by the small tree - but FF had made statements that contradict the area - so I assume it's the wrong ending point and the correct ending point is elsewhere in a field closer to creek base (assuming the general area is correct). If there is a trick in the poem; however, you could end up back inside Yellowstone closer to Tower Junction and down towards Devil's Den region. Most of the orange spots are 200-500 feet from the road, don't believe anyone checked the blue circle across the water, but clue don't really direct there; was just odd the circle matches gypsy magic field size and thought there may be something in the middle.

I'm on the East Coast and don't plan on coming back out for the Chase. I don't know if I'm a hiking type of person and I have a fear of heights lol - the views in Yellowstone and up above Cooke City, while stunning, amp up my adrenaline a little too much for my already anxious personality.

Promise I won't post this long story again lol. I was just hoping my failure would lead to someone else's success.
--------------------------------
Orange Ute, Adee Sphincter?
02-14-2018, 01:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 01:12 PM by 1trailblazer.)
Realist, could Forrest had made it through what you described at 80 with 22 lbs on his back twice. Your adventure appeared a bit challenging. Would he had laughed after that hike?

But awesome solve and attempt.
Boot tracks all over the ground...in a circle
02-14-2018, 01:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 02:13 PM by realistrealist.)
(02-14-2018, 01:11 PM)1trailblazer Wrote: Realist, could Forrest had made it through what you described at 80 with 22 lbs on his back twice. Your adventure appeared a bit challenging. Would he had laughed after that hike?

But awesome solve and attempt.

I figured 3/4 mile hike with no snow and low water in September wouldn't be bad for someone used to those altitudes with additional 20 lbs. I also got only 7 hours of rest before the climb... starting from 0 feet above sea level and arriving late the night before - 7 hours min too few for adjusting. There are many really old hikers that can do things that I can't lol. I've seen a 60-year old's photos up creek from that area. Making the trip twice does seem like quite a feat.

Grazie, was an awesome view at the top. Now looks like the other dude's were correct, title to the gold is right by the home of Brown and Little Gidding provides the understanding for figuring out the correct way to read the poem.
02-14-2018, 02:37 PM,
Are you referring to the headwaters in Little Gidding? I wasn’t questioning your ability at all, lol Would you make another trip out if you had better evidence of being correct of your solve or any other solve?
Boot tracks all over the ground...in a circle
02-14-2018, 03:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 03:28 PM by realistrealist.)
(02-14-2018, 02:37 PM)1trailblazer Wrote: Are you referring to the headwaters in Little Gidding? I wasn’t questioning your ability at all, lol Would you make another trip out if you had better evidence of being correct of your solve or any other solve?

Not the headwaters as it was written about England. The method for understanding/solving the poem. I always thought the TS Eliot poem was referring to the entrance and exit to the park... To know for the first time is to explore the park and exit from where you came. The just so just so in the poem vexxed me until the post today and I decided to read it. The backwards bike and other allusions seem to point to the new understanding.

I wouldn't go back out even if I had stone cold lockdown on position (I don't believe that's attainable either way). And at this point I feel like an ass for crying wolf lol. The only thing I believe has been correctly established is the primary starting area (hints establish a "confidence" interval). The rest is all up to interpretation. I don't believe there are GPS coordinates in the poem.
02-14-2018, 03:47 PM,
I'll step out on a flimsy limb here and say the biggest challenge we searchers face in figuring out where to begin is, IMO, with the comma in the first line of the second stanza!!

OO
02-14-2018, 03:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 04:10 PM by realistrealist.)
(02-14-2018, 03:47 PM)OmeOmy Wrote: I'll step out on a flimsy limb here and say the biggest challenge we searchers face in figuring out where to begin is, IMO, with the comma in the first line of the second stanza!!

OO

Yep, I flip flop between two and I'm sure many others do too. If the poem is designed with idea spelling things out I believe the correct interpretation is really... "Begin it in the canyon down where warm waters halt, and take it..." which might make "put in" the real final clue.

I'd just laugh... if he placed the chest by a creek called Warm Creek in an area he heavily wrote about in his book and had people looking for 7 years when it was right there in front of them. Then I'd cry a little for walking in the middle of it and not going to it's end lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Where Does Warm Waters Halt? OH! 6 202 1 hour ago
Last Post: OH!
  Word Puzzle/Riddle knighterrant 7 838 01-27-2018, 05:14 PM
Last Post: PragueCastle
  About Riddle Stories monkeyking 1 347 01-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Last Post: astree
  why warm waters? mdc777 50 6,064 10-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Last Post: hawkeye
  I'm new here. Can someone tell me where warm waters halt? FollowMeDown 46 7,046 10-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Surf
  Where Warm Waters Halt tomwhat 29 5,152 09-28-2017, 09:57 AM
Last Post: FennMaster