Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blaze line is past tense
02-10-2018, 05:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2018, 05:41 PM by Chris Yates.)
blaze line is past tense
i know sometimes people say they can't understand half of what i'm saying

so i wanted to discuss something that i think is important

and what the poem is doing imo is not complicated if you can see the big picture

it is something that makes sense when you understand what the poem is as a whole (and the clue path too)

why is the blaze line past tense?

it is because when you get to that line, finding the blaze is something you've already done

there is more to it than that, but i'll start there

that may seem like a basic conclusion. not something too difficult to figure out right?

however, you need to know what the blaze is and where you will be going from there, to truly understand why that basic concept is so important. imo

and, imo, if you have that understanding, a correct solve to that level, you will realize why anyone saying the treasure is at the blaze is 100% incorrect

Generally speaking, I've Been the unmitigated Master of Posting hints.

Please don't tell the kids. http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZW_5zrHktj0/Tn...temple.jpg
02-10-2018, 05:55 PM,
RE: blaze line is past tense
I have gone back and forth regarding the blaze issue. At first I thought it was at or very neat the treasure. Then I thought that look quickly down referred to the remainder of the poem...to go from the blaze to the chest. Now I think that similar to what you are expressing, that finding the blaze is about having solved the previous clues, which leads from heavy loads to waters high which is the point that you look down from to see the next location...
02-10-2018, 07:27 PM,
so the last 2 stanzas take you from the blaze to the chest?
02-10-2018, 07:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2018, 07:53 PM by realistrealist.)
(02-10-2018, 05:39 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: i know sometimes people say they can't understand half of what i'm saying

so i wanted to discuss something that i think is important

and what the poem is doing imo is not complicated if you can see the big picture

it is something that makes sense when you understand what the poem is as a whole (and the clue path too)

why is the blaze line past tense?

it is because when you get to that line, finding the blaze is something you've already done

there is more to it than that, but i'll start there

that may seem like a basic conclusion. not something too difficult to figure out right?

however, you need to know what the blaze is and where you will be going from there, to truly understand why that basic concept is so important. imo

and, imo, if you have that understanding, a correct solve to that level, you will realize why anyone saying the treasure is at the blaze is 100% incorrect

I like the new Chris.

I believe they'd still be correct though, no? If it is past tense and they've found it, then it was there, at the blaze (or the blaze is simply the chest).
--------------------------------
Orange Ute, Adee Sphincter?
02-10-2018, 08:09 PM,
(02-10-2018, 07:27 PM)emmett Wrote: so the last 2 stanzas take you from the blaze to the chest?
That is what I used to think.
Now it is:

If you have found the path (=blaze) that leads from WWWH, through the canyon down, then not going in the direction of the meek, but to heavy loads then to waters high. Once you are at Waters high you look down to end your quest. You must still take the chest, which I think may be a cryptic instruction, perhaps referring to the form of transport such as a gondola (basket) and then "go in" peace which is the actual location of the chest. He used similar improper grammar in the first line stating he had "gone [alone] in there"
02-10-2018, 08:26 PM,
Finally! Someone is beginning to understand a little about the blaze. The blaze is a real, physical object, it is visible, unfeasible to remove yet it should be found(recognized) by the time you reach line 13 in the poem.

This indicates the blaze is described PRIOR TO line 13 by preceding lines of the poem. How else could one recognize it if it hasn't been described?

In my estimation lines 9 & 10 give direction from the home of Brown and where you are to go to find the blaze. Once you reach the "END", lines 11 & 12 describe how to determine exactly what the blaze is IF you can discern the meanings of lines 11 & 12.

IMO "There'll be no paddle up your creek, just heavy loads and water high." are two of the trickiest lines in the poem and do not reference at all what is considered the common interpretation. That little word "JUST" is very important here. This where the "WISE"(also past tense) part comes into play.

Also IMO, if you haven't figured out the meanings of lines 11 & 12 beforehand, you simply will not understand nor will you recognize the "BLAZE" for what it is. And if you didn't start at line 5(clue 1) and let the poem lead you through the clues to the "BLAZE", not only will you not knowingly get anywhere near it, you could stand on it and not realize where you were(although I don't think this would be advisable).
02-10-2018, 08:26 PM,
(02-10-2018, 08:09 PM)monkeyking Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 07:27 PM)emmett Wrote: so the last 2 stanzas take you from the blaze to the chest?
Now it is:

If you have found the path (=blaze) that leads from WWWH, through the canyon down, then not going in the direction of the meek, but to heavy loads then to waters high. Once you are at Waters high you look down to end your quest. You must still take the chest, which I think may be a cryptic instruction, perhaps referring to the form of transport such as a gondola (basket) and then "go in" peace which is the actual location of the chest. He used similar improper grammar in the first line stating he had "gone [alone] in there"
No home of Brown in your solve?
02-10-2018, 08:51 PM,
(02-10-2018, 08:26 PM)Seeker9 Wrote:
(02-10-2018, 08:09 PM)monkeyking Wrote:
Now it is:

No home of Brown in your solve?

There is...and creek... but I thought you would understand the gist. I'm still working on some of the details...
02-10-2018, 09:27 PM,
(02-10-2018, 08:26 PM)timebandit Wrote: Finally! Someone is beginning to understand a little about the blaze. The blaze is a real, physical object, it is visible, unfeasible to remove yet it should be found(recognized) by the time you reach line 13 in the poem.

This indicates the blaze is described PRIOR TO line 13 by preceding lines of the poem. How else could one recognize it if it hasn't been described?

In my estimation lines 9 & 10 give direction from the home of Brown and where you are to go to find the blaze. Once you reach the "END", lines 11 & 12 describe how to determine exactly what the blaze is IF you can discern the meanings of lines 11 & 12.

IMO "There'll be no paddle up your creek, just heavy loads and water high." are two of the trickiest lines in the poem and do not reference at all what is considered the common interpretation. That little word "JUST" is very important here. This where the "WISE"(also past tense) part comes into play.

Also IMO, if you haven't figured out the meanings of lines 11 & 12 beforehand, you simply will not understand nor will you recognize the "BLAZE" for what it is. And if you didn't start at line 5(clue 1) and let the poem lead you through the clues to the "BLAZE", not only will you not knowingly get anywhere near it, you could stand on it and not realize where you were(although I don't think this would be advisable).

I agree that (since the blaze is something that "stands out"), being
out standing on it is not advisable.
02-10-2018, 09:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-10-2018, 09:28 PM by realistrealist.)
(02-10-2018, 08:26 PM)timebandit Wrote: Finally! Someone is beginning to understand a little about the blaze. The blaze is a real, physical object, it is visible, unfeasible to remove yet it should be found(recognized) by the time you reach line 13 in the poem.

Another possibility is what the guy said the other day. Title to the gold is indirect reference to home. Has Fenn stated that the 9 clues lead to the chest or to his treasure? If his treasure is a place such as Yellowstone, could the home of Brown be where the blaze is with the other clues directing you back out of the park (or some other place)? Put in would thus be exactly where the chest was placed.
--------------------------------
Orange Ute, Adee Sphincter?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Once in a while ( present time) Once upon a while ( the past) geydelkon 9 996 11-04-2017, 09:03 PM
Last Post: geydelkon
  CY-LINE EnigmaticThree 30 5,785 05-14-2017, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Rich
  FFs past Pets lostowl 4 731 05-07-2017, 10:52 PM
Last Post: The Count
  insight and clues from possible line i solved lostowl 3 873 04-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Rich
Video The first line of the poem TheTrueNorth 20 6,277 02-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Eldorado
  First Line Umbra 30 6,031 12-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Last Post: boomergirl