Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fenn's Quoted Poems and ttotc drawings
02-13-2018, 09:44 AM,
I noticed in almost, not all interviews fenn quotes two poems:
First is one of my favorites INVICTUS
The second is LITTLE GIDDING
I was unfamiliar with little gidding, and it's the parts fenn DIDN'T quote that led me back to Yellowstone
The quote:
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring 
Will be to arrive where we started 
And know the place for the first time. 

The rest of that stanza:

Through the unknown, unremembered gate 
When the last of earth left to discover 
Is that which was the beginning; 
At the source of the longest river 
The voice of the hidden waterfall
And the children in the apple-tree

The longest river in the Rockies is the snake and it's source according to wikipedia is Yellowstone lake.
And this is where I said "oh, crap!"
As I had already scratched y off my search list. I don't have the book, and it was at this time I realized I could sit here and chase my tail in a dozen places that fit the poems description, but without the book, I was "up a creek without a paddle" so to speak.
There is actually several stories and pictures on the internet that you can find. But it's not the stories that got me, it was the drawings.
First one I got a location on was "my war for me"
Second one was "no place for biddies"
(Second confirmation for me, the Crow word for geyser is bide-mahpe meaning sacred or powerful water)
Third was the marbles picture
And last was the gypsy dancers.
They ALL lined up perfectly with photos I found of park locations. Most of the drawings I could lay over the photos 4-5 times or more and find where they matched up. "biddies" I finally stopped at 8
I havent tried any more yet. This is enough confirmation for me.
And yes, for all of you who said I was making it too difficult, that I needed to simplify, you were right.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
02-13-2018, 09:55 AM,
RE: Fenn's Quoted Poems and ttotc drawings
This post should trigger some research for the winter!
02-13-2018, 10:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2018, 10:32 AM by realistrealist.)
"A little bird sang in the tree overhead-
"Apples and cherries, roses and honey:"
"Come and sing your song on my finger," he said,
All so jolly and funny.

Up coiled the snake; the bird came down,
And sang him the song of Birdie Brown."

"The spider forgot, and followed him spinning,
And lost all his thread from end to beginning;"

"Householder snails, and slugs all tails,
And butterflies, flutterbies, ships all sails"

Huh, didn't know they had wagon rides there. So Lost Lake/Creek is a possibility because of Roosevelt Corrals nearby https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/...-wagon.jpg

Looks like they even have rubber tires. He said he wished he could get "lost" one more time in the Gallatins.
--------------------------------
Orange Ute, Adee Sphincter?
02-13-2018, 10:32 AM,
That's where I was looking the first time, because it was yanceys first

02-13-2018, 10:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2018, 10:54 AM by realistrealist.)
(02-13-2018, 10:32 AM)geminicesdesigns Wrote: That's where I was looking the first time, because it was yanceys first

So you took a different path through the poem then?

I don't see how a route can get you within feet going that way. There are only 2 possible moves left after "no paddle up your creek?"

Also, "from there" and "no place for the meek/end ever drawing nigh" would seem to be leading South from Tower Junction as opposed to North. Hell and the "Devil's Den" is more likely for "no place for the meek."

If you look up the definition and synonyms of narrow, you get "tapering," "reduce," etc. ie. drawing nigh.

Soo, if I took the trail from Lost Creek towards Tower Falls there'd need to be something somewhere along it. But then the directions wouldn't lead within feet.
02-13-2018, 10:57 AM,
I read a synopsis of little gidding which has more in common with ttotc. It's a very large very deep poem.
Elliot wrote his stanzas in this order
Intro
Burial of the dead
Game of chess
Fire sermon
Reassessment and confirmation
That would put ttotc stanzas in this order
This just IMO
btw, ive read your solve and i agree with most of it. Look at my post of undine falls

02-13-2018, 11:02 AM,
(02-13-2018, 10:57 AM)geminicesdesigns Wrote: I read a synopsis of little gidding which has more in common with ttotc. It's a very large very deep poem.
Intro
Burial of the dead
Game of chess
Fire sermon
This just IMO
btw, ive read your solve and i agree with most of it. Look at my post of undine falls

Thanks, will take a look soon.
02-14-2018, 10:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 01:06 PM by realistrealist.)
(02-13-2018, 10:57 AM)geminicesdesigns Wrote: I read a synopsis of little gidding which has more in common with ttotc. It's a very large very deep poem.
Intro
Burial of the dead
Game of chess
Fire sermon
This just IMO

"What we call the beginning is often the end
And to make and end is to make a beginning.
The end is where we start from. And every phrase
And sentence that is right (where every word is at home,
Taking its place to support the others"

So every word is at the home of Brown and it is the final location. Stanza 2-3 describes it's location? "It" is the creek, not the search, journey, or chest. Chris was wondering about the baking a cake comment from Forrest... you can't identify the precise point (bake the cake) unless every clue in the combined whole relating to that precise point (every ingredient) is identified? If you aren't confident in the correct solve, it's likely you'll be led to the points around the spot, the clues (the creek your creek feeds into), to "heavy loads", etc. They are contiguous in that they all border one another forming around the one central point. When answering a question about the path in the poem, he avoids saying path and simply states the clues must be followed - never saying where they must be followed to...back to the common endpoint. You're more than halfway to the treasure if you solve the first clue because there are two ends to the creek.

Stanza 2 is the beginning, but it is also the ending point of stanza 3-4 clues.

I like guessing, lol, and still fixated on Soda Butte/Warm Creek. https://imgur.com/a/BHBhV
02-14-2018, 07:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 08:04 PM by DL167.)
Intro
Burial of the dead
Game of chess
Fire sermon
This just IMO

I always thought the map on Page 99 was showing Wraith Falls (just down the road from Undine):

[Image: mVpJdsI.png]

Wraith Falls (this picture is from the lookout, represented up and to the right above):

[Image: VsM1daj.jpg]

Makes a great blaze, too. A big white spot lol.
02-14-2018, 10:16 PM,
In other pictures of undine, you can see a small indention, not quite a cave per say. Just mild erosion, behind and around it, but large enough for a person to get into.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new book cover hidden drawings Chris Yates 9 1,892 09-30-2017, 05:51 PM
Last Post: OjoDude
  Poems in the book geydelkon 0 307 09-23-2017, 11:09 PM
Last Post: geydelkon
  The Drawings and Real Life Mindy 16 7,126 04-04-2016, 02:55 AM
Last Post: deb
  2 poems? Heisenberg 12 1,945 02-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Last Post: jdh
  What does the poems solution look like? SidnCharley 143 10,806 03-27-2014, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Halogetter
  Do Bronze Bell POEMs read differently 1000 Years from Now ?; “Then take the chest and leave my bones.” ? SantaFe 9 2,226 03-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Last Post: SantaFe