Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the chase will be ending this summer?
02-14-2018, 05:23 AM,
RE: the chase will be ending this summer?
I believe Forrest used the word "ambivalent" when describing how he felt about the chest being found. He has set no expectations, and it seems he's unlikely to do so. The Chase is a challenge, and the only help available to each searcher is that which lies within. We all have access to the same Chase resources, and beyond that, we're on our own. With respect to finding the chest, we will succeed or fail based on our own skills, effort, and perseverance. Solving some of the clues and/or getting close to the spot? Irrelevant.

The primary benefit most of us will derive from The Chase will be found well outside of finding the chest. Harsh, but so is reality.

Good luck to all searchers.
OO
02-14-2018, 08:31 AM,
It is funny how many people think they know where it’s at. I started my search in Aug last year and told Forrest the general area at the end of October. I thought it would be easy from what I found online through researching google earth. In my opinion with 7 BOTG trips is when you get to the intersection of clues below HOB you have just begun. You can see things on GE but when you are actually at the area it looks completely different and you have to figure out which direction to take. The solve can be simple but to determine where and what the blaze is will be the tough part. An Easter egg hunt as a kid, you knew the general area but it was still hard to find the eggs. This is way harder, and only one egg, and a vast area.
I found out through research from an old time USF Ranger where the fishing guides don’t take their clients. The guides like Forrest won’t give up that spot, but a old Ranger did. Thanks Mr Forest Ranger, you put me in the spot. Forrest found the spot by accident when he took a short cut to his hole he was probably with Skippy or Dad the first time. Forrest knows he’s been had and bet he is anxious for the summer season as we all are.
Trailblazer
Boot tracks all over the ground...in a circle
02-14-2018, 08:35 AM,
(02-14-2018, 05:23 AM)OmeOmy Wrote: I believe Forrest used the word "ambivalent" when describing how he felt about the chest being found. He has set no expectations, and it seems he's unlikely to do so. The Chase is a challenge, and the only help available to each searcher is that which lies within. We all have access to the same Chase resources, and beyond that, we're on our own. With respect to finding the chest, we will succeed or fail based on our own skills, effort, and perseverance. Solving some of the clues and/or getting close to the spot? Irrelevant.

The primary benefit most of us will derive from The Chase will be found well outside of finding the chest. Harsh, but so is reality.

OO

Omeomy, during Jenny Kyle's yearly interview of Feb 4th 2018 Forrest; Jenny asked Forrest the following in question #2. Note, the last paragraph to Forrest's answer.

2Q) For most, the physical search season is at a halt until the warm waters of Spring begin to flow once again. It’s currently a quiet time which offers opportunity for reflection upon past ideas, solves, failures, and thrills. Previously, you had mentioned a few searchers solved the first two clues, but weren’t necessarily knowledgeable of the fact.
Are you aware of any more progress made past the first two clues? Have searchers homed into other clues or words in the poem? Have searchers been closer than 200 feet to the treasure?

I am rarely told exactly where people are searching so I don’t know if they are getting closer or not. My gut feeling is that someone will find it this summer.
02-14-2018, 08:48 AM,
He is told every day by searchers of their solves I’m sure. Just not the exact spot, that has to be what he is saying. I read about searchers giving him their solves always. So either he doesn’t read his mail or it’s the 85/15 rule, and he’s speaking in the 15% range.
02-14-2018, 08:49 AM,
(02-14-2018, 08:35 AM)Gilagin Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 05:23 AM)OmeOmy Wrote: I believe Forrest used the word "ambivalent" when describing how he felt about the chest being found. He has set no expectations, and it seems he's unlikely to do so. The Chase is a challenge, and the only help available to each searcher is that which lies within. We all have access to the same Chase resources, and beyond that, we're on our own. With respect to finding the chest, we will succeed or fail based on our own skills, effort, and perseverance. Solving some of the clues and/or getting close to the spot? Irrelevant.

OO

Omeomy, during Jenny Kyle's yearly interview of Feb 4th 2018 Forrest; Jenny asked Forrest the following in question #2. Note, the last paragraph to Forrest's answer.

2Q) For most, the physical search season is at a halt until the warm waters of Spring begin to flow once again. It’s currently a quiet time which offers opportunity for reflection upon past ideas, solves, failures, and thrills. Previously, you had mentioned a few searchers solved the first two clues, but weren’t necessarily knowledgeable of the fact.
Are you aware of any more progress made past the first two clues? Have searchers homed into other clues or words in the poem? Have searchers been closer than 200 feet to the treasure?

I am rarely told exactly where people are searching so I don’t know if they are getting closer or not. My gut feeling is that someone will find it this summer.

My "gut" feeling is that someone will find it this summer (it will end soon/nigh).

"Gut" = narrow straight, draw.

The end is ever drawing nigh = The Narrows in YS.
--------------------------------
Orange Ute, Adee Sphincter?
02-14-2018, 08:50 AM,
(02-14-2018, 12:45 AM)doodlebug Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 11:53 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 09:42 PM)doodlebug Wrote: i've read that alot of folks think that the chase will be over soon, that a
bunch of them know where is the treasurechest, but what if theyre wrong?
They think they know where but havent found it in 7 years so what kind
of abracadabra hapened resently to make them think they have the riddle
solved? some of the folks might search and get close but its this way all
the time, un till its found its not found,this is boring 2 me, i think mr. fenn
misoverestimates the folk searching and may be he can give more clues to
help us all before he dyes? that is if he wants the gold found soon befor he
dyes.

At this point, I'd be happy if he just awarded the chest to the one who has solved the most clues...not the one who was closest.

razyfamily

i dont want him to do that, how can he know who has the most clues?
but if he wants it found wile hes alive, may be he can help?

Because I told him
02-14-2018, 08:52 AM,
You are correct about Yellowstone. It’s his rainbow. Beginning and end.
02-14-2018, 08:53 AM,
(02-14-2018, 08:50 AM)mrmagicarovrumrebel Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 12:45 AM)doodlebug Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 11:53 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 09:42 PM)doodlebug Wrote: i've read that alot of folks think that the chase will be over soon, that a
bunch of them know where is the treasurechest, but what if theyre wrong?
They think they know where but havent found it in 7 years so what kind
of abracadabra hapened resently to make them think they have the riddle
solved? some of the folks might search and get close but its this way all
the time, un till its found its not found,this is boring 2 me, i think mr. fenn
misoverestimates the folk searching and may be he can give more clues to
help us all before he dyes? that is if he wants the gold found soon befor he
dyes.

At this point, I'd be happy if he just awarded the chest to the one who has solved the most clues...not the one who was closest.

razyfamily

i dont want him to do that, how can he know who has the most clues?
but if he wants it found wile hes alive, may be he can help?

Because I told him

lol, still waiting to see this so called blaze model magic.
--------------------------------
Orange Ute, Adee Sphincter?
02-14-2018, 08:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 09:01 AM by 1trailblazer.)
We have all told him. Hopefully the hackers of his email can sort out all that info. May have to hire a federal team of investigators to sort that crap out.

The blaze could be anything. You can only try to figure out what it may be. It doesn’t face N,S,E or W. So it has to be a rock structure standing straight up. Seems to me you can only decipher some ideas from his book TTOTC. I think the hints in the book only identify the possible blaze and nothing else.
02-14-2018, 10:30 AM,
(02-14-2018, 08:35 AM)Gilagin Wrote:

OO

The last paragraph is answered in the present tense. IMO, in his crafty way, he is saying that searchers rarely text him where they are at with BOTG in real time. Therefore, if the searchers WERE close, but then email him with their solve, they are no longer closer in distance to the treasure than before they went on the trip, because they are back home. They may have a correct "solve", but they are not at the spot, so they are not "searching" at the present time. The last sentence indicates he probably has received an accurate solution from someone.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Life’s Ending Peace (new question from ff) decall 28 10,520 01-25-2018, 05:10 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Prediction: Summer Solstice decall 1 645 06-19-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Luckydog
  The ETA (Ending Treasure Area) Accuracy Test Iron Will 71 10,748 05-03-2017, 09:40 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Summer Break deb 1 635 08-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Bet
  Summer's Dilemma - NM Searchers djjmciv 9 3,249 05-09-2016, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  Odds of ending location Hammertime 6 4,427 10-27-2015, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Woody Bogg