Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Chase and it's unique members
02-15-2018, 01:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 01:12 PM by filmguy.)
I've been involved in threads in the past. I've had disagreements with members of those threads and administrators.

I have played games online where parties have been very confrontational and threatening.

But this chase, its threads, and (some of) its members....

I have never seen such dedication to taking snapshots of people's comments and saving them or collecting a list of as many members public IPs as possible. I can even bet some of you have a file on your computer that has folders with everyone's screenname and "information" about that person

Am I the only one to find this kind of behavior alarming?
What are you a member of the FBI? NSA? A lawyer?
Would any normal, mentally stable individual do these things?
Or is that just the direction that internet is going? Document everything so you can use it against strangers later. In a lot of cases, just to win an argument.

I get it, winning an argument brings about endorphins and such, but are you that desperate for a positive high that this is how you find it?

It's like someone making a list of every time their family and friends screw up and throwing it in their face later. My guess is you probably won't have any friends and your family members probably only care to call during the holidays.

I don't know. These people might need to look in the mirror and say to themselves, "So this is what kind of person I've become? These are my morals and standards? Having a list of everybody's public IP and comments is really making me a better person?"

Just an observation.
02-15-2018, 01:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 01:50 PM by Mindy.)
(02-15-2018, 01:11 PM)filmguy Wrote: I've been involved in threads in the past. I've had disagreements with members of those threads and administrators.

I have played games online where parties have been very confrontational and threatening.

But this chase, its threads, and (some of) its members....

I have never seen such dedication to taking snapshots of people's comments and saving them or collecting a list of as many members public IPs as possible. I can even bet some of you have a file on your computer that has folders with everyone's screenname and "information" about that person

Am I the only one to find this kind of behavior alarming?
What are you a member of the FBI? NSA? A lawyer?
Would any normal, mentally stable individual do these things?
Or is that just the direction that internet is going? Document everything so you can use it against strangers later. In a lot of cases, just to win an argument.

I get it, winning an argument brings about endorphins and such, but are you that desperate for a positive high that this is how you find it?

It's like someone making a list of every time their family and friends screw up and throwing it in their face later. My guess is you probably won't have any friends and your family members probably only care to call during the holidays.

I don't know. These people might need to look in the mirror and say to themselves, "So this is what kind of person I've become? These are my morals and standards? Having a list of everybody's public IP and comments is really making me a better person?"

Just an observation.

For me, when I noticed that several people had several different screen names, and used them to libel me, I started “collecting.”

For me, it’s self-protection, and evidence that helps mitigate damages caused by searchers with no moral compass.

I work in the medical field, and it is important that I abide by the law. There are those who have claimed I’ve done things that are illegal, and there are those who have claimed I am a psychopath, a sociopath, and other personality/antisocial disorders, but thankfully, I have plenty of screenshots and other supporting evidence that prove I have not done anything illegal and am of sound mind.

So, to answer your question, yes, a normal person under such attacks is perfectly justified in collecting all the evidence they possibly can to prove allegations made against them are false.

In fact, if anyone finds themselves in my position, they absolutely SHOULD start taking screenshots, saving emails, ip’s, texts, whatever you can because there may come a time when it gets so bad you have no other recourse but to take those accusers or libelers to court.

Every attorney who specializes in cyberstalking, libel, and defamation cases will tell you the same thing.

I’m not an attorney, but if and when the time comes, I’m going to make my attorney’s job much easier.

Edit to add: Also, emails that contain threats of physical violence and/or death are a huge red flag that you should save EVERYTHING.

It’s not about winning an argument. It’s about doing my due diligence to mitigate damages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
02-15-2018, 02:24 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 02:27 PM by filmguy.)
RE: The Chase and it's unique members
Not a single attorney will take their client's screenshots and 1) Not follow up with their own research and 2) use it as evidence in court.

If the attorney and digital forensics can't find the "evidence" you provided them guess what? Your "collecting" will be held into question by the attorney on the other side.

Seems like an awful waste of time and energy just to make their job easier. My guess is they'll charge you the same hourly rate anyway.

I don't let the court of opinion by a bunch of strangers sitting at a computer bother me too much. If, one day, the cops were to show up at my house about something (libel) they've seen online it will most certainly be addressed then.

Just my take. Some people think I do X and Y weird. World would be a horrible place if everyone was the same.

“You are in control of your life, when you refuse to be provoke.”
02-15-2018, 03:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 03:28 PM by Mindy.)
(02-15-2018, 02:24 PM)filmguy Wrote: Not a single attorney will take their client's screenshots and 1) Not follow up with their own research and 2) use it as evidence in court.

If the attorney and digital forensics can't find the "evidence" you provided them guess what? Your "collecting" will be held into question by the attorney on the other side.

Seems like an awful waste of time and energy just to make their job easier. My guess is they'll charge you the same hourly rate anyway.

I don't let the court of opinion by a bunch of strangers sitting at a computer bother me too much. If, one day, the cops were to show up at my house about something (libel) they've seen online it will most certainly be addressed then.

Just my take. Some people think I do X and Y weird. World would be a horrible place if everyone was the same.

“You are in control of your life, when you refuse to be provoke.”

In civil court, without an attorney, screenshots and/or original emails/texts in context are admissible.

And if I have hired an attorney, screenshots will have helped the attorney decide whether my case is actionable.

Also, posts get deleted. All I need to prove libel is that they were at one time posted on a public forum.

It takes literally a second to screenshot something I’m reading. It takes literally no time to save emails and texts.

And if I can use them in my defense, I will. When it comes to some tactics used by some in the chase, taking screenshots is a sure way to prove your innocence, and to prove someone else is bald-faced lying...or worse.

Mindy's blogs:

02-16-2018, 09:08 AM,
Ah Civil Court.

Mindy: Your honor I would like to submit these screenshots as evidence.
Defense Team: Your honor we would also like to submit these screenshots as evidence (Screenshots where you're saying you Photoshopped the evidence you're providing in court).
Mindy: What?! I never wrote this. These are fake?
Defense Team: So are yours!

All the while the person you're accusing of libel has a "buddy" using his name and password posting all kinds of libel things about you.
Defense Team: Your honor, my client was here all day in court and yet he was still posting? It's obvious there is a third party here.
Defense Team: The plaintiff has provided evidence in regards to my client's public IP. If someone who works in healthcare can grab my client's public IP then who else can and can they use it against them?

All a waste of time I think, but if it makes one feels safe then that's something I can't take away.
02-16-2018, 11:29 AM,
(02-16-2018, 09:08 AM)filmguy Wrote: Ah Civil Court.

Mindy: Your honor I would like to submit these screenshots as evidence.
Defense Team: Your honor we would also like to submit these screenshots as evidence (Screenshots where you're saying you Photoshopped the evidence you're providing in court).
Mindy: What?! I never wrote this. These are fake?
Defense Team: So are yours!

All the while the person you're accusing of libel has a "buddy" using his name and password posting all kinds of libel things about you.
Defense Team: Your honor, my client was here all day in court and yet he was still posting? It's obvious there is a third party here.
Defense Team: The plaintiff has provided evidence in regards to my client's public IP. If someone who works in healthcare can grab my client's public IP then who else can and can they use it against them?

All a waste of time I think, but if it makes one feels safe then that's something I can't take away.

Ahhhh, sure, that’s one scenario of many.

My motto is you can’t be too prepared.

And also if you can expose the liar who libels you and are able to mitigate the damage they cause, that’s even better.

I don’t regret for one second saving everything. I can’t even count the number of times I’ve proven lies against me are false. But, thankfully for screenshots and emails, I can, every time. So far, anyway.

Mindy's blogs:

02-16-2018, 12:26 PM,
Don't get me wrong, I agree.
Do what you gotta do.