Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Before the TTOTC....
02-16-2018, 06:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 07:09 PM by JP.)
Before the TTOTC....
If you die with over $50 you're a failure. Does Forrest believe that? I believe he does.
It took him 15 years to write the poem. I believe that's also true.
So, he constructs one of the most intricate puzzles ever put together. I don't think there's a question about that either.
His mindset when he wrote it then published it? I think he had the same expectation of success with TTOTC as any of his previous books. Only in his wildest dreams could he have imagined it becoming so popular that 100's of thousands of people around the world would be drawn to it.
And with that, how could he have foreseen his fame that resulted from that?
Some claim he wrote the book as a way to make himself some sort of a 'chick magnet.' I would have to disagree. If he had those intentions, why waste time writing a book. He already has the money. Using the internet would have to be so much easier.
Do I believe he hid a TC. Not a doubt.
Do I believe he had ulterior motives? I really don't think so.
Do I believe he did the things some claim? I'd rather not comment but will say I have no firsthand knowledge because I wasn't involved.
But success sometimes brings out the best in people. Others times it brings out the worst.

Perhaps not intricate. Maybe a better phrase would be 'deceivingly simply.'
If not, it wouldn't have stumped a few 100 thousand people for over seven years.
02-16-2018, 07:28 PM,
RE: Before the TTOTC....
(02-16-2018, 06:53 PM)JP Wrote: success sometimes brings out the best in people. Others times it brings out the worst.

Like most people, Forrest is human. Success brings out both good and bad in most people. I know people whose contributions to humanity far and away exceed anything Forrest could ever accomplish in his wildest dreams and ya know what? Those people are less than perfect.