Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, the old shows....
02-18-2018, 06:46 PM,
Oh, the old shows....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7eQPm5e-lE
03-06-2018, 12:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2018, 12:05 AM by Becky from WV.)
RE: Oh, the old shows....
@Gordon Lightfoot - Which old shows d'ya wanna discuss? I remember Petticoat Junction with Uncle Joe & the 3 lovely laddies of Hooterville ... Billie Jo, Bobbie Joe, & Betty Jo. It was one of my favorites. Then it spun off into Green Acres with Eddie Albert & Eva Gabor. Remember the Ziffels & Arnold the Pig? Even the theme song was catchy.

Couple times a week I go over to my friend Randy's & watch old re-runs of Sandford & Son, Andy Griffith Show, Columbo, I Love Lucy, & Wild Wild West. Lucy is by far my favorite. For me, Ethel (Vivian Vance) is/was phenomenal. I read that her contract stated that she MUST remain at least 10 lbs heavier than Lucy ... always.

I had NEVER seen Wild Wild West before, but my favorite actor in it is Ross Martin. Have you ever googled that man? Whew! He was a violin virtuoso at 8 years old, & learned to speak 7 languages fluently.

What old shows, Gordon Lightfoot ... are your favorites?
03-06-2018, 07:36 PM,
Chime in in...The Munsters, Leave it to Beaver, Get Smart, Gilligan's Island, The Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour, Batman....and so on.
03-07-2018, 04:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2018, 04:15 AM by Becky from WV.)
@Daniel A - I did NOT care much for the Munsters ... however I DID like the Adam's Family with Lurch & Cousin It. Get Smart was kinda too silly & I can't remember much about it. I think I must have liked Agent 99 though because I remember her.

I really NEVER watched Batman although my friend Johnny Green appeared in 14 or so episodes. He was the leader of the band with the green hair running around the beach. He also acquired the original BatMobile & leased it back to the studio for special events. Johnny now lives in SD & remained a good friend of most of the actors ... Adam West, Burt Ward, Cesar Romero, etc. Johnny owned a ranch in Oregon that actually shared a border with Cesar Romero.

Yeah, Gilligan's Island (I'm embarrassed now to say) was indeed a favorite of mine. Where did the Howell's get all those clothes? I spent an afternoon once ( early 1990s) with Bob Denver & an acquaintance of mine, Mel Ford. They got completely sloshed on scotch. Can you imagine a "tanked" Gilligan? It was hilarious ... but I would NOT have wanted to repeat the experience. Very strange time!

Leave It to Beaver ... yep. Good show, taught morals. But why was Ward Cleaver always in a suit & June in a dress with pearls? And in that big house they had, Wally & the Beav shared a room. Is that show still on somewhere?

Bugs Bunny ... always great! My favorite is Porky Pig, with Daffy Duck running a close second. Did you know that Porky stutters because his original voice actor did? It's true. "Th-th-th-that's all, folks!"
03-08-2018, 04:19 AM,
I love all of the shows mentioned above Smile They just don't make them like that anymore...
03-08-2018, 12:09 PM,
(03-07-2018, 04:12 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Daniel A - I did NOT care much for the Munsters ... however I DID like the Adam's Family with Lurch & Cousin It. Get Smart was kinda too silly & I can't remember much about it. I think I must have liked Agent 99 though because I remember her.

I really NEVER watched Batman although my friend Johnny Green appeared in 14 or so episodes. He was the leader of the band with the green hair running around the beach. He also acquired the original BatMobile & leased it back to the studio for special events. Johnny now lives in SD & remained a good friend of most of the actors ... Adam West, Burt Ward, Cesar Romero, etc. Johnny owned a ranch in Oregon that actually shared a border with Cesar Romero.

Yeah, Gilligan's Island (I'm embarrassed now to say) was indeed a favorite of mine. Where did the Howell's get all those clothes? I spent an afternoon once ( early 1990s) with Bob Denver & an acquaintance of mine, Mel Ford. They got completely sloshed on scotch. Can you imagine a "tanked" Gilligan? It was hilarious ... but I would NOT have wanted to repeat the experience. Very strange time!

Leave It to Beaver ... yep. Good show, taught morals. But why was Ward Cleaver always in a suit & June in a dress with pearls? And in that big house they had, Wally & the Beav shared a room. Is that show still on somewhere?

Bugs Bunny ... always great! My favorite is Porky Pig, with Daffy Duck running a close second. Did you know that Porky stutters because his original voice actor did? It's true. "Th-th-th-that's all, folks!"

The Adam's Family is classic! Every time I watched I could not wait for the possibility that someone in the episode to ring their doorbell just so I could hear Lurch say in his low bellowed voice "You Rang"
03-08-2018, 01:09 PM,
(03-08-2018, 12:09 PM)Daniel A Wrote:
(03-07-2018, 04:12 AM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Daniel A - I did NOT care much for the Munsters ... however I DID like the Adam's Family with Lurch & Cousin It. Get Smart was kinda too silly & I can't remember much about it. I think I must have liked Agent 99 though because I remember her.

The Adam's Family is classic! Every time I watched I could not wait for the possibility that someone in the episode to ring their doorbell just so I could hear Lurch say in his low bellowed voice "You Rang"

My cousin's in Salem Mass dress up as Adam's Family every year at Salem's Haunted Happenings.