Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid kind of funny
08-19-2018, 03:24 PM,
Stupid kind of funny
[Image: 1fd371939f1fb24346c0ca7084e99390.png]

Oh the irony. So, Mueller was appointed special counsel by Rod Rosenstein, who was nominated by Trump to serve as Deputy Attorney General. In the wake of Jeff Sessions recusal from the case following the termination of James Comey, Rosenstein - a registered republican, appointed Mueller to investigate claims of obstruction of justice, and collusion with the Russian government to interfere with the 2016 Presidential Election. Trump fired FBI Director James Comey after Rosenstein's memo to the president.

Here's some facts:

Jeff Sessions - Republican, former Senator from Alabama, US Attorney General

Rod Rosenstein - Republican, former District Court Judge, US Deputy Attorney General

James Comey - Republican, former Director FBI

Robert Mueller - Republican, former Director FBI

Joe McCarthy - Republican, Senator

The problem with Trump's comparison of Mueller to McCarthy is that McCarthy went after anyone whom he deemed to be members of the communist party, communist sympathizers, or homosexual. Failing to substantiate any of McCarthy's claims, the senate voted to censure him and declared his campaign a fraud and hoax.

Mueller, on the other hand, was appointed to serve in a legal capacity to investigate the President of the United States and his campaign with regard to improper contacts with foreign diplomats, and obstruction of justice stemming from the termination of FBI Director James Comey. McCarthy had no official capacity to carry out his smear campaign, so to compare Mueller to McCarthy is simply ridiculous. If you'd like to continue the comparison despite the ridiculous irony, I'd start by examining the indictments of and admissions of guilt from these players:

Paul Manafort
Rick Gates
George Papadopoulos
Michael Flynn

Yevgeny Prigozhin and 12 other Russian citizens

The only remote similarity is the dumb thought that McCarthy accused Americans of being communists and Mueller is investigating former communists. Is Trump really this stupid? Of course, what I thought of is the conservative tactic of accusing your enemy of that which you are guilty.

Trump is systematically denigrating anyone who speaks out in opposition to him. It began with James Comey, and others from his administration, celebrities, NFL stars, and now former CIA intelligence personnel. If anything is the equivalent of Joe McCarthy's flaccid attempt to disparage Americans, it is Donald Trump and his campaign to force loyalty on the American public.

razyfamily
08-19-2018, 04:52 PM,
Stupid kind of funny
All I'm waiting on is football and the midterms! I think it's going to be crazier than a Football Bat!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
08-20-2018, 07:57 AM,
RE: Stupid kind of funny
(08-17-2018, 05:08 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Oh, it’s a goof. When one of those other media outlets makes mistakes it’s called fake news. I’m just trying to understand what fake news is.

razyfamily
Do you like fake News?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politic...ews-494421

08-20-2018, 11:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2018, 12:35 PM by crazyfamily.)
Stupid kind of funny
(08-20-2018, 07:57 AM)wishiIwasRich Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 05:08 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Oh, it’s a goof. When one of those other media outlets makes mistakes it’s called fake news. I’m just trying to understand what fake news is.

razyfamily
Do you like fake News?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politic...ews-494421

Do you like fake Presidents? I prefer my truth to yours.

In a "stupid kind of funny" twist, the poll revealed that Americans trust "fake news" outlet CNN more than Trump...48%. Are you trying to cherry pick results that support your opinion. Sounds like fake news to me.

CNN 48% - Trump 35%
MSNBC 47% - Trump 33%
FOX 30% - Trump 20%

razyfamily
08-20-2018, 01:04 PM,
Stupid kind of funny
Trump's tweet about Manafort being locked in solitary confinement caused me to take a look at the story, and guess what I found...Fake News! Coming from none other than Donald Trump.

Here's what Mueller said about Manafort's "solitary confinement:"

Quote:However, Mueller’s new filing, if accurate, reveals that the Manafort version of solitary confinement comes with certain amenities.

Manafort “is not confined to a cell.”

Between 8:30 am and 10 pm, Manafort “has access to a separate workroom at the jail to meet with his attorneys and legal team.”

He has “his own bathroom and shower facility.”

He has “his own personal telephone,” which he can use more than 12 hours a day.

Those calls are limited to 15 minutes each, but when they cut off, he can just call the person back immediately.

He’s made nearly 300 phone calls in the last three weeks.

He has a personal laptop he can use in his unit to review materials and prepare for his trial.

He was provided an extension cord to let him use his laptop in either his unit or his workroom.

He’s not allowed to send emails, but he “has developed a workaround” for even that — his legal team brings in a laptop, he drafts the emails on that laptop, and they send them out after they leave.

He’s being treated like a “VIP,” according to his own account on a monitored phone call.

razyfamily
08-20-2018, 01:48 PM,
(08-20-2018, 01:04 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Trump's tweet about Manafort being locked in solitary confinement caused me to take a look at the story, and guess what I found...Fake News! Coming from none other than Donald Trump.

Here's what Mueller said about Manafort's "solitary confinement:"

Quote:However, Mueller’s new filing, if accurate, reveals that the Manafort version of solitary confinement comes with certain amenities.

Manafort “is not confined to a cell.”

Between 8:30 am and 10 pm, Manafort “has access to a separate workroom at the jail to meet with his attorneys and legal team.”

He has “his own bathroom and shower facility.”

He has “his own personal telephone,” which he can use more than 12 hours a day.

Those calls are limited to 15 minutes each, but when they cut off, he can just call the person back immediately.

He’s made nearly 300 phone calls in the last three weeks.

He has a personal laptop he can use in his unit to review materials and prepare for his trial.

He was provided an extension cord to let him use his laptop in either his unit or his workroom.

He’s not allowed to send emails, but he “has developed a workaround” for even that — his legal team brings in a laptop, he drafts the emails on that laptop, and they send them out after they leave.

He’s being treated like a “VIP,” according to his own account on a monitored phone call.

razyfamily
Give me your sources.... I'm waiting.

08-20-2018, 03:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2018, 03:58 PM by crazyfamily.)
Stupid kind of funny
Beginning at the bottom of page three.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documen...7-Main.pdf

Quote:Specifically, contrary to Manafort’s assertions about his jail conditions, Manafort is in a private unit in which he can review materials and prepare for trial.3 Moreover, he is not confined to a cell. Between the hours of 8:30am to 10:00pm, Manafort has access to a separate workroom at the jail to meet with his attorneys and legal team. Visitor logs from the prison indicate that each week Manafort has had multiple visits with his legal team.

3Among the unique privileges Manafort enjoys at the jail are a private, self-contained living unit, which is larger than other inmates’ units, his own bathroom and shower facility, his own personal telephone, and his own workspace to prepare for trial. Manafort is also not required to wear a prison uniform. On the monitored prison phone calls, Manafort has mentioned that he is being treated like a “VIP.”

Manafort also has a personal telephone in his unit, which he can use over twelve hours a day to speak with his attorneys.4 According to prison telephone logs, in the last three weeks Manafort has had over 100 phone calls with his attorneys, and another 200 calls with other persons. Those telephone logs indicate Manafort has spoken to his attorneys every day, and often multiple times a day. Manafort also possesses a personal laptop that he is permitted to use in his unit to review materials and prepare for trial. The jail has made extra accommodations for Manafort’s use of the laptop, including providing him an extension cord to ensure the laptop can be used in his unit and not just in the separate workroom.5

4The defense representation that telephonic communication “is restricted to ten (10) minutes per call” is incorrect. Dkt. 110 at 3. Each phone call session is limited to fifteen minutes, but there is no restriction on the number of phone call sessions, meaning that Manafort immediately can reconnect with his attorneys whenever the fifteen minutes expires. For example, according to telephone logs, Manafort has had successive phone call sessions with his attorneys that have lasted over forty minutes. The attorney calls are not monitored.
5 Although the jail does not allow prisoners to send or receive emails, Manafort appears to have developed a workaround. Manafort has revealed on the monitored phone calls that in order to exchange emails, he reads and composes emails on a second laptop that is shuttled in and out of the facility by his team. When the team takes the laptop from the jail, it reconnects to the internet and Manafort’s emails are transmitted.

razyfamily
08-20-2018, 08:53 PM,
Stupid kind of funny
Good find! He should be treated as any other prisoner, up to and including Al Sharpton, and any other white collar crime.
Squeezing to get to Trump... Nope.

08-20-2018, 09:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2018, 10:04 PM by crazyfamily.)
Stupid kind of funny
Is Al Sharpton a prisoner?

You know, Trump already showed how much he cares about white collar crime by suggesting he might pardon Martha Stewart. Stewart got caught insider trading and lied about it to investigators. I think this is still America where we have laws about this kind of stuff that the president has sworn to uphold. Where’s the mystery Donnie?

razyfamily
08-20-2018, 10:01 PM,
(08-20-2018, 09:26 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: Is Al Sharpton a prisoner?

razyfamily
Nope, but he certainly should be. Show me now, how you're supporting getting another "Crook" in jail.
Streets are clean, I waiting to see you on the evening news fighting for equal justice.
White collar crime.... Black, White, Green, Yellow. All races creeds, colors, nationalities, religions and atheists . We're waiting on justice to be served.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What kind of fool am I?? Gordon Lightfoot 9 1,479 10-22-2017, 11:05 AM
Last Post: The Count