Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Of Brown
07-12-2018, 07:38 PM,
Of Brown
(07-12-2018, 06:01 PM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: I don't know how long Van Dyke has been yr hob but I know I was using it for a year and posting it online. Do you remember my Painters Outpost solve and VanDyke Rd solve? XuX, etc?

I don’t remember....but I may have read it. I first remember reading that Van Dyke was a shade of brown in the Eric Sloane book. I thought it was a fitting hoB because Van Dyke is capitalized (a proper noun) and Brown in the poem is also capitalized (of course).

So I read through the book again, looking for everything that might hint at a photographic process, and came up with the following list (hold on, gotta find it lol). At that time (July 2017), I was still on the theory that F made his book “special” and “interactive” like he did with TFTW and the Gaspard book. And he had told a searcher, “Why isn’t anyone looking at the last page in my book?

I took that to mean the blank page at the end. So my solve didn’t then involve a place named Van Dyke, but the photographic process itself. I was convinced that somehow F’s book was specially made, where he supervised from start to finish like the scissor tails.

At the time I thought wwwh was salty steam, which did produce some interesting things I still can dismiss. And in other parts of the book, taking the top layer of ink of a photo revealed some aberrations too. Like the infinity on the paperboys head.

And a number under the white frothy water to the right of skippy as he holds up the boulder. The number was red.

Anyway, here are my notes about the potential chemical processes and hints to that last blank page and hidden things that I could find:

The Blank Page/hidden things/the sun reveals

Pg 4: TTOTC is a mirror (bottom of page)
Pg 6- hair turned WHITE, but he said he was dyeing it and no one knew the difference.
Pg 6- takes shower at night so he CANT SEE his age; Peggy put skylight in shower and that meant the sun came through and revealed himself
Pg 7- Eric died waiting for the light to CHANGE...who knows how long he might have lived if he hadn't had to WAIT FOR THE LIGHT.
Pg 7- wise for fox to dress like the hound--HIDDEN, ONE THING LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING ELSE
Pg 9- he went to borders when it was raining = NO SUN
Pg 9- the salesgirl seemed to BE HIDING behind her COFFEE (tannin)
Pg 10- salesgirl disappeared without saying goodbye (rainy day, no sun)
Pg 11- old guys are COVERED UP with their lives already (hidden)
Pg 12- JD had revolutionized writing novels, and he had HIDDEN books in a vault
Pg 13- not a day passes when I don't question myself about WHAT LIES JUST AHEAD...I'll make my last flight TO WHERE EVEN MEMORY ITSELF WILL NEVER HAVE BEEN. (The white page in his memoir)
Pg 13- an asterisk in a BOOK THAT WAS NEVER WRITTEN (blank pages)
Pg 17- Ora Mae was always hiding out
Pg 23- told miss ford he didn't even suspect anything (like we might not suspect what's hidden in the book)
Pg 23- primeval thought that made him think deeper down (beneath the outer appearance).
Pg 23- couldn't take away his name (maybe something the process doesn't eliminate)
Pg 23- eyes only appeared closed (blind-white)
Pg 24-his growing awareness compared miss fords face to something completely different (something that is one way but appears to be something else)
Pg 24- cloudy day --no sun--he always thought if you left things alone, they'd go away, but not this time (cause there was no sun!)
Pg 25- words began to SOAK IN, and his dad's mood CHANGED RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF HIM
Pg 26 - know things not worthy of knowing (like a blank page?)
Pg 27- big window on a sunny day (need glass to reveal)
Pg 27- rusty iron fire escape
Pg 28- Spanish words on blackboard (maybe black page in book?)
Pg 28-people started to notice him when his pants had a heavy brown color (tannin stain on blank page?)
Pg 28- out the window meant out of sight--gotta put the page in the glass for image to be revealed
Pg 38: substituted a scissor tail for a meadowlark, scissortails were a different color
Took the feathers (words?) off so no one would know what it was (one thing that looked like something else)
He tracked it through the cleaning, cooking and serving PROCESS so that June and skippy wouldn't know what it was
The homemade dessert were said to be one thing, but was actually something else
Pg 47- when he was fired the sun went behind a cloud and killed him
Pg 48-he fell BACK to a place where there was no more to fall back to (last page)
Pg 49- WASH the dishes (F calls illustrations "plates")
Pg 49- polarity (negative and positive as in photography processes)
Pg 63-you can't hide from thunderstorms
Pg 88- operation arc LIGHT killed with SOUND
pg94- words burned in his brain
Pg96- all a blur in his mind
Pg 98- lacking oxygen = purple
Pg 98- stop when light is red (stop bath in darkroom?)
Pg 98- pour all non-physical thoughts and happenings into one cohesive boiling pot that will give us something useful (blank page?) can some subliminal gene perhaps be the answer to ALL THAT WE CANNOT SEE BUT KNOW IS THERE?
Pg 100- surely there is more out there. But where? (Blank page)
Pg 100 - latent is a photography term that means an unseen image to be revealed by a process
Pg 101 - no piety and wit can cancel half a line nor all your tears wash out a word of it.
Pg 102- why do yellow and purple flowers flourish where no one is there to see? No one has to see what is there. What has made me think that I had to see the beauty that is there in order to confirm its existence? (Blank page!)
Pg 103 - each one is as important as the all (blank pages just as important )
Pg 113- reversed image
Pg 113- object being viewed is behind glass
Pg 128- raining when string DISAPPEARED
Pg 131- difficult but not impossible to find in the mountains somewhere north of Santa Fe (black page?)
Pg 135 - look across the desert just for the fun of seeing nothing at all
Pg 137. - melt it down to change its shape
Pg 139- what if no one ever discovers my art?
Pg 142- today I looked up in the sky and saw my shadow floating by. It seemed so strange - I wondered why, and now it's gone, but where am I?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
07-12-2018, 07:54 PM,
RE: Of Brown
(07-12-2018, 07:38 PM)Mindy Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 06:01 PM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: I don't know how long Van Dyke has been yr hob but I know I was using it for a year and posting it online. Do you remember my Painters Outpost solve and VanDyke Rd solve? XuX, etc?

I don’t remember....but I may have read it. I first remember reading that Van Dyke was a shade of brown in the Eric Sloane book. I thought it was a fitting hoB because Van Dyke is capitalized (a proper noun) and Brown in the poem is also capitalized (of course).

So I read through the book again, looking for everything that might hint at a photographic process, and came up with the following list (hold on, gotta find it lol). At that time (July 2017), I was still on the theory that F made his book “special” and “interactive” like he did with TFTW and the Gaspard book. And he had told a searcher, “Why isn’t anyone looking at the last page in my book?

I took that to mean the blank page at the end. So my solve didn’t then involve a place named Van Dyke, but the photographic process itself. I was convinced that somehow F’s book was specially made, where he supervised from start to finish like the scissor tails.

At the time I thought wwwh was salty steam, which did produce some interesting things I still can dismiss. And in other parts of the book, taking the top layer of ink of a photo revealed some aberrations too. Like the infinity on the paperboys head.

And a number under the white frothy water to the right of skippy as he holds up the boulder. The number was red.

Anyway, here are my notes about the potential chemical processes and hints to that last blank page and hidden things that I could find:

The Blank Page/hidden things/the sun reveals

Pg 4: TTOTC is a mirror (bottom of page)
Pg 6- hair turned WHITE, but he said he was dyeing it and no one knew the difference.
Pg 6- takes shower at night so he CANT SEE his age; Peggy put skylight in shower and that meant the sun came through and revealed himself
Pg 7- Eric died waiting for the light to CHANGE...who knows how long he might have lived if he hadn't had to WAIT FOR THE LIGHT.
Pg 7- wise for fox to dress like the hound--HIDDEN, ONE THING LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING ELSE
Pg 9- he went to borders when it was raining = NO SUN
Pg 9- the salesgirl seemed to BE HIDING behind her COFFEE (tannin)
Pg 10- salesgirl disappeared without saying goodbye (rainy day, no sun)
Pg 11- old guys are COVERED UP with their lives already (hidden)
Pg 12- JD had revolutionized writing novels, and he had HIDDEN books in a vault
Pg 13- not a day passes when I don't question myself about WHAT LIES JUST AHEAD...I'll make my last flight TO WHERE EVEN MEMORY ITSELF WILL NEVER HAVE BEEN. (The white page in his memoir)
Pg 13- an asterisk in a BOOK THAT WAS NEVER WRITTEN (blank pages)
Pg 17- Ora Mae was always hiding out
Pg 23- told miss ford he didn't even suspect anything (like we might not suspect what's hidden in the book)
Pg 23- primeval thought that made him think deeper down (beneath the outer appearance).
Pg 23- couldn't take away his name (maybe something the process doesn't eliminate)
Pg 23- eyes only appeared closed (blind-white)
Pg 24-his growing awareness compared miss fords face to something completely different (something that is one way but appears to be something else)
Pg 24- cloudy day --no sun--he always thought if you left things alone, they'd go away, but not this time (cause there was no sun!)
Pg 25- words began to SOAK IN, and his dad's mood CHANGED RIGHT THERE IN FRONT OF HIM
Pg 26 - know things not worthy of knowing (like a blank page?)
Pg 27- big window on a sunny day (need glass to reveal)
Pg 27- rusty iron fire escape
Pg 28- Spanish words on blackboard (maybe black page in book?)
Pg 28-people started to notice him when his pants had a heavy brown color (tannin stain on blank page?)
Pg 28- out the window meant out of sight--gotta put the page in the glass for image to be revealed
Pg 38: substituted a scissor tail for a meadowlark, scissortails were a different color
Took the feathers (words?) off so no one would know what it was (one thing that looked like something else)
He tracked it through the cleaning, cooking and serving PROCESS so that June and skippy wouldn't know what it was
The homemade dessert were said to be one thing, but was actually something else
Pg 47- when he was fired the sun went behind a cloud and killed him
Pg 48-he fell BACK to a place where there was no more to fall back to (last page)
Pg 49- WASH the dishes (F calls illustrations "plates")
Pg 49- polarity (negative and positive as in photography processes)
Pg 63-you can't hide from thunderstorms
Pg 88- operation arc LIGHT killed with SOUND
pg94- words burned in his brain
Pg96- all a blur in his mind
Pg 98- lacking oxygen = purple
Pg 98- stop when light is red (stop bath in darkroom?)
Pg 98- pour all non-physical thoughts and happenings into one cohesive boiling pot that will give us something useful (blank page?) can some subliminal gene perhaps be the answer to ALL THAT WE CANNOT SEE BUT KNOW IS THERE?
Pg 100- surely there is more out there. But where? (Blank page)
Pg 100 - latent is a photography term that means an unseen image to be revealed by a process
Pg 101 - no piety and wit can cancel half a line nor all your tears wash out a word of it.
Pg 102- why do yellow and purple flowers flourish where no one is there to see? No one has to see what is there. What has made me think that I had to see the beauty that is there in order to confirm its existence? (Blank page!)
Pg 103 - each one is as important as the all (blank pages just as important )
Pg 113- reversed image
Pg 113- object being viewed is behind glass
Pg 128- raining when string DISAPPEARED
Pg 131- difficult but not impossible to find in the mountains somewhere north of Santa Fe (black page?)
Pg 135 - look across the desert just for the fun of seeing nothing at all
Pg 137. - melt it down to change its shape
Pg 139- what if no one ever discovers my art?
Pg 142- today I looked up in the sky and saw my shadow floating by. It seemed so strange - I wondered why, and now it's gone, but where am I?

Well I'm in trouble I don't have that many words in my solve.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
07-12-2018, 10:59 PM,
That's the funniest damn thing Ive heard in awhile Mike hahaha. You kill me. Mindy, seriously love the way you think, you are looking at the book in the exact I do. Have you noticed the metaphors in book on opposite side of a picture or drawing that elude to going back, turning, rolling a log, looking back, when you look at bird on moon from opposite side it appears to be wearing glasses and also makes it look like she is looking behind her. Appears to be looking at "protecting planet". Tied with first page and he's an environmentalist above all else. About 4-6 more. Whether what we have discovered is part of puzzle or our imaginations, it's been a hoot. The two undeniable things I found was the folding of the biddies. 1)he says they were married, synonym for combining. 2)when you fold just enough to take them out of the picture, the title goes from No Place for Biddies > No ladies. Second, their earrings have C's in them, when you marry them together, the earrings become the eyes of a single ugly, fish or frog head. Then he says in last sentence "That'll teach those two". So obvious of a hint and it matches perfectly with line 23. In the wood means crazy, mad. Mad Magazine featured fold ins. When I told Antigroove this he posted about Mad over on another site. I have had this technique for about 9months now and there is more but I got bored with it. There are actual photos buried beneath other photos but they are fainter and sized smaller. There are marks from letters or other pics that change what you see or read on opposite page. Peggy's hair in Hush Puppies has the words Hat Maker. On very next page is Fenn saying jumped up and down on his hat, that is a hint to either James Lock and Sons or Earl of Coke. The first Bowler hat was made by Lock for Coke, who jumped up and down on it to test it. We have soda cap collection, Dr Pepper, shooting birds(Coke had an almost obsession for shooting birds) and more. There are the coke ovens of Co. Yet we also have the name Lock, we are looking for a key. An older armchair treasure hunt was solved by finding the lock or something similar. Which is it? I think I know the answer. But I'm as flighty as a magpie when it sees a shiny bauble.
07-12-2018, 11:28 PM,
For those that like rabbit holes not far, but too far to walk, let me introduce you to the prolific western photographer, Edward Curtis, known as "The Shadow Catcher."

Happy hunting!

MM
Have you ever solved a $50,000 arm chair treasure hunt, went to the exact spot it was at in Hot Springs, Arkansas to retrieve it, look at the exact rock it was under, and then decide to instead walk over it on two different occasions? Well, I have.
07-13-2018, 12:13 AM,
You bastard MM, you know I can't help myself! I'll just walk over to the edge of the hole(whistling while looking everywhere but in the hole) and not.....OH hell I'm going in.
07-13-2018, 05:56 AM,
Of Brown
(07-12-2018, 10:59 PM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: That's the funniest damn thing Ive heard in awhile Mike hahaha. You kill me. Mindy, seriously love the way you think, you are looking at the book in the exact I do. Have you noticed the metaphors in book on opposite side of a picture or drawing that elude to going back, turning, rolling a log, looking back, when you look at bird on moon from opposite side it appears to be wearing glasses and also makes it look like she is looking behind her. Appears to be looking at "protecting planet". Tied with first page and he's an environmentalist above all else. About 4-6 more. Whether what we have discovered is part of puzzle or our imaginations, it's been a hoot. The two undeniable things I found was the folding of the biddies. 1)he says they were married, synonym for combining. 2)when you fold just enough to take them out of the picture, the title goes from No Place for Biddies > No ladies. Second, their earrings have C's in them, when you marry them together, the earrings become the eyes of a single ugly, fish or frog head. Then he says in last sentence "That'll teach those two". So obvious of a hint and it matches perfectly with line 23. In the wood means crazy, mad. Mad Magazine featured fold ins. When I told Antigroove this he posted about Mad over on another site. I have had this technique for about 9months now and there is more but I got bored with it. There are actual photos buried beneath other photos but they are fainter and sized smaller. There are marks from letters or other pics that change what you see or read on opposite page. Peggy's hair in Hush Puppies has the words Hat Maker. On very next page is Fenn saying jumped up and down on his hat, that is a hint to either James Lock and Sons or Earl of Coke. The first Bowler hat was made by Lock for Coke, who jumped up and down on it to test it. We have soda cap collection, Dr Pepper, shooting birds(Coke had an almost obsession for shooting birds) and more. There are the coke ovens of Co. Yet we also have the name Lock, we are looking for a key. An older armchair treasure hunt was solved by finding the lock or something similar. Which is it? I think I know the answer. But I'm as flighty as a magpie when it sees a shiny bauble.

Yes, it seems like we do think alike in many ways! I noticed that many words can mean mad. So many different words can have the same meanings.

Themes I found in the poem:

Mad/furious/crazy
Gay
Judge/Justice/morally incorrect
Right
(There are more, but I have to check my notes again)

I had an old translation of the poem which I will revisit (if my current solve is wrong) since I’ve found out you were thinking similarly.

I’ll have to go back to my notes, but for “if you are brave an in the wood,” I had the phrase “if you are brave,” translating to “if you are furious.”

So we are close on that one. I can’t remember what “and in the wood” translated to—I’m curious now, though, so I’ll check my notes.

I do believe that there are things taken out and put in the poem by Forrest, and you have to find them and add them all up in the right order to get the answers.

I think there are a couple kennings. And the commas are wrong, but purposely wrong because he doesn’t follow the rules. If you read his answers on Jenny’s site, you’ll find that sometimes he uses commas right, and sometimes not, in very similar instances.

For example, he might say “Thanks for the question, Mary...”

And then writes this:

“I know of a few searchers who have been reasonably close to the treasure puttputt, but there is no indication that they knew it. No one has given me the correct solve past the first two clues.f”

Notice the mistake that might be a big ole hint?

Anyway, Stephanie might wanna try and remember where she searched near a putt putt. Smile

Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
07-13-2018, 01:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-13-2018, 02:03 PM by DeeepThnkr.)
We seek out! I had the right answer for stanza 6 years ago. Brown means bright= wise. If you, rainBow, line 23, Johns, on and on it goes. Dominoes are falling.

Omg Mindy, you just gave me the final knot!!! Putt-putt lol. Yesssss!! It fits perfectly with the location and what I found just now. Brilliant

Oh crap, I had the key word a couple days ago and failed to connect it to my last geographical spot. They match. They MATCH!!
07-13-2018, 02:20 PM,
(07-13-2018, 12:13 AM)DeeepThnkr Wrote: You bastard MM, you know I can't help myself! I'll just walk over to the edge of the hole(whistling while looking everywhere but in the hole) and not.....OH hell I'm going in.
You can lay a body in there.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brown Trout / Home of Brown Windy City 31 16,177 10-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Last Post: OjoDude
  Rebels ideas on Brown and the Home of Brown Rebel 9 1,972 10-07-2017, 09:01 PM
  Brown trout and the home of Brown Indy 7 2,712 10-07-2017, 08:39 PM