Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you feeling brave?
03-09-2018, 11:51 PM,
Are you feeling brave?
Hey everyone, I was just thinking about something that happened at work, and realized another possible definition of brave.

So I'm a mechanic, and it's not the first time I've heard it, but since I was thinking about the chase it struck a chord.

Last week another tech was asking around for guys to help push a car. I came over to help, and he yelled for another guy. He said, "hey Marv, you feeling brave?"

I asked him later what he meant by brave, and he said he guesses it meant strong.

So if we are supposed to be brave and in the wood, are we supposed to be strong and in the wood? It fits in with effort.

I know some also mention crossing a street.

I'm starting to think it varies which meaning is intended depending on what part of the solve you are at
03-10-2018, 12:50 AM,
RE: Are you feeling brave?
I would say that meaning in the context you gave is "bold", one meaning of brave. Something that stands out. Good point.
03-10-2018, 01:57 AM,
Thanks prehistoric. I've heard that so much from my time in automotive, that it only caught my attention because I had the poem in my head when he said it.
03-12-2018, 08:30 AM,
(03-09-2018, 11:51 PM)Billy bones Wrote: I'm starting to think it varies which meaning is intended depending on what part of the solve you are at

I believe you are correct. IMO, most of the lines execute on multiple levels, in that they work, make sense, achieve their purpose in differing contexts.

One of the uses of this line is as an instruction set as to how to solve the poem. At one point you will have to be brave...and later you must be 'in the wood', all in the context of solving the poem.
I want this to be a fair fight. I'll shoot him in the back myself. That's the Code of the West!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a GUT feeling . . . hmm Andrew Jef 15 1,361 53 minutes ago
Last Post: Chris Yates
  I'm getting this weird feeling.... Gordon Lightfoot 11 2,815 03-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  I Have a Solid Feeling In Knowing No Rest... Iron Will 1 669 01-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jbensi