Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
has anyone?
03-10-2018, 07:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2018, 07:56 PM by pidmt.)
has anyone?
has any one found a hint to the number 54 from fenns books ,scrapbook, interviews or so on ,i dont mean 5 plus 4 equals 9 cause there are 9 clues i mean the number 54,
03-10-2018, 08:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2018, 01:29 PM by knighterrant.)
RE: has anyone?
(03-10-2018, 07:03 PM)pidmt Wrote: has any one found a hint to the number 54 from fenns books ,scrapbook, interviews or so on ,i dont mean 5 plus 4 equals 9 cause there are 9 clues i mean the number 54,

Are you talking about the aberration in one of his stories where he says he flew into Cody and then went 54 miles NORTH to Yellowstone, when it should have been WEST?

EDIT: I'd like to point something out here to you pidmt. One of the unshaved simpletons seemingly blew this out of the water on their site, along with a diatribe about people over here being idiots...

They showed a screenshot of this passage from one version of TFTW which correctly describes YS as being 54 miles west of Cody. Yet turns out, thanks to one of their more balanced posters, that there are discrepancies between the versions. And yes, the first edition version shows 54 miles north of Cody. Now why the change? Fenn's real comfortable with spelling and grammar mistakes. Why did he feel the need to "correct" this particular point of errata from one version to another? Probably nothing to the entire episode, but interesting to consider...

03-10-2018, 08:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2018, 08:49 PM by DL167.)
kant sez a fukn wrd
03-11-2018, 07:27 AM,
(03-10-2018, 08:26 PM)knighterrant Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 07:03 PM)pidmt Wrote: has any one found a hint to the number 54 from fenns books ,scrapbook, interviews or so on ,i dont mean 5 plus 4 equals 9 cause there are 9 clues i mean the number 54,

Are you talking about the aberration in one of his stories where he says he flew into Cody and then went 54 miles NORTH to Yellowstone, when it should have been WEST?

yep
03-11-2018, 12:23 PM,
(03-11-2018, 07:27 AM)pidmt Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 08:26 PM)knighterrant Wrote:

yep

West Yellowstone is "north" of Cody, according to Forrest's definition of North. This could be a big hint, by the way. I don't know if it is 54 miles away, but there must be a big piece of Yellowstone that is "north" of Cody.
03-12-2018, 08:22 AM,
Well, like anything from the canon of Fenn, if it grooves with one's solution it will be viewed as a hint. If not, it will be discounted. pidmt is trying to help you here, at least in the context of his solve, which may or may not be correct. IMO, if it is a hint, it has absolutely nothing to do with Cody or Yellowstone.

03-12-2018, 12:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2018, 12:08 PM by Diogenes the Cynic.)
I'm starting to think someone has hacked into my account. This hint highlighted the Yellowstone red herring and tickled the New Mexico searchers. To level the playing field, here's why the "54 miles to Cody" aberration is a solid locational hint. Forrest dedicated a chapter to how Skippy lost a car because of Cody the buffalo. He's also gently nudging us with 54 miles, which is alluding to the stars of "Car 54, Where Are You?".

It took me a while to figure out it was a nod to the lesser known "Car 54" star Charlotte Rae (Different Strokes, Facts of Life). After I eliminated the Todd Bridges rabbit hole, it was not far but too far to walk. The rule enforcing character of Mrs. Garrett was alluding to the famous New Mexican sheriff who killed Billy the Kid, Pat Garrett.

Mr. T bravely fought cancer and resides in Albuquerque. Your quest, two Si's. Yes! Yes!
03-12-2018, 12:19 PM,
(03-12-2018, 12:07 PM)Diogenes the Cynic Wrote: Mr. T bravely fought cancer and resides in Albuquerque. Your quest, two Si's. Yes! Yes!

Mr. T lives in ABQ? I didn't know that, this changes everything Thanks Diogenes! It's beginning to look like this poem is a tribute to Mr. T after all, I mean who really cares about Eric Sloane anyway.

I don't know if you are aware or not but Mr. T's real name is Lawrence Tureaud. Lawrence? Come on, that practically screams San Lorenzo Pueblo. Someone needs to start asking Fenn some hard hitting questions about his relationship with Mr. T.

03-12-2018, 12:31 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2018, 12:42 PM by Diogenes the Cynic.)
Ha! I hadn't thought of how Lawrence ties into this. Are you implying if you travel far enough, everything is north of Sante Fe? Fascinating.

Mr. T splits his time between ABQ and Chicago. He also has a nice resume of helping children. I've written to Fenn about this several times, but I also know better than to take his silence as a clue. How could I not?

Make sure you bring a metal detector. Tureaud anagrams to dure t au; dirty gold. It's buried!
03-12-2018, 12:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2018, 12:49 PM by knighterrant.)
(03-12-2018, 12:31 PM)Diogenes the Cynic Wrote: Ha! I hadn't thought of how Lawrence ties into this. Are you implying if you travel far enough, everything is north of Sante Fe? Fascinating.

Mr. T splits his time between ABQ and Chicago. He also has a nice resume of helping children. I've written to Fenn about this several times, but I also know better than to take his silence as a clue. How could I not?

Make sure you bring a metal detector. Tureaud anagrams to dure t au; dirty gold. It's buried!

Since your theory is obviously spot on, Fenn might be tempted to mislead you in any communique. Since he does not deliberately mislead, he cannot reply. His silence is clearly confirmation that you are on target. The logic is foolproof.

Make sure you bring a metal detector. Tureaud anagrams to dure t au; dirty gold. It's buried! ---Obviously, I see it so clearly now.

Seriously though, I take Fenn at his word when it comes to the safety hints/groundrules. There are no mind games to play or clues and hints to be found in the search region parameters. To think otherwise is folly. And I'll include the obligatory IMO. It's a shame we can't supersize those letters, I mean mere capitalization does not do it justice.