Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
has anyone?
03-12-2018, 12:56 PM,
RE: has anyone?
That's probably why Mr F has a queasy feeling in his stomach. He never thought we would figure out the Mr T and Mrs Garrett connections so fast. I think he is getting gas.
03-12-2018, 01:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-12-2018, 01:07 PM by knighterrant.)
(03-12-2018, 12:56 PM)dude here Wrote: That's probably why Mr F has a queasy feeling in his stomach. He never thought we would figure out the Mr T and Mrs Garrett connections so fast. I think he is getting gas.

I agree. Thanks to Diogenes in depth research, the dominoes are beginning to fall one by one. This thing should be wrapped up soon. I just hope he's not getting gas at the Phillips 66 on the busiest street in Sante Fe; he might try and beat us to it.

03-12-2018, 03:10 PM,
some one showed how smart they werent on on another site ,saying i posted incorrect info,about the cody thing where fenn went north when he should have told people 54 miles west,for the record i emailed fenn about that heading north thing after i read the 1st release of tftw,he said i was probably the 1st person to call him out on that,then he said i thought i was safe with that one,,in the later printings its says west,so thanks T A now i know what the clue means for sure
03-12-2018, 03:39 PM,
I agree. Thanks to Diogenes in depth research, the dominoes are beginning to fall one by one. This thing should be wrapped up soon. I just hope he's not getting gas at the Phillips 66 on the busiest street in Sante Fe; he might try and beat us to it.
[/quote]

I see where you're going with this. Please be careful. There is clearly an open challenge for a road trip to "Hell's Half Acre". The double solve will surprise many.

@pidmt: I have yet to read TFTW. When I reach that portion of the book, I'll smile and acknowledge you. Thank you for the history.
03-12-2018, 05:32 PM,
(03-12-2018, 03:10 PM)pidmt Wrote: some one showed how smart they werent on on another site ,saying i posted incorrect info,about the cody thing where fenn went north when he should have told people 54 miles west,for the record i emailed fenn about that heading north thing after i read the 1st release of tftw,he said i was probably the 1st person to call him out on that,then he said i thought i was safe with that one,,in the later printings its says west,so thanks T A now i know what the clue means for sure

Yes, indeed....in case anyone is keeping score.....add another one for the home team.
03-13-2018, 06:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 12:14 PM by pidmt.)
this is for the very smart ,bright ,brilliant TA ,from the other site who reads chase chat everyday probably to get hints or clues or troll,the cody thing was not a misprint it was a well placed clue ,thats why fenn changed it ,it is a very big clue that you will never ever figure out, i bet ever since you were proven wrong your computer probably overloaded,and you aint took your eyes off that clue .you might as well close your eyes and read it,so why dont you stay on your side of the fence and talk about the chase for a change,cause frankly im tired of your mouth already
03-13-2018, 02:09 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 02:13 PM by knighterrant.)
(03-13-2018, 06:51 AM)pidmt Wrote: this is for the very smart ,bright ,brilliant TA ,from the other site who reads chase chat everyday probably to get hints or clues or troll,the cody thing was not a misprint it was a well placed clue ,thats why fenn changed it ,it is a very big clue that you will never ever figure out, i bet ever since you were proven wrong your computer probably overloaded,and you aint took your eyes off that clue .you might as well close your eyes and read it,so why dont you stay on your side of the fence and talk about the chase for a change,cause frankly im tired of your mouth already

Pidmt, don't get your scots-irish up over TA. Sure, he runs off at the mouth without re-reading this thread thoroughly, and he's quick to call people idiots...but we have probably all been guilty of these sins at some time.

I think you need to ask yourself the following...If this is a really a clue or hint, why did Fenn feel the need to correct it in subsequent versions? In trying to solve the poem I operate under the general principle that Fenn is a mostly honorable fellow; whether I believe that 100% or not is immaterial. It wouldn't paint him in a very favorable light if this was a huge clue, that he tried to hide or deny to anyone who purchased a later version of his book. Was it so large a hint that he felt compelled to change it later? Or was it changed for some other reason?

I'm not going to purchase a copy of every version of every book he's written to try and cross reference any errata that might have been changed from book to book. Not knowing how many times this has occurred makes it difficult to analyze this particular instance. But I think you have to wonder why the north in the first version? According to my understanding of Razorback's post 'over there'; Fenn went so far as to correct it himself while signing RB's book which certainly caused attention to be drawn to it. Why would he do so, and then suddenly serve up a 'corrected' version in the subsequent printings? Maybe it wasn't a hint at all, and he wanted it corrected because it was misleading people.

Of course, like you, I find it to be a hint because it grooves with my solve. That doesn't mean it is. Now I'm talking in circles....

03-13-2018, 05:51 PM,
@realistrealist: I will concede that any solve is better than anything I can put together, especially if you actually tie geographic locations. D accepted. If I ever find the chest, it will be Mr. Magoo style. I think Forrest said no one would happen upon the chest though. I don't have a clue let alone nine. Good luck in your quest!