Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ANAGRAM - Last line of poem
03-21-2018, 10:29 PM,
RE: ANAGRAM - Last line of poem
(03-21-2018, 12:34 PM)Anna Graham Wrote:
(03-21-2018, 11:35 AM)muset Wrote: You are correct about it taking a long time. So far five years.. there are many rules and a key word to learn along the way..
My concern is in case I do one day find the treasure, people are going to want to know how it did it. How will you feel when I answer "24 anagrams"? Will there be riots?
Muset, its taken me almost two years to get to my solution. We had this discussion a few weeks ago in another thread about the number of anagrams. I wonder how will they feel when I answer “48 anagrams”?

I can name that tune in "12 anagrams". It didn't get me there, but it did give me an excellent WWWH.
03-21-2018, 11:18 PM,
(03-21-2018, 12:34 PM)Anna Graham Wrote:
(03-21-2018, 11:35 AM)muset Wrote: You are correct about it taking a long time. So far five years.. there are many rules and a key word to learn along the way..
My concern is in case I do one day find the treasure, people are going to want to know how it did it. How will you feel when I answer "24 anagrams"? Will there be riots?
Muset, its taken me almost two years to get to my solution. We had this discussion a few weeks ago in another thread about the number of anagrams. I wonder how will they feel when I answer “48 anagrams”?

Shoot, you found the anagrammargana

Et tu ut te

Rats
=====

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056
03-22-2018, 06:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-22-2018, 06:59 AM by astree.)
?

It would automatically double the 24 to 48. So, half serious. And there is boneified help in the remark. However, if you were serious about the 48, I would strongly disagree as way too many, at least as far as the bare bones approach.

All in my o-pinyon.
=====

03-22-2018, 07:40 AM,
Agree context is important.
Dal wasn't the only one changing the rythming words to gather the real meaning behind them, but at the time everyone was also looking into anagrams and ciphers. So, I believe, in context Fenn was responding to everyone in a general sense, "Don't mess with the poem." I don't believe he was saying don't just change the words, but.....wait....anagrams do change the words (and their meaning).

So anagram = messing with the poem
03-22-2018, 08:20 AM,
(03-22-2018, 07:40 AM)filmguy Wrote: ... "Don't mess with the poem." I don't believe he was saying don't just change the words, but.....wait....anagrams do change the words (and their meaning).

So anagram = messing with the poem

Anagrams do change the words, but I believe a correct anagram does not change their meaning. For example, butterfly and flutterby.

Also, double negative! Fundy must be asleep at the wheel... wait, I think wheel is a key word. Just funnin' with you, Fundy. Smile
03-31-2018, 08:47 AM,
(03-19-2018, 12:09 PM)muset Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 07:39 AM)filmguy Wrote: Last time I checked anagrams require re-arranging letters to make a new word.
Didn't Fenn say don't mess with the poem.

Wouldn't re-arranging his words be messing (or changing) with it?

Context is most important when quoting other people.

Did anyone ever track down the context? I thought I had read that he was in the kitchen (messing) with Dal, but can't find the info

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...t_soup.jpg
=====

03-31-2018, 09:50 AM,
(03-31-2018, 08:47 AM)astree Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 12:09 PM)muset Wrote:
(03-19-2018, 07:39 AM)filmguy Wrote: Last time I checked anagrams require re-arranging letters to make a new word.
Didn't Fenn say don't mess with the poem.

Wouldn't re-arranging his words be messing (or changing) with it?

Context is most important when quoting other people.

Did anyone ever track down the context? I thought I had read that he was in the kitchen (messing) with Dal, but can't find the info

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...t_soup.jpg

From Dals

By the way. A couple of years ago I had a discussion with Forrest about “halt” not rhyming with “walk”. I was suggesting that one of those words might not be the right word and once the real word was put in place…and rhymed…that things became much clearer…
Forrest listened to me for a little bit and then jumped in and told me very directly, “Don’t mess with my poem.”

From Dals

Only one word in the poem does not fit the rhyming sequence. Why is that? Some have suggested that Forrest did this on purpose and in order to get the real clues one has to repair those errors. Forrest has not spoken about the construction of the poem nor about those idiosyncrasies in it. But poetry is an art form, not a science. Many poems never rhyme at all. Further, Forrest originally began writing the poem in 1988 so he has had a lot of time to make sure it’s exactly how he wants it. It is totally plausible that Forrest simply wrote it the way he did because he likes it that way and we should just accept it and move on. Perhaps we should not be trying to alter it. Once when I tried to substitute words in the poem he wrote me back and said “Don’t mess with my poem

From me

I asked if the word jumble had the same context as don't mess with the poem, Yes was the answer. So it's the same as him saying don't jumble the poem, I asked him this because of the anagram game Jumble.
03-31-2018, 10:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-31-2018, 10:32 AM by astree.)
Thank-you, 49 Dollars. I thought I had read somewhere, that Dal and Forrest were together in some type of food environment, when Forrest said that. Your quote of "he wrote me back" shows that they weren't together.
=====

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anagram fun true north 36 10,930 06-09-2018, 09:28 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  CY-LINE EnigmaticThree 27 8,229 05-14-2017, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Rich
  insight and clues from possible line i solved lostowl 3 1,320 04-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Rich
Video The first line of the poem TheTrueNorth 20 8,752 02-05-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: Eldorado
  First Line Umbra 30 9,077 12-03-2016, 09:55 AM
Last Post: boomergirl
  The first line James Perotti 3 1,800 08-11-2016, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Seannm