Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Could Fenn have put the treasure in some kind..
03-16-2018, 07:03 PM,
Could Fenn have put the treasure in some kind..
of closed container to protect it from the elements?
03-16-2018, 07:39 PM,
RE: Could Fenn have put the treasure in some kind..
he did, the chest.

Cruiser likes Mustard FJ40's, do you?
03-16-2018, 09:50 PM,
I'm taking this question seriously: I think Mr. Fenn took careful consideration where to place the chest. Yes, it's in a bronze chest. However, I think he put it in a location protected by rock, although it can be exposed to moisture and scorched by heat. Mr. Fenn did say he put his story, sealed in wax, in an olive jar, so he was concerned about longevity.

Source of Mr. Fenn's saying his autobiography was in an olive jar sealed with wax:
http://www.tdtnews.com/news/article_344f...f6878.html
HTTP 404 File Not Found
03-17-2018, 12:50 AM,
Thats why he was with his treasure bowled
03-17-2018, 01:49 PM,
(03-17-2018, 01:13 PM)legacyhelper Wrote: "Gordon", during this "non-searching" season, some of us have plenty of time to discuss all kinds of
things on this forum. So here goes, in answer to what you posted (ignoring the periods) -- in
English, my primary language.

Since your question, although potentially misleading, is simple, I'll give a simple answer: Yes.

I'll also give an explanation, in an effort to encourage other searchers to think.

I believe that Fenn could have put the treasure in some kind of closed container, which would have
large-enough gaps in its structure. Here's a "parallel", if I may: If a container is a typical bird cage, made of wire, a person could put sand into the container even if its door is securely closed, because the gaps between the wires provide for this.

If the "treasure" is the TC (and its contents), it could fit through large-enough gaps of a closed container that is large-enough and accessible (think of a lion's cage).

A typical clay pot or iron cauldron, if closed, could not very [well], while being closed, have the
TC put in.

(Using English, may I remind you) It's a tiny bit difficult for me to imagine (more on this later) that Fenn would want to put the treasure in some kind of closed container to protect it from the
elements. If FF was seriously/significantly concerned about protecting the container from the elements, It would make sense (to me) to choose a container that is reasonably resistant to potentially harmful effects caused by exposure to the elements. A stainless steel pot with a stainless steel lid might reasonably suffice for this. Since your question addressed protection of the container
by putting the treasure in the container, I'll address the question. Although in some (hypothetical) circumstance(s), the treasure could protect the container from the elements (i.e., by being a sacrificial anode), this idea is pretty "far-fetched". I present it to show the kind of imagination
and logic that may be useful/helpful to a correct solve.

Now I have a question to ask all genuine, serious searchers-for-the-Fenn-treasure: Have you used
a dictionary to look up the word "halt"?

Thank you, and good answer, but I was thinking of something more like this..room for beer cans on top once a searcher finds the bloody thing.

https://assets.academy.com/mgen/96/10088396.jpg

Just roll chest and go in peace. Smile
03-17-2018, 04:35 PM,
(03-17-2018, 01:49 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 01:13 PM)legacyhelper Wrote: "Gordon", during this "non-searching" season, some of us have plenty of time to discuss all kinds of
things on this forum. So here goes, in answer to what you posted (ignoring the periods) -- in
English, my primary language.

Since your question, although potentially misleading, is simple, I'll give a simple answer: Yes.

I'll also give an explanation, in an effort to encourage other searchers to think.

I believe that Fenn could have put the treasure in some kind of closed container, which would have
large-enough gaps in its structure. Here's a "parallel", if I may: If a container is a typical bird cage, made of wire, a person could put sand into the container even if its door is securely closed, because the gaps between the wires provide for this.

If the "treasure" is the TC (and its contents), it could fit through large-enough gaps of a closed container that is large-enough and accessible (think of a lion's cage).

A typical clay pot or iron cauldron, if closed, could not very [well], while being closed, have the
TC put in.

(Using English, may I remind you) It's a tiny bit difficult for me to imagine (more on this later) that Fenn would want to put the treasure in some kind of closed container to protect it from the
elements. If FF was seriously/significantly concerned about protecting the container from the elements, It would make sense (to me) to choose a container that is reasonably resistant to potentially harmful effects caused by exposure to the elements. A stainless steel pot with a stainless steel lid might reasonably suffice for this. Since your question addressed protection of the container
by putting the treasure in the container, I'll address the question. Although in some (hypothetical) circumstance(s), the treasure could protect the container from the elements (i.e., by being a sacrificial anode), this idea is pretty "far-fetched". I present it to show the kind of imagination
and logic that may be useful/helpful to a correct solve.

Now I have a question to ask all genuine, serious searchers-for-the-Fenn-treasure: Have you used
a dictionary to look up the word "halt"?

Thank you, and good answer, but I was thinking of something more like this..room for beer cans on top once a searcher finds the bloody thing.

https://assets.academy.com/mgen/96/10088396.jpg

Just roll chest and go in peace. Smile

Nice GL! You can fit a few Shiners or Lone Stars in that cooler!
03-17-2018, 04:58 PM,
(03-17-2018, 04:42 PM)legacyhelper Wrote: This may surprise y'all, but I spent a long time designing and building a
cart for the purpose of transporting the TC. After one search trip that included hiking with the cart, I decided (for a good reason -- that I don't want to now explain) not to use the cart again. It was a bit
cumbersome to bring while on a trail. How nervous are y'all now?

Not in the least bit nervous. Not sure why you would bother with a cart when a backpack will do.
03-17-2018, 05:48 PM,
I'm not surprised at all, especially after reading this thread.A simple pull along golf cart would serve the purpose nicely.Find those things cheap at garage sales,and sporting good stores.After reading this thread my nerves are mega calm Smile
03-17-2018, 11:06 PM,
Yes, it is hidden where it can't be damaged... under his control. It's in the Rockies, but the clues are not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wwwh/Y's/alien- what kind of camera Dal uses? DeeepThnkr 3 310 08-08-2018, 11:12 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
Video Forrest Fenn Treasure Found in Kirwin, WY jurassic 58 5,236 07-30-2018, 08:22 AM
Last Post: jurassic
  New Fenn Treasure Video MuertodeCorrales 0 198 07-16-2018, 05:57 PM
Last Post: MuertodeCorrales
  What kind of information is on the back. mikemarcum878 2 272 07-06-2018, 10:03 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  What kind of searcher do we have to be. mikemarcum878 0 147 07-03-2018, 11:45 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  I know where the treasure of forest Fenn is! csevans 27 4,950 04-23-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: dude here