Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've heard enough...
04-05-2018, 10:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-05-2018, 10:42 AM by crazyfamily.)
I've heard enough...
...to know for sure that the other blog operators come looking here and hoD for material.

Last night I wasted at least an hour watching Toby and company talk about nothing. Silly questions about WWWH(and other things) that none of the panelists wanted to talk about. What I did hear was SeanNM giving credit to bloggers at hoD for their ideas that he was incorporating. That's a good word for it, isn't it?

You often see Kpro here silently reading, and of course Harry's is notorious for bloggers reading here and then rushing over there to tell the group what was said.

The sad thing about all of this is that there are no new ideas anywhere. WWWH is still a hot spring or a river confluence. A question came in from a Superchat, a paid comment, that simply said "WWWH is BROWN TROUT." Really, people are paying to comment to those guys? When there was a good question from a Superchat, the panel had nothing to say about it. At least Illinois Ghost is using a river confluence that isn't the Madison and Firehole. SeanNM put up a mild challenge to the "what is the first clue" conversation when Toby asked what he thought about the New Mexico Fishing Reg's being WWWH. And that was about it.

I have to hand it to Toby, he is doing a nice job of monetization from nothing. I think, though, he'd do better getting some of the older searchers who have nothing to lose by giving away their solution. A searcher like Stephan the Pantsless Pirate would be fun to watch. Or intentionally pairing up some searchers that would expose faults in others solutions. Set up some ground rules and then turn 'em loose.

I used to say on here that agreement doesn't solve anything. Those guys were definitely afraid to challenge each other or Toby.

razyfamily