Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amtrak magazine article (April 2018)
04-14-2018, 07:34 PM,
(04-14-2018, 05:54 PM)antigroove Wrote:
(04-14-2018, 04:38 PM)JeremyP Wrote:
(04-14-2018, 03:29 PM)Mindy Wrote: Jeremy,
Have you been to Harry’s? Lol.

But I'm out to save YOUR soul, Mindy... because I'm bored and there's nothing on TV.

"Whomever solves the clues and finds the treasure is going to get it, whether they’re the nicest person in the world, or the biggest jerk." - Jeremy P., MW 9-29-2017

"Maybe it’s my inherent idealistic view on life that gives me my 'gut feelings' on how F would like to see it play out. He did say he hopes someone deserving will be the finder." - Mindy, MW 9-29-2017

You should be that chick. Be the person deserving to have found it. That's your choice and it doesn't have anything to do with anything anyone else does.

Last paragraph should summarize the chase.

How about a little levity on this beautiful Saturday night? Smile

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
04-14-2018, 10:30 PM,
RE: Amtrak magazine article (April 2018)
(04-13-2018, 06:27 PM)Mindy Wrote: Lol, that article is full of pretty bold mistakes. Want me to list them? Smile

Sure, I will take up on that one. I hope that all is well with you and yours.
04-15-2018, 07:00 AM,
Does anyone think that Mr. Fenn would intentionally tell a journalist a hint or even a clue to be included in an article that the writer wouldn’t understand?
“You're a creature of habit, run like a rabbit
Scared of a fear you can't name”
04-15-2018, 07:07 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-15-2018, 07:08 AM by astree.)
(04-15-2018, 07:00 AM)whatiff Wrote: Does anyone think that Mr. Fenn would intentionally tell a journalist a hint or even a clue to be included in an article that the writer wouldn’t understand?

Yes. But we might not get the full effect if its relayed imprecisely.
=====

Note to self: do not motorcycle after practicing on the backward bicycle
04-16-2018, 04:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 05:28 AM by Mindy.)
About the article... Marti claims she was misquoted by the author. I contacted the author to get his side of the story. He replied and said he did not misquote her. He told me he records all his interviews and has them professionally transcribed. So Marti did actually say that F said she was closest. So that’s TWO women he supposedly told were close.

And if the quotes are right, which quotes does FF claim are not? The only ones he can claim are not right are his own, and the author of the article is positive everything was transcribed exactly as related to him.

The author also said he knows about the poem blunder and is working to get it fixed online.

He said no one, including F, has contacted him about any errors. He said Dal recommended he interview Marti.

He seems like a nice guy who genuinely tried to get things right.

Oh, and this is not a “personal attack.” This is a clarification from the author on questions raised by the article.

Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
04-16-2018, 06:34 AM,
(04-16-2018, 04:52 AM)Mindy Wrote: About the article... Marti claims she was misquoted by the author. I contacted the author to get his side of the story. He replied and said he did not misquote her. He told me he records all his interviews and has them professionally transcribed. So Marti did actually say that F said she was closest. So that’s TWO women he supposedly told were close.

And if the quotes are right, which quotes does FF claim are not? The only ones he can claim are not right are his own, and the author of the article is positive everything was transcribed exactly as related to him.

The author also said he knows about the poem blunder and is working to get it fixed online.

He said no one, including F, has contacted him about any errors. He said Dal recommended he interview Marti.

Oh, and this is not a “personal attack.” This is a clarification from the author on questions raised by the article.

And the plot thickens....
04-16-2018, 07:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 08:01 AM by crazyfamily.)
(04-16-2018, 04:52 AM)Mindy Wrote: About the article... Marti claims she was misquoted by the author. I contacted the author to get his side of the story. He replied and said he did not misquote her. He told me he records all his interviews and has them professionally transcribed. So Marti did actually say that F said she was closest. So that’s TWO women he supposedly told were close.

I could not be less surprised. There's a climate in this country currently being perpetrated from the top that all journalism is false.

Remember the Dokoupil Newsweek article? Dal and Stephanie claimed that it was misleading and dangerous(if I remember correctly). I contacted Tony but got no response, so in the absence of any effort by the one being quoted to correct what is wrong it's fair game to consider the quotes as accurate.

I was surprised to read about Forrest pillaging ancient sites in Arizona with his partner, but when the guys own children were telling the stories it comes off as very plausible. No one disputes it, not even Forrest.

No Fake News In This Story! Only fake actors. It's possible that Forrest didn't tell her she was closest, that she just made it up.

Of course, whenever you preface a comment with “if” it becomes hypothetical.

razyfamily
04-17-2018, 06:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 06:32 AM by Buddy Allen.)
(04-16-2018, 07:14 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:

I could not be less surprised. There's a climate in this country currently being perpetrated from the top that all journalism is false.

Remember the Dokoupil Newsweek article? Dal and Stephanie claimed that it was misleading and dangerous(if I remember correctly). I contacted Tony but got no response, so in the absence of any effort by the one being quoted to correct what is wrong it's fair game to consider the quotes as accurate.

I was surprised to read about Forrest pillaging ancient sites in Arizona with his partner, but when the guys own children were telling the stories it comes off as very plausible. No one disputes it, not even Forrest.

No Fake News In This Story! Only fake actors. It's possible that Forrest didn't tell her she was closest, that she just made it up.

Of course, whenever you preface a comment with “if” it becomes hypothetical.

razyfamily

I love how you get away with being political so much. You're a treasure and a keeper. Stay Crazed. Make CC Great Again!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CNBC Article 04-17-2018 Diogenes the Cynic 16 1,062 5 hours ago
Last Post: NTMI
  searcher coin contest ends April 27 mdc777 1 182 Yesterday, 05:09 AM
Last Post: admin
  Amtrak article publicly compromises the chase, imo. Bet 27 1,786 04-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Bet
  April 15th: Jackie Robinson day ThrillChaser 10 2,030 04-14-2018, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  2018 Search Season Anticipation dude here 2 883 03-16-2018, 10:22 AM
Last Post: dude here
Exclamation Fennboree 2018 and Facilitators Desertphile 25 3,099 12-14-2017, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth