Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Amtrak article publicly compromises the chase, imo.
04-16-2018, 06:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 06:36 AM by Bet.)
RE: Amtrak article publicly compromises the chase, imo.
(04-16-2018, 04:54 AM)Mindy Wrote: About the article... Marti claims she was misquoted by the author. I contacted the author to get his side of the story. He replied and said he did not misquote her. He told me he records all his interviews and has them professionally transcribed. So Marti did actually say that F said she was closest. So that’s TWO women he supposedly told were close.

The author also said he knows about the poem blunder and is working to get it fixed online.

He said no one, including F, has contacted him about any errors.

He seems like a nice guy who genuinely tried to get things right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I thought. No reputable journalist would put in quotes something that wasn’t exactly what that person said. I assumed it had to have been recorded. He got the dialect down perfectly....he could only have done this with the words verbatim. It appears that DG did indeed publicly call into question the integrity of the chase. Sort of makes all the sites jumping to her defence look a bit silly right now.
04-16-2018, 06:41 AM,
(04-16-2018, 06:30 AM)Bet Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 04:54 AM)Mindy Wrote: About the article... Marti claims she was misquoted by the author. I contacted the author to get his side of the story. He replied and said he did not misquote her. He told me he records all his interviews and has them professionally transcribed. So Marti did actually say that F said she was closest. So that’s TWO women he supposedly told were close.

The author also said he knows about the poem blunder and is working to get it fixed online.

This is exactly what I thought. No reputable journalist would put in quotes something that wasn’t exactly what that person said. I assumed it had to have been recorded. He got the dialect down perfectly....he could only have done this with the words verbatim. It appears that DG did indeed publicly call into question the integrity of the chase. Sort of makes all the sites jumping to her defence look a bit silly right now.

In F’s defense, he didn’t say WHO misquoted. Certainly not the journalist.

Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
04-16-2018, 06:47 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-18-2018, 01:40 PM by Bet.)
(04-16-2018, 06:41 AM)Mindy Wrote:

Good point. This had to be refuted even if he said it.....right? It’s damaging. How will we ever know the truth? How much leverage does a searcher have who possesses damaging emails, Mindy?
04-16-2018, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 07:41 AM by Mindy.)
(04-16-2018, 06:47 AM)Bet Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 06:41 AM)Mindy Wrote:

Good point. This had to be refuted even if he said it.....right? It’s very very damaging. How will we ever know the truth? How much leverage does a searcher have who possesses damaging emails, Mindy?

Bet,
I don’t know. A lot of leverage, I presume.
It’s clear, though, that DG was one of the ones who misquoted, and that she attempted to cover it up after the fact.
To me, this is some bizarre stuff. F seems more than content to continually throw DG under the bus.
And I don’t know whether to be flattered by the imitating of the Viking thing or not. Kpro said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I know I don’t go around calling myself “Diggin’ Mindy.” Lol.

And I’ll also say in DG’s defense, that I believe she is afraid of what will be revealed if those “damaging emails” go public.

All in my opinion, except for the facts, of course.

Edit: Prediction—F will come out with something to boost DG’s ego in an attempt to make me look wrong. Lol. I’m quite a few steps ahead of ya, FF.

Mindy's blogs:

04-16-2018, 07:44 AM,

Man, I wish I knew you were contacting him.
Did anyone else see that his "P.S. I will find the treasure or die trying" actually came from Randy Bilyeu?
And then to respond, "Where do I send the flowers" - Talk about a jab back at the family.
I'm curious on the details on that graphic.
04-16-2018, 07:45 AM,
(04-16-2018, 07:44 AM)filmguy Wrote:

Did anyone else see that his "P.S. I will find the treasure or die trying" actually came from Randy Bilyeu?
And then to respond, "Where do I send the flowers" - Talk about a jab back at the family.

I’ll ask him and see if he responds.
Mindy's blogs:

04-16-2018, 07:55 AM,

That was smart to go to the source.
I think that will do the trick!
04-16-2018, 08:20 AM,

Wow.....I didn’t see this. That’s awful.
04-16-2018, 08:39 AM,

@filmguy:

Here is the response.

[Image: 80a103bb5e4a93c749d917df84b7773d.jpg]

Mindy's blogs:

04-16-2018, 08:58 AM,
(04-16-2018, 08:53 AM)rmx63 Wrote: The books can be interpreted a thousand different ways, same as everything he says as well as the poem.
Someone posted the link earlier from Dals site including the comment I'd bet on that woman.. She may have interpreted that to mean she's been the closest when in reality it was probably meant for her determination. You want to improve the site,one way to start would maybe people could drop the extreme drama. I want to read about the chase, possible ideas to move forward with the find. It's very trying to log in to read new posts and again it's just full of secret emails, insider info, slandering of one another and so on.
If I had such negative feelings about the search...I'd quit
The blogs are turning into attack sites amongst the "top searchers" LOL
The he said, she said stuff is very annoying.. Perhaps admin can start an area called the soaps area for all to post personal feelings of unfairness and resentment. The ones who want no part of it can avoid it like it should be then.

That might be a good idea. Thanks for posting.

Mindy's blogs:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another new article about the chase brubr 4 636 07-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Amtrak magazine article (April 2018) astree 53 8,318 04-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  New Vox Article on the Chase crustacean 22 4,532 03-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Last Post: decall