Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Amtrak article publicly compromises the chase, imo.
04-16-2018, 08:53 AM,
RE: Amtrak article publicly compromises the chase, imo.
The books can be interpreted a thousand different ways, same as everything he says as well as the poem.
Someone posted the link earlier from Dals site including the comment I'd bet on that woman.. She may have interpreted that to mean she's been the closest when in reality it was probably meant for her determination. You want to improve the site,one way to start would maybe people could drop the extreme drama. I want to read about the chase, possible ideas to move forward with the find. It's very trying to log in to read new posts and again it's just full of secret emails, insider info, slandering of one another and so on.
If I had such negative feelings about the search...I'd quit
The blogs are turning into attack sites amongst the "top searchers" LOL
The he said, she said stuff is very annoying.. Perhaps admin can start an area called the soaps area for all to post personal feelings of unfairness and resentment. The ones who want no part of it can avoid it like it should be then.
04-16-2018, 08:58 AM,
Amtrak article publicly compromises the chase, imo.
(04-16-2018, 08:53 AM)rmx63 Wrote: The books can be interpreted a thousand different ways, same as everything he says as well as the poem.
Someone posted the link earlier from Dals site including the comment I'd bet on that woman.. She may have interpreted that to mean she's been the closest when in reality it was probably meant for her determination. You want to improve the site,one way to start would maybe people could drop the extreme drama. I want to read about the chase, possible ideas to move forward with the find. It's very trying to log in to read new posts and again it's just full of secret emails, insider info, slandering of one another and so on.
The he said, she said stuff is very annoying.. Perhaps admin can start an area called the soaps area for all to post personal feelings of unfairness and resentment. The ones who want no part of it can avoid it like it should be then.

That might be a good idea. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
04-16-2018, 09:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 09:13 AM by filmguy.)
I agree.
It's hard to believe Harry's is full of grown adults. My first impression was that they were in their low 20s, got banned from here, and still have a little of that teenager rebellion/temper tantrum in them.

I thought the old moderator from here was much older than that though.....

It's true you would never see this kind of communication face to face in self-respecting adults.
But the keyboard and hiding behind screen-names gives some people confidence and a false sense of superiority.
04-16-2018, 09:21 AM,
(04-16-2018, 09:12 AM)filmguy Wrote: I agree.
It's hard to believe Harry's is full of grown adults. My first impression was that they were in their low 20s, got banned from here, and still have a little of that teenager rebellion/temper tantrum in them.

I thought the old moderator from here was much older than that though.....

It's true you would never see this kind of communication face to face in self-respecting adults.
But the keyboard and hiding behind screen-names gives some people confidence and a false sense of superiority.

I agree 100% I joined there first and some people were extremely opinionated and downright harsh to others. This behavior makes some people afraid to even post. Everyone is entitled to an opinion without being belittled for it.
04-16-2018, 09:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 09:40 AM by Bet.)
(04-16-2018, 07:55 AM)fundamental design Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 04:54 AM)Mindy Wrote: About the article... Marti claims she was misquoted by the author. I contacted the author to get his side of the story. He replied and said he did not misquote her. He told me he records all his interviews and has them professionally transcribed. So Marti did actually say that F said she was closest. So that’s TWO women he supposedly told were close.

The author also said he knows about the poem blunder and is working to get it fixed online.

He said no one, including F, has contacted him about any errors.

He seems like a nice guy who genuinely tried to get things right.

That was smart to go to the source.

Yes it was.....due diligence is always a good thing. So what do we make of these quotes? No quotes were made up.....they are on tape and worded completely as stated.
Here are the two posts that came immediately on the heels of the article
Diggingypsy
Posts 193
April 13th, 2018, 4:47 pm #18

Lol ? the magazine does have a few mos quotes. Forrest never said I was the closest the reporter must of misunderstood I just said fenn said if he was a betting man he would bet on me lol ? writer got carried away.

RealKpro
Posts 420
April 13th, 2018, 7:50 pm #22

Here is the post:

I asked Forrest what he thought of the article. From Forrest Fenn:

It has lots of errors and some made-up quotes. f

As always, thank you Forrest for helping THORers. **with permission to post**
04-16-2018, 04:31 PM,
(04-16-2018, 08:53 AM)rmx63 Wrote: (snip)

Therapy Room is a good place for that
04-16-2018, 07:03 PM,
(04-16-2018, 08:58 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 08:53 AM)rmx63 Wrote: The books can be interpreted a thousand different ways, same as everything he says as well as the poem.

That might be a good idea. Thanks for posting.

This is why I like you, Mindy. Keep it up.
04-17-2018, 07:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 08:04 AM by Bet.)

Well let’s see in one part of the article we have this quote
“If I were a betting man I’d bet on this woman.” That’s enough for Kreis to think she’s on the right track. “He gave me the big head to think, Well dang, I’m hot. I’m in the area,” she says
Btw, I thought FF never commented on a solve. Later in the article is where she says she was closest. Two different things. Two separate quotes. I can’t speculate all I can do is go on the words spoken. Why the need for DG to malign the journalist.....if this was something innocuous. Remember she was recorded, so clearly it looks like she is trying to spin the facts here.
How do you explain the email posted where this same person tells Fenn she will destroy his emails if he will tell her if page 99 of TTOTC is a map.
Sorry Rmx.....this isn’t a soap opera....this is the reality of the chase.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amtrak magazine article (April 2018) astree 57 4,533 04-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  New Vox Article on the Chase crustacean 22 4,021 03-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Last Post: decall
  New article on the chase JamLady 18 7,276 06-19-2016, 08:35 PM
Last Post: Project Why