Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if the treasure moves?
04-16-2018, 11:19 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2018, 11:22 AM by monkeyking.)
I had a brain flash and wondered, "What if the treasure is not in just one spot, meaning it moves." That would explain many of the seeming conundrums in the hints. After reading the recent post about "on the Road" it started to make more sense. What if the treasure is also "on the road." I don't suspect that it is in some ones car, or perhaps it is. What if he hid it in his car, hence the "final clue" about his car being left in Arizona or Denver. Where is his old pickup that he would throw his bedroll in and just head out for adventure? If I wanted to take my treasure and myself to a place to die my car would be the best way to take both I and the treasure, at the same time. Or perhaps hidden in a train car pulled by a steam engine? There are several of those in the search area. Not associated with a structure, well a car is not a structure. More than 7... miles north of Santa Fe, sure. A few people have been within 200 feet and not known how close they were; Yea, because it was just another car, it wouldn't be in there would it. Perhaps it was within 200 feet of them, then it moved...

Edit to add. It was the post on Catcher in the Rye, similar but different.
04-16-2018, 11:35 AM,
RE: What if the treasure moves?
Or it could be like Brigadoon!

Not being critical, just trying for some levity here.
04-16-2018, 11:37 AM,
(04-16-2018, 11:19 AM)monkeyking Wrote: I had a brain flash and wondered, "What if the treasure is not in just one spot, meaning it moves." That would explain many of the seeming conundrums in the hints. After reading the recent post about "on the Road" it started to make more sense. What if the treasure is also "on the road." I don't suspect that it is in some ones car, or perhaps it is. What if he hid it in his car, hence the "final clue" about his car being left in Arizona or Denver. Where is his old pickup that he would throw his bedroll in and just head out for adventure? If I wanted to take my treasure and myself to a place to die my car would be the best way to take both I and the treasure, at the same time. Or perhaps hidden in a train car pulled by a steam engine? There are several of those in the search area. Not associated with a structure, well a car is not a structure. More than 7... miles north of Santa Fe, sure. A few people have been within 200 feet and not known how close they were; Yea, because it was just another car, it wouldn't be in there would it. Perhaps it was within 200 feet of them, then it moved...

That’s an interesting thought. But sorta contradicts that the treasure is in some spot, waiting for the right person to find it (paraphrased). If it’s moving, how would you know where to get it? And will railroad trains still be running a thousand years from now?

I like the idea of the tc being in an old plane or the bullet. I found a bullet-lookalike on the trail to Glorieta—it was definitely “shot” (full of bullet holes).

And he said he made a vow with his jet about bringing him home, and it did, all but two times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
04-16-2018, 01:44 PM,
(04-16-2018, 11:35 AM)Beavertooth Wrote: Or it could be like Brigadoon!

Not being critical, just trying for some levity here.

All levity aside, by my reckoning it is very much like Brigadoon.
04-16-2018, 04:11 PM,
Almost like being in love
04-16-2018, 04:25 PM,
(04-16-2018, 04:11 PM)Buddy Allen Wrote: Almost like being in love

LOL
04-17-2018, 04:58 PM,
(04-16-2018, 11:37 AM)Mindy Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 11:19 AM)monkeyking Wrote: I had a brain flash and wondered, "What if the treasure is not in just one spot, meaning it moves." That would explain many of the seeming conundrums in the hints. After reading the recent post about "on the Road" it started to make more sense. What if the treasure is also "on the road." I don't suspect that it is in some ones car, or perhaps it is. What if he hid it in his car, hence the "final clue" about his car being left in Arizona or Denver. Where is his old pickup that he would throw his bedroll in and just head out for adventure? If I wanted to take my treasure and myself to a place to die my car would be the best way to take both I and the treasure, at the same time. Or perhaps hidden in a train car pulled by a steam engine? There are several of those in the search area. Not associated with a structure, well a car is not a structure. More than 7... miles north of Santa Fe, sure. A few people have been within 200 feet and not known how close they were; Yea, because it was just another car, it wouldn't be in there would it. Perhaps it was within 200 feet of them, then it moved...

That’s an interesting thought. But sorta contradicts that the treasure is in some spot, waiting for the right person to find it (paraphrased). If it’s moving, how would you know where to get it? And will railroad trains still be running a thousand years from now?

I like the idea of the tc being in an old plane or the bullet. I found a bullet-lookalike on the trail to Glorieta—it was definitely “shot” (full of bullet holes).

And he said he made a vow with his jet about bringing him home, and it did, all but two times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have to find his pickup. Then you find precious cargo...yes I know the idea is kinda out there but it would resolve some of the conundrums I am trying to resolve. As far as trains they may not be running in 1000 years but the Train car may well last that long. I was sort of thinking about the Toltec Cumbres line. I know a lot of people have used locations along that run as locations in the poem. I was thinking what if the poem described the while rail line and he put the treasure in some hidden spot on the train itself so it is constantly moving along the rails, like a vagabond.
04-17-2018, 05:36 PM,
(04-17-2018, 04:58 PM)monkeyking Wrote: You have to find his pickup. Then you find precious cargo...yes I know the idea is kinda out there but it would resolve some of the conundrums I am trying to resolve. As far as trains they may not be running in 1000 years but the Train car may well last that long. I was sort of thinking about the Toltec Cumbres line. I know a lot of people have used locations along that run as locations in the poem. I was thinking what if the poem described the while rail line and he put the treasure in some hidden spot on the train itself so it is constantly moving along the rails, like a vagabond.

He has said no one would stumble upon the treasure. A mechanic or a refurbisher could stumble across something hidden in the train. Also, the treasure is not associated with a structure -- would you consider a train car, etc. to be a structure?
04-17-2018, 05:49 PM,
Hmmm, could it be two brown cars? Say, 2 1990 Daihatsu Rocky's? By the radiator? Under the heater core? Even better if they were painted gold...too far to walk? done it tired? They are old, so they probably creak--but don't come with a paddle shifter...

Headed for the drawing board. New solve coming up!!!
04-17-2018, 06:00 PM,
He has said no one would stumble upon the treasure. A mechanic or a refurbisher could stumble across something hidden in the train. Also, the treasure is not associated with a structure -- would you consider a train car, etc. to be a structure?
[/quote]
re: stumble upon, That is why, if it is in some sort of vehicle, it is either permanently out of service, so no one will be working on it or he owns it and would make sure that it is not discovered prematurely. So I guess my idea of on the moving train is likely out but there are many trains about that are on display...and airplanes...and trucks...

Any one know of an F-100 on display anywhere?

Structure question:

From dictionary.com

1. mode of building, construction, or organization; arrangement of parts, elements, or constituents: i.e. a pyramidal structure.
2.something built or constructed, as a building, bridge, or dam.
3.a complex system considered from the point of view of the whole rather than of any single part: i.e. the structure of modern science.
4. anything composed of parts arranged together in some way; i.e. an organization.

In some ways it may be a structure. But then even a pile of rocks he put on top of the chest could be a "structure" if defined loosely. IIRC FF used that term when he was dissuading people from tearing up outhouses and such. In that context I think he meant buildings or similar objects i.e. ancient ruins

That is why I thought it might be possible. Yes, it is still a stretch of some of the so called hints he has given but I don't see that the poem excludes it. At this point I think that some reinterpreting of the so called hints may be required, as no one has found it yet. I do not put it past him to use some of the hints as more of a confuser than a de-confuser. He seems quite content to allow people to assign their own preconceived notions into his words and thereby no one is any closer to solving the poem, unless they just happen to have the same notions as he dis when he said them.