Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrests Partner
02-07-2014, 11:01 AM,
Forrests Partner
I also have had too much to drink while this has all gone on. I've decided to quit drinking. I was liking it too much to deal with this and just personal stuff. I never was angry with him for this...but I do whine and cry about it. Probably boys verses girl way of dealing with emotion lol.
02-07-2014, 11:56 AM,
Forrests Partner

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Rick Nowak on February 7, 2014, 11:01 am</b>

[Image: Forrest-Fenn-treasure-hunt-460x270.jpg]

Learned not to get smug with Forrest or with myself. Not going around under pressure or stress........Look sharp be sharp......

Dal said on feb 3, 2014

Keith Forrest last confirmed that it was still there (the chest) around the New Year, and no one knows how Forrest knows.

Months ago Dal went into a ghost town and a Indian surprised him by leaving a coyote with a pic ax in his van.

[Image: coyote.jpg]

Dal is still trying to figure out that one..........

Dal must have told someone where he was going. Forrest or a local, once he was in the area. If he can recall he told Forrest before the event, then Forrest and that Indian are working together................This is the guy checking out the chest...........

Going to make this my last post, the game has played a different way............Know Forrest is reading every email Dal's blog this site at times...........

This was just a little thank you post back to ForrestSmile

</div>
Edgy are we? ...beware of the Lurker
02-07-2014, 12:06 PM,
Forrests Partner
If you're leaving this would be a good time to thank you for the David Foster Wallace link. I'm not sure which thread you posted that on but I shared it with my kids on FB this morning. Sorry to see you go.

I'm fairly certain he reads this site occasionally.
02-07-2014, 12:41 PM,
Forrests Partner
The coyote pic is in this story:

http://dalneitzel.com/2011/09/24/coyote-part-two/

Fun story, well written.. but.. has an air of fiction about it. But, who am I to say. In any case, any link between "Mr. Fenn has a partner in crime/pranks" and "That same partner has knowledge of the location of and/or is the one checking on the chest" is non-existent.

I think (and hope) Rick will be back. This is probably the fourth time he's made a last post. The way to tell if someone is done posting is when there are no more posts from them, not when the say it is their last post.

02-07-2014, 01:12 PM,
Forrests Partner

<b>Quote from admin on February 7, 2014, 12:52 pm</b>

I hope you're right Thrill. I like Rick's posts.
</div>

I like Rick's posts too. They're often an eclectic mix of spooky and wise. They make me feel like I'm in a teepee with an old Indian who is wearing a feather headdress, watching the shadows blaze across the interior, from the calm but forceful gestures of his hands, amidst the dancing light of the flames of a fire.
02-07-2014, 01:17 PM,
Forrests Partner
I apologize for the inconvenience, but it’s my fault you can’t see the image from Dal’s site. When I set the site up I didn’t allow any hot links to anything but the pages. I did this because on a popular site like Dal’s people start putting links to pics and other parts of the site on other sites and blogs………this is fine except every time those links are viewed on other sites it uses bandwidth on Dal’s site. So what happens is the site gets slow even though there’s plenty of horsepower allotted for the amount of visitors the site has.

That’s probably clear as mud……..anyway it’s my fault the image doesn’t show up here. You can go to the page and view it just fine.
02-07-2014, 01:36 PM,
Forrests Partner

<b>Quote from admin on February 7, 2014, 12:52 pm</b>

Forrest doesn't read this blog unless I send him a link to something.

I hope you're right Thrill. I like Rick's posts. I can understand getting to the point of saying that though.
</div>

When I met Fenn at the Inn at Lorretto I introduced myself and my daughter using our real names. When I e-mail him I use my real name. He said something like "Oh. You said you were coming." This is essentially the only chase site I post on. He could only have learned that I was coming by reading chasechat. I was surprised that he had grocked that I am "John Brown" from my e-mails. It wouldn't have been difficult but I didn't think he'd bother with it.
02-07-2014, 02:21 PM,
Forrests Partner

If someone sent Forrest the correct solution, (under the impression a few have) you would think he would be like:

"Hay let's go out and get that chest together" Maybe Brown Nora and Step has or anyone else for that matter.

That is a extraordinary accomplishment, out of thousands of people.

The game has served it's purpose both ways getting people outside and for someone to solve a puzzle.

The group has gone past $17 million in recovery costs. where are you at Steph? I'm not far behind.........

02-07-2014, 02:55 PM,
Forrests Partner
Ricky

sounds like something happened recently you are not happy about

i think i know what it is but im not going to speculate

i am not so happy these days because of Fenns statement, it has caused me a lot of anxiety

it isnt anyone's fault. its the dynamics of the thing and some things i cant talk about in detail

but there is too much unknown, and i may have nothing to be anxious about,

but it is the unknown thing and the possible implications that get me worked up and how close i may be, but also how close i may be to missing it

i have many regrets right now. regrets that may go away or they may compound

i wish i had a time machine.

There's a lot of history in Warm
02-07-2014, 03:04 PM,
Forrests Partner

<b>Quote from admin on February 7, 2014, 2:17 pm</b>

He doesn't typically read this forum. I know, because he wasn't sure how to navigate it and he said he didn't read it. Just a few months ago I sent him an email in how to change the pages on it. He still only reads threads I send him. He liked the contest one and when he wanted to see the comments on that, he emailed me to ask if I could send a new link for him. So that's why I know he doesn't just read the forum.

As for knowing you....since I was going to the October one at CW I had sent him an email that talked about how a lot of us where going to go there and meet up. I'm sure I would have said your name. So it could have been from that. I wouldn't have said from the Inn though, I don't think since I wasn't going to that. I wouldn't be surprised though that he wouldn't know you from your emails. I don't think he typically reads Dals blog either as he said he doesn't read the blogs. I know he posts there once in a while, but it would be my guess that Dal might send him a link to it.

Lately he hasn't say anything to me at all...but I'm sure he still isn't reading the forum. I believe he gets so many emails that just keep him busy reading.
</div>

This was before CW. I guess it was in September. It was about 3 weeks before the thing at Collected WOrks.